Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 23,013 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2019, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235
No “referees an onanist “ this week then
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 186
golfer
November 13, 2019, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from golfer

What a load of codswallop

For those who gave red x's you have been taken in by GTFC98-write it down on a piece of paper and treat it as a simple maths sum-in the meantime if anybody phones you up don't give them your bank details.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 186
gtfc98
November 13, 2019, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from golfer

For those who gave red x's you have been taken in by GTFC98-write it down on a piece of paper and treat it as a simple maths sum-in the meantime if anybody phones you up don't give them your bank details.

How is it codswalop? It's called currency shorting.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 186
GrimRob
November 13, 2019, 8:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
This is mostly non-football so moved. Please carry on the discussion but in a more appropriate place.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 123 - 186
golfer
November 13, 2019, 9:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from gtfc98

How is it codswalop? It's called currency shorting.

As you well know "short selling" is illegal in certain cases in this country and to make it legal a law would have to be passed. I don't for one minute think this would be passed in parliament even though the government did try to persuade the EU not to ban it. It would be a conflict of interest and carry a custodial sentence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 186
Maringer
November 13, 2019, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,497
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Rik e B
The Zimbabwe thing was plucked out of the air, I don't have the time to delve into things as much as you seemingly do but as far as I'm aware, simply printing money can only be done to a certain degree as I remember the US considering or doing during credit crisis but could only go so far.

I appreciate your knowledge on such and some matters though I do think some is heavily focused in one direction whilst being blind to shenigans on the side supported. As humans we all guilty if not careful of reading and accepting what fits our world view and card must be taken to try and view matters from different angles and opinions to try gain a clearer overview.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Back in 2017, there was a poll of MPs which indicated that only 15% of them actually understood how money was created in the modern economy! That's politicians of all parties who decide what is spent and invested and the vast majority of them didn't have a flipping clue how money was created - most of them probably thought there was a finite supply of the stuff. Pillocks.

It's counter-intuitive, but when you take out a loan with a bank, they don't give you the money from their reserves. They quite literally create it with a keystroke. When you pay the loan back, the money is destroyed. Crazy stuff, eh? But that's what happens with every bank working with a fiat currency today and this has been the case for decades.

If you want your head to explode even more, you'd perhaps be interested to know that the First World War was partially funded by QE? A blog from Bank of England employees revealed this in 2017:

https://bankunderground.co.uk/.....the-first-world-war/

TLDR. To sum up, the first War Bond issue to try and raise money was a terrible failure because not enough rich people were willing to invest in the bonds, despite a good rate of interest. To cover up the disaster, the BoE created a load of money and gave it to their chief cashier and his deputy who secretly bought loads of the bonds. Cue propaganda (i.e. bullshite) about the bond issue being massively oversubscribed and the guns and bombs were bought.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The fact that they have been in power for 29 years compared to 18 shows that most people do NOT agree with you! Why on earth do you think that your views are correct, and anybody supporting Farage or anybody else should be denied the opportunity to go along to BP as Maringer alluded to?

I guess you also think 17.4 million people were wrong? As I say, it is laughable that some people think only their colour rosette has any credibility.

PS you're missing the point.  Who's had more chance to improve the lot of people in towns like Grimsby?

Who took us 'into Europe'?
Who sold out the fishing grounds?
Who signed us up to the single market?
Who was in power when fishermen finally got some compensation?
Who cut public spending which disproportionately affected poor towns?

Go ahead. Vote for the BrexCon alliance. I'm alright Jack.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker

Corbyn reminds me of a friend at school who was always talking about being kind to animals and then he left school and became a butcher’s apprentice.

Plenty of people who work in the food industry are like that. Kind to animals but recognise they are a food for many people. Seems normal.

Not sure what your point is. Are you trying to imply he's some sort of hypocrite? If so it's a bit like saying if you're a sheep farmer you're cruel to animals.

Must try harder.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
Doesn't make you right either Kingston. In my opinion If you think Commie Corbyn would be good for the country you need your head testing!

"Jeremy Corbyn’s fitness for office was questioned today by three former Labour MPs who urged voters to back Boris Johnson instead.

Ian Austin, who worked a special adviser for Gordon Brown and in Downing Street, said that Mr Corbyn was an “extremist” who is “completely unfit” to be prime minister and told The Times that he would be voting for the Conservatives on election day.

“Voting for anybody other than Boris Johnson risks Corbyn getting into No 10 and I think that would be a disaster for Britain,” he said.
"

And I don't see why Brexit Party are at all devisive or should be lumped alongside BNP 🙄 They are no more so than the Liberal (un)democrats and if they were to hold a function at McMenemy's despite loathing their stance I wouldn't begrudge them and would welcome more income for the club.

I don't see their being vast swathes of rent-a-mob (il)liberal extremists foaming at the mouth in BP carpark come Thursday.

Personally, well done to the Club for welcoming people who represent the views of the vast majority of people in the area.

So there you go Rik. Resorting to insults rather than arguments. Ian Austin (who was on the radio this morning and completely exposed by that Tory journalist at the BBC, Andrew Marr) is a clueless mercenary. Yeah, vote Tory he says because of anti-semitism in the Labour party. Vote Tory despite the Islamophobia - don't believe me, have a listen to Baroness Warsie.

Now Commie you say. Let's see how capitalism worked out.... oh hang on, the last Labour government had to rescue the whole banking sector in 2008. Labour saved capitalism from itself. Now what does the evidence tell you there?

As for jibes like "rent-a-mob liberals". Really? You think people are paid to do that? Liberal "extremists"?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
The Zimbabwe thing was plucked out of the air, I don't have the time to delve into things as much as you seemingly do but as far as I'm aware, simply printing money can only be done to a certain degree as I remember the US considering or doing during credit crisis but could only go so far.

I appreciate your knowledge on such and some matters though I do think some is heavily focused in one direction whilst being blind to shenigans on the side supported. As humans we all guilty if not careful of reading and accepting what fits our world view and card must be taken to try and view matters from different angles and opinions to try gain a clearer overview.

Im as guilty as any at times but do try to skim sources from all spectrums to try garnish a bit of an overview. Unfortunately there a ton of 'fake news' and often it's the ones that screaming fake news that actually the proponents of it.

Whichever way you look there's usually some uber-rich puppetmasters f**king us all over to fill their endless greed. Take Greta Thurnberg, yes we have a problem but I should be able to point out the huge firms and organisations behind her who stand to gain massively from any Green Bill without being screamed at as a climate denyer.

I have further points but making myself late for work!

As well as boring plenty I'm sure....

So take the time. Or present the evidence of which firms will gain massively from Greta Thurnberg's campaigning. If you can't, then why repeat such claims? Come on we all know oil companies have a lot to lose with environmental campaigners gaining influence but who benefits from her?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 186
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.