Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 186 Guests

FULL STEAM AHEAD...

This thread currently has 18,182 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2020, 11:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from heppy88

The sad reality is NE Linc's council is 100 million in debt. A fact admitted by the council last year. The club have no money, the council have no money. No one has any money. It's time for everyone to accept this inevitable truth and start putting some serious investment into BP. Anything else is madness!

Why do you think councillor Fenty keeps ploughing on then?

He must know something we don't surely otherwise it will soon become apparent it is all a pipe dream and he will have Ollie to answer to!
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 115
Rik e B
February 3, 2020, 11:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rRw61pT.jpg[/img]

And get the right director 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 115
rancido
February 4, 2020, 1:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 96
No wonder this town has become a backwater if some of the negativity voiced in the last two pages of this thread is anything to go by. It is a fact that we need a new ground for the survival of the club. The club want it, JF wants it, the Council want it and the fans (with the the exception of a few naysayer doom and gloom experts on here) want it. Forget false dawns and be hopeful and adopt a Mr Micawber attitude. The past is the past and that's where BP sadly belongs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 115
The Yard Dog
February 4, 2020, 1:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from heppy88

The sad reality is NE Linc's council is 100 million in debt. A fact admitted by the council last year. The club have no money, the council have no money. No one has any money. It's time for everyone to accept this inevitable truth and start putting some serious investment into BP. Anything else is madness!

At least I have my red conco cap, was hoping they would have done the same for Peakes Parkway, now I am dreaming of a Fremo Cap.

Squeaky must know more than he letting on, especially to get Mr & Mrs Holloway to up sticks and move to the area, Squeaky would have told Mr Holloway his vision and plans for the future, to lure Mr Holloway here.

Mr Holloway is no fool, he knew all about the players, so I guess he was fully aware of the stadium saga.

Try to look forward, I know its hard, but this is the era of a brave new Britian.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 115
rancido
February 4, 2020, 2:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

All well and good but in what form would this serious investment be and where would it go? If the club has no money then where are these funds coming  from to paper over all of BP's shortcomings? You are more likely to attract outside investment on a new purpose built stadium than you are on tarting up a depreciating out of date football ground, parts of which  are reminiscent of late Victoria football edifices. I'm the first to admit to very little knowledge of the world of finance and my only experience of borrowing for property is on house mortgaging. My first home, which I bought in 1972, cost me £4,200. I secured a 5% 30 year mortgage which entailed a £210 deposit. I also seem to recall that the interest rate then was between 4 to 5 %. The proposed cost of town's new ground is £20 million so a pro rata deal similar to to the one I got all those years ago would involve a deposit of £1 million. This would be within the club's reach using the value of BP and also some naming rights etc. Now I know this is a very simplistic approach but I'm sure it demonstrates that it is within the the realms of possibility to go down a similar financial route.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 115
Grimal
February 4, 2020, 2:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....uOcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Take a look at this Stadium. I played in that Stadium last year holds 12,080  it's even in our colours. Beautiful both inside and out.
Looking at that poll, it seems the Dutch are never happy.

And inside stadium

https://upload.wikimedia.org/w.....Heracles_Stadion.PNG

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 115
Rik e B
February 4, 2020, 2:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
With 200k a year profit we could pay for it all in ten if Squeaky kept his fingers out the pie 🙄😂.

Plus we'd get some funding so wouldn't need the full amount anyway and one would have thought we'd bring in a lot more once moved in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 115
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2020, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rik e B
With 200k a year profit we could pay for it all in ten if Squeaky kept his fingers out the pie 🙄😂.

Plus we'd get some funding so wouldn't need the full amount anyway and one would have thought we'd bring in a lot more once moved in!

You need 100 years at 200k to get 20 million  
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 115
rancido
February 4, 2020, 3:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B

Now I'm note brill at maths but 200k a year for 10 years equates to £2 million which is only a tenth of the cost. Shurely some mistake!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 115
Limerick Mariner
February 4, 2020, 5:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Grimal
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....uOcCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Take a look at this Stadium. I played in that Stadium last year holds 12,080  it's even in our colours. Beautiful both inside and out.
Looking at that poll, it seems the Dutch are never happy.

And inside stadium

https://upload.wikimedia.org/w.....Heracles_Stadion.PNG

That design would be perfect for us - just add rail seats at the docks (Pontoon) end, that will increase the capacity to about 14k, and we are sorted.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.