Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 14 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 22,710 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 13, 2019, 2:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I think the Brexit party will needlessly split the leave vote,.

Oh I do hope so!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 186
Ipswin
November 13, 2019, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Just returning to this point, and this is obviously second hand info from a mate, but I was told back in September there was another interested party in buying the club. My mate is very reliable and was telling me what a current director had told him. Surprisingly a figure of £5M was mentioned but as until this thread this rumour has never raised its head I thought it may be the normal balderdash but your guess is as good as mine.

I will reiterate though that this information came directly from a club Director

The interested party is Nigel Farage on the basis that GTFC are one of the clubs most unlikely ever to get into Europe

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 186
Azimuth
November 13, 2019, 3:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don’t think you have to laugh at what Maringer said. Regardless of how deliberately misleading many politicians of different parties can be, it doesn’t mean they are all the same or that their methods and causes are morally equivalent, or all are as economically or socially as valid as each other.

I tend to think Corbyn is better for the country than Farage or Johnson or others of their ilk. I’d trust him a lot more than either of those two lying girl privates. Tories like them have copulated over places like Grimsby far more than Labour ever has. They’ve been in power for 29 years to Labour’s 18 of the 47 years since we joined the Common Market.

If you think a marxist who hates everything about our country and way of life and is a friend of terrorist organisations is just what our country needs then I really feel for you and worry about the logic of your thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 186
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2019, 3:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
FOR GOD SAKE....PLEASE TAKE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS AND START A NON FOOTBALL THREAD...
WHERES THE MODS WHEN YOU NEED ONE...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 186
Maringer
November 13, 2019, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Azimuth

If you think a marxist who hates everything about our country and way of life and is a friend of terrorist organisations is just what our country needs then I really feel for you and worry about the logic of your thinking.

He's not a Marxist, doesn't hate everything about our country and way of life and isn't a friend of terrorist organisations. That's a 100% record there, but not in the right way.

A lifelong campaigner for peace isn't a friend of terrorist organisations, even if they enter into dialogue with them. Just like, ooh, the Thatcher and Major governments did with the IRA, in fact.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 186
Malta_Mariner_90
November 13, 2019, 4:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
FOR GOD SAKE....PLEASE TAKE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS AND START A NON FOOTBALL THREAD...
WHERES THE MODS WHEN YOU NEED ONE...

Probably in the same place you lost your caps lock key  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 186
Maringer
November 13, 2019, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I have read quite a few of your political posts on the non footy site, and to be honest I don't believe a word you say as you seem to so blinded by anything that does not fit your narrative.

Please do feel free to point out where I've posted something demonstrably incorrect.

If something is an opinion, I do try to remember to note it as such, but I might have slipped up somewhere.

My points about Farage were based on fact though obviously, calling him a charlatan or shyster is just an opinion I've come to from reading the facts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 186
Rik e B
November 13, 2019, 4:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'm ever so sorry to continue this charade, but the wise sage Maringer thinks we can just print more money and never have any problems. Nonsense. Inflation would rise, everything costs more, square one.

See Zimbabwe.

Hence why governments borrow money from banks and prefer to pay back with interest.

Your long posts seem so well informed but there's usually a fundamental flaw (see above). Let's print 100 trillion sterling and make ourselves the richest country on the planet. Oh sh!t a packet on nobbys nuts now costs me £27.60, I can't afford to eat or pay my bills.

Im sure you've got some sort of magical comeback but can we all just agree to disagree in this particular zone of the Fishy for now? At the end of the day opposite views are entrenched and won't be swayed hence I don't waste much time over on non-footy banging my head against a brick wall while the aggrieved vocal minority witter on and on.

I could bang on about how loads of Establishment Remainer's stand to continue having their pockets lined by the EU if we Remain, I'm sure it's far more than any Eurosceptics dastardly plans to crash the pound and quickly cash in. Never mind the fact they likely life long Eurosceptics, probably from way before they had such funds to do so. But again, let's just leave it eh?

Anyway, any more scoop on rich business folk been seen of by Fents and Co. with bundles of plaggy binders?

I know it excites the tastebuds cooing over any potential takeover bid and makes for some great time passing chatting away about it bug in a way I'd kinda like it to actually be kept in the dark then *boom* there you go one day (hopefully!) instead of the deflated feeling of it not happening.

But sod it no I'm nosey I wanna know what's going on always 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 186
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2019, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Probably in the same place you lost your caps lock key  

That was my best attempt at being shouty!!🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 186
Maringer
November 13, 2019, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
You still don't understand how a fiat currency works.

Zimbabwe borrowed in foreign currencies over which they had no control. As did Venezuela, for that matter. We don't. They are also massively corrupt countries with barely functioning governments. We're not there quite yet.

If we need to pay off a debt in Sterling, we just create more and the only place that our creditors can spend their money is ultimately with the UK. As even the Tories have now realised, investors are buying UK government bonds at effectively negative rates - once inflation is taken into account, they pay to lend us money and have been doing so for about 5 years now.

Approximately 25% of the current UK debt was created by QE. So we increased our debt by a full third and inflation has still remained below the 2% BoE target. Nothing magical about it. If there is excess capacity in the economy, government spending isn't going to lead to runaway inflation when you are borrowing in your own currency, especially when most of it is recouped by taxation. Our economy has been crying out for investment throughout the awful and stupid austerity years and this is why the NHS and infrastructure is falling to pieces and large amounts of money needs to be spent. This doesn't even consider what the long term costs of climate change will be if it isn't checked.

Never quite understood why people complain about non-football comments in these threads. After all, nobody has any idea of who the fatcat with a flash car actually is and whether or not he is actually serious about becoming a sugardaddy for a struggling football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 186
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.