Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 251 Guests

FULL STEAM AHEAD...

This thread currently has 18,190 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
February 3, 2020, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,486
Gold Stars: 1,500
Just as an aside, it struck me just now how much the renders pulled together by the Freemen resemble Stadion Miejski, a stadium I visited whilst visiting the city of Tychy in Poland on a work trip last year. It's a 15,000 seater and cost about £25m to build (albeit in Poland where I expect it's cheaper to do so). Probably nothing in it, but it does a pretty uncanny resemblance.

[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article2515264.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_Freemen-vision.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.mostostal.waw.pl/files/mostostal/MEDIA/Stadion%20Miejski%20Tychy/Stadion_Tychy%20%2853%29.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.mostostal.waw.pl/files/mostostal/MEDIA/Stadion%20Miejski%20Tychy/Stadion_Tychy%20%2870%29.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZQhatCV.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/TejlkDs.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/o3OlUBN.png[/img]
Cracking stadium by the way. By far the best I've been to that's sub 20,000 in capacity.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 115
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 3, 2020, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from aldi_01
The fundamentals are far more important at this stage. Worrying about food outlets or social clubs or whatever folk won’t is not even worth the time at the moment.

Assembling a project team with a vision and clear strategy is what is needed. Ensuring infrastructure including public transport and the likes are more important, exploring ways to ensure the stadium is eco friendly, self sufficient as far as possible, understanding what is necessary in terms of medical facilities, press facilities and so on needs addressing before we start looking at where we get sausage rolls or who supplies the booze.

Someone mentioned about design...again, that will naturally come down to funding. A single tier stadium would be plenty good enough. The amount of clubs at championship and below who have two tier stands and the second tiers are closed should suggest aingle tier is more than adequate.

If we look to the continent, a smaller version of Schalke would work. Frosinone have just built a new stadium, that’s very good as is Juve (minus the second tier we wouldn’t need and the mafia building crew). Samp is a good stadium that can create a good atmosphere (away end is atrocious) but it’s old now and is definitely not a design template seemingly used anymore.

Orlando have a great set up, but again, would we look that further afield (although they spent a year trawling across Europe looking at different stadia).

Just thinking about what I put previously, Yes, the ground is still going to have a capacity of 12k/14k but, would prefer at least 2 stands not to be single tier. It's just a preference on my side really.

The frosinone (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadio_Benito_Stirpe) is one of the grounds I was thinking of but for some reason i confus d it with a French rugby ground

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 115
aldi_01
February 3, 2020, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Frosinone is unique too, they adopted a similar process to Juve, minus the mafia. Build it smaller than their previous one, essentially making it more full, for more of the time. They also are one of a handful of teams in Italy that own their own ground.

I like Juve’s ground, and the seats are certainly unique but I’m not sure we’d need essentially a stand of corporate seats like them haha.

I think it would be worth getting out and about and seeing the different stadiums and designs. It worked for Orlando, and funnily enough, it was built in an area of Orlando that is similar to freemo...it’s done wonders for the community and the local area...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 115
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 3, 2020, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Ill do the ground work and tour Europe and America on the lash.

look at grounds I mean

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 115
heppy88
February 3, 2020, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
It's just not going to happen. Never.
Why would anyone think it will? What evidence do you have to suggest it will? How is this any different to any of the other failed attempts during the last 25 years?
Whilst Fenty is at the helm it simply will not happen. The man is a fool of epic proportions. There is nothing to prove otherwise. The fact he is deputy head of the council and head of regeneration beggars belief. What has he ever delivered, that he said he would deliver, for GTFC.
To have the audacity to suggest Shutes is to blame for any delay in the stadium is outrageous! Fenty was still banging on about Peake's Parkway as his preferred option last year.
As others have said we simply do not have the money and we never will as long as squeeky is in charge. Take off your rose tainted glasses. Step away from the Holloway merry go round for a short while. Now take a deep breath. Return to the present moment and see the harsh reality of our predicament. Without a change of owner who has
a substantial amount of cash to spend this simply cannot happen. I want a new stadium as much as the next person. But it's time to accept the reality of the situation. We are a cash strapped club run by a bunch of deluded failures. Come on, how many of you honestly believe Mr "shut up" has the vision, drive, knowledge, people skills   to make this happen. There is not one iota of evidence to suggest otherwise. I'm just sick and tired of this merry go round of bulsh!t. Fenty out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 115
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2020, 11:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from heppy88
It's just not going to happen. Never.
Why would anyone think it will? What evidence do you have to suggest it will? How is this any different to any of the other failed attempts during the last 25 years?
Whilst Fenty is at the helm it simply will not happen. The man is a fool of epic proportions. There is nothing to prove otherwise. The fact he is deputy head of the council and head of regeneration beggars belief. What has he ever delivered, that he said he would deliver, for GTFC.
To have the audacity to suggest Shutes is to blame for any delay in the stadium is outrageous! Fenty was still banging on about Peake's Parkway as his preferred option last year.
As others have said we simply do not have the money and we never will as long as squeeky is in charge. Take off your rose tainted glasses. Step away from the Holloway merry go round for a short while. Now take a deep breath. Return to the present moment and see the harsh reality of our predicament. Without a change of owner who has
a substantial amount of cash to spend this simply cannot happen. I want a new stadium as much as the next person. But it's time to accept the reality of the situation. We are a cash strapped club run by a bunch of deluded failures. Come on, how many of you honestly believe Mr "shut up" has the vision, drive, knowledge, people skills   to make this happen. There is not one iota of evidence to suggest otherwise. I'm just sick and tired of this merry go round of bulsh!t. Fenty out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am nodding in agreement but am holding out for a miracle.

Something will have to kick start Freeman street, and architects and designers who know what they are doing will work with all parties so I am clutching at the last available straws that it could,might possibly happen somehow.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 115
grimsby pete
February 3, 2020, 11:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Well if it does happen I hope they give the contract to build the stadium to that Chinese company who built a hospital from scratch in under 2 weeks.

They will have in finished in less than a month.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 115
promotion plaice
February 3, 2020, 11:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Just out of interest what's supposed to be happening to the old Ramsden's site?

I can see it ending up like the old Bunnys/bowling alley/bingo hall site in Cleethorpes.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 115
heppy88
February 3, 2020, 11:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40

I am nodding in agreement but am holding out for a miracle.

Something will have to kick start Freeman street, and architects and designers who know what they are doing will work with all parties so I am clutching at the last available straws that it could,might possibly happen somehow.

The sad reality is NE Linc's council is 100 million in debt. A fact admitted by the council last year. The club have no money, the council have no money. No one has any money. It's time for everyone to accept this inevitable truth and start putting some serious investment into BP. Anything else is madness!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 115
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2020, 11:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just out of interest what's supposed to be happening to the old Ramsden's site?

I can see it ending up like the old Bunnys/bowling alley/bingo hall site in Cleethorpes.

This is the reason why so many people are sceptical - nothing ever seems to come to fruition whether private or council lead.

I have lost count of how many times Grimsby has had artists impressions of town centre improvements but very little has transpired.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.