Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

FULL STEAM AHEAD...

This thread currently has 18,178 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
February 5, 2020, 9:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from heppy88

I can see it, but how can we afford it? The redevelopment of BP will not produce the same results as a new stadium. But I'm sure we have a better chance of financing the redevelopment of BP than finding 30 -50 million needed for a new stadium. I'm sure many of us have been to some of the recently built stadia and found them soulless and without character. And let's not forget the bottom line is the football. As impressive as it is, Chesterfields swanky ground hasn't been working any miracles for them. I really hope I'm wrong on this. I really hope the powers that be can pull this off. But who honestly thinks they can?

Regarding the financing, I'm with you all the way, Heppy.  I've asked the same questions too and we're no closer to an answer to that one.

I think the club HAVE to keep us fans on board here with regular updates.  It's the not knowing that irritates people the most.  If the Telegraph didn't get wind of the Shutes thing, even now I don't think the club would have told us a thing about it.  Some will say there the club would be justified as there was nothing to tell, but now at least the club realised that such a prospect got people talking and genuinely excited.

I think from now on we should get a monthly update from the club as to where this is at.  If there is no news, tell us there is no news, BUT with the caveat that we can than ask "why is there no news?".  Someone needs to be held accountable for their action or inaction.  This is how you get things done, being given targets and sticking to them.  If you don't achieve them, you have to explain why.  It's not about hanging someone out to dry, it's more about giving the fans a point of contact regarding the stadium and keeping us all posted.  If the club have an action that is needed but it hasn't been achieved, then we need telling.  If the club have done all they can and now it's with the council, we know we need an answer from the council etc.....

What's clear to me is that Blundell Park has had it, and we need to move on.  The club need to find a way of achieving this, preferably before most of us on here are all dead!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 115
aldi_01
February 5, 2020, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I suspect that monthly update will be rather dull...

The idea of building a school in or around the site is interesting but nigh on impossible, complex and not something that can just happen.

Community based projects etc can work and be incorporated but it’s clear that those questions haven’t really been looked at given they still actually haven’t figured out how to pay for it and fund it.

I think in the last god knows how many years there’s been more detailed discussions about what bloody pies it’ll sell rather than important discussion around funding, wider community impact and ensuring the stadium is designed effectively and what is needed from that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 115
Tommy
February 5, 2020, 9:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Who’s fault will it be when the potential redevelopment funding gets swallowed up by further austerity cuts?

ITV Digital

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 115
Swansea_Mariner
February 5, 2020, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Tottenham sixth form academy is built into the stadium. Primary school builds are fairly low complexity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 115
Heisenberg
February 5, 2020, 11:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from aldi_01
I suspect that monthly update will be rather dull...

The idea of building a school in or around the site is interesting but nigh on impossible, complex and not something that can just happen.

Community based projects etc can work and be incorporated but it’s clear that those questions haven’t really been looked at given they still actually haven’t figured out how to pay for it and fund it.

I think in the last god knows how many years there’s been more detailed discussions about what bloody pies it’ll sell rather than important discussion around funding, wider community impact and ensuring the stadium is designed effectively and what is needed from that...

I don’t doubt it’d be dull, but at least we’d know what’s going on. For example, what tasks will be done by the board in the month of February? If you don’t have targets, you’ll do nothing and in turn no progress will be made.

I hope I’m wrong but I can see 12 months go by with no progress and no  updates either. It’s very frustrating having to rely on someone else to do tasks that you want to see being achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 115
Rik e B
February 5, 2020, 11:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Worthwhile idea; each month a bullet point list of what hope to achieve then report back on progress. If certain points not done they get added to top of next month's list
and so on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 115
grimsby pete
February 5, 2020, 1:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Heisenberg

I don’t doubt it’d be dull, but at least we’d know what’s going on. For example, what tasks will be done by the board in the month of February? If you don’t have targets, you’ll do nothing and in turn no progress will be made.

I hope I’m wrong but I can see 12 months go by with no progress and no  updates either. It’s very frustrating having to rely on someone else to do tasks that you want to see being achieved.

Month 1,  Draw a sketch of stadium.

Month 2  Colour in grass.

Month 3 to 12  Colour in seats.

Month  13  Get planning permission

Month  14  to  20    Out to tender

Month  21  tp 23   Stadium built

Stadium built ahead of schedule  as we employed the Chinese building company who built the hospitals in record time.

Bonus   As well as fish and chips café in ground a Chinese Take away incorporated free of charge by Chinese.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 115
GollyGTFC
February 5, 2020, 1:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
As there are firm plans to gentrify Riby Square end of Freeman Street, maybe we could incorporate a new state of the art massage parlour in the new stadium to replace Nicole's?
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 115
Northbank Mariner
February 5, 2020, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GollyGTFC
As there are firm plans to gentrify Riby Square end of Freeman Street, maybe we could incorporate a new state of the art massage parlour in the new stadium to replace Nicole's?

I certainly hope not, they'll increase the price of my platinum membership!!..😉🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 115
cmackenzie4
February 6, 2020, 11:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I certainly hope not, they'll increase the price of my platinum membership!!..😉🤔

Haha! I thought that was you who I saw there last week  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FULL STEAM AHEAD...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.