Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 23,011 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
November 13, 2019, 1:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Voting for the Brexit party is a wasted vote IMHO.  We get Brexit sorted in a few months,  so what do they do for the next four and a half years? They don't have another meaningful policy on anything so their MPs will just sit there pocketing their allowances and quaffing cheap booze waiting for the next election.

This is not another referendum on the EU but a general election to vote how we want the government to run our country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 186
jock dock tower
November 13, 2019, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
[quote=3362]

I have read quite a few of your political posts on the non footy site, and to be honest I don't believe a word you say as you seem to so blinded by anything that does not fit your narrative.

Like it or not The Brexit party is a mainstream political party (because the majority did not agree with you about the EU) and either you accept their right to hold meetings at BP, or you ban all political parties from having meetings there which would ludicrous.

Feeling passionate about something does not make you right, and the majority of voters do not share your views, but you seem unable or unwilling to accept that simple fact.

They are not a political party in the normal sense of the word. They are a company, mainly owned by Farage who determines whatever policies they are likely to end up with, and therefore being a "member" confers none of the usual benefits that one would expect from belonging to any organisation.

The worrying thing is, Farage is the biggest snake oil salesman ever seen, and his idea of democracy is what suits his needs. So much for taking back control, his party "membership" can't do that.Those unfortunate folk who have been dumped as Brexit Party candidates have found out just what a conman Farage is as they have been refused their £100 deposits to the Party for standing in the first place. That's a cool £31,000 now lining his pockets, an awful lot of very nice claret on very good terms indeed! Those same candidates have all their access to the BREXIT Party database rescinded, so not only is grand theft larceny it's totally blanking the folk who basically idolised him. He will have made some enemies with these actions, but would he care? I think we know the answer to that.

....and yet. A good number of working class folk think the sun shines out of his nether regions because they've been blinded by the lies. If the election does see a Tory administration, a big crashing out of the EU by the end of 2020, I hope these same folk understand their health, wealth, and well being all depend on geting things right.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 186
SomeSanity
November 13, 2019, 1:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
This is all well and good but what about the bloke in the f*cking Rolls Royce?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 186
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2019, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jock dock tower
[quote=3362]

I have read quite a few of your political posts on the non footy site, and to be honest I don't believe a word you say as you seem to so blinded by anything that does not fit your narrative.

Like it or not The Brexit party is a mainstream political party (because the majority did not agree with you about the EU) and either you accept their right to hold meetings at BP, or you ban all political parties from having meetings there which would ludicrous.

Feeling passionate about something does not make you right, and the majority of voters do not share your views, but you seem unable or unwilling to accept that simple fact.

They are not a political party in the normal sense of the word. They are a company, mainly owned by Farage who determines whatever policies they are likely to end up with, and therefore being a "member" confers none of the usual benefits that one would expect from belonging to any organisation.

The worrying thing is, Farage is the biggest snake oil salesman ever seen, and his idea of democracy is what suits his needs. So much for taking back control, his party "membership" can't do that.Those unfortunate folk who have been dumped as Brexit Party candidates have found out just what a conman Farage is as they have been refused their £100 deposits to the Party for standing in the first place. That's a cool £31,000 now lining his pockets, an awful lot of very nice claret on very good terms indeed! Those same candidates have all their access to the BREXIT Party database rescinded, so not only is grand theft larceny it's totally blanking the folk who basically idolised him. He will have made some enemies with these actions, but would he care? I think we know the answer to that.

....and yet. A good number of working class folk think the sun shines out of his nether regions because they've been blinded by the lies. If the election does see a Tory administration, a big crashing out of the EU by the end of 2020, I hope these same folk understand their health, wealth, and well being all depend on geting things right.

You don't like Farage which is fair enough. According to your strapline you don't like the Tories either, which is fair enough.

Other people do like both the Brexit party and/or the Tories.  They have a right to hold a political meeting at BP.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 186
lew chaterleys lover
November 13, 2019, 1:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mimma
Voting for the Brexit party is a wasted vote IMHO.  We get Brexit sorted in a few months,  so what do they do for the next four and a half years? They don't have another meaningful policy on anything so their MPs will just sit there pocketing their allowances and quaffing cheap booze waiting for the next election.

This is not another referendum on the EU but a general election to vote how we want the government to run our country.

I don't disagree, as I think the Brexit party will needlessly split the leave vote, but it is defending their right to hold a meeting at BP that is the issue.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 186
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2019, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Why don't you lot set up your own political party, go to Westminster to settle your debate and let the rest of us discuss who the bloke in the roller was, getting Fenty to carry his ring binders for him....in the words of Jimmy from Quadrophenia...."BELLBOY!!!!"...😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 186
mariner91
November 13, 2019, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261

You don’t believe anything that Maringer writes even though he often accompanies his posts with evidence and is generally pretty well informed on these subjects. Yet he’s the one blinded by things not fitting his narrative. The hypocrisy is on another level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 186
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 13, 2019, 2:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Why don't you lot set up your own political party, go to Westminster to settle your debate and let the rest of us discuss who the bloke in the roller was, getting Fenty to carry his ring binders for him....in the words of Jimmy from Quadrophenia...."BELLBOY!!!!"...😂

Just returning to this point, and this is obviously second hand info from a mate, but I was told back in September there was another interested party in buying the club. My mate is very reliable and was telling me what a current director had told him. Surprisingly a figure of £5M was mentioned but as until this thread this rumour has never raised its head I thought it may be the normal balderdash but your guess is as good as mine.

I will reiterate though that this information came directly from a club Director
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 186
gtfc98
November 13, 2019, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from mariner91

You don’t believe anything that Maringer writes even though he often accompanies his posts with evidence and is generally pretty well informed on these subjects. Yet he’s the one blinded by things not fitting his narrative. The hypocrisy is on another level.

That's the mindset of the Brexiteer though. They rely on nostalgia and a misplaced (and down right offensive) belief that we can "rally on the Empire" to get us out of this mess. Whoever presents them with facts, be it the Bank of England, The WTO, Human Rights Experts, Trade Experts they give the same response "THAT'S JUST PROJECT FEAR". You can't reason with these people.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 186
Ipswin
November 13, 2019, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

They have yet to contest a General Election. .

Hardly mainstream then and anyway the Brexit party is just a re-incarnation of the UKIP party and I can't recall them winning any seats at the last election either. In fact I think that drunken idiot Farage has tried to get elected to the House on a number of occasions without result hence his fear of failure again leading to his refusal to stand himself

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 186
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.