Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 22,714 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 12, 2019, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don’t think you have to laugh at what Maringer said. Regardless of how deliberately misleading many politicians of different parties can be, it doesn’t mean they are all the same or that their methods and causes are morally equivalent, or all are as economically or socially as valid as each other.

I tend to think Corbyn is better for the country than Farage or Johnson or others of their ilk. I’d trust him a lot more than either of those two lying girl privates. Tories like them have copulated over places like Grimsby far more than Labour ever has. They’ve been in power for 29 years to Labour’s 18 of the 47 years since we joined the Common Market.

The fact that they have been in power for 29 years compared to 18 shows that most people do NOT agree with you! Why on earth do you think that your views are correct, and anybody supporting Farage or anybody else should be denied the opportunity to go along to BP as Maringer alluded to?

I guess you also think 17.4 million people were wrong? As I say, it is laughable that some people think only their colour rosette has any credibility.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2019, 8:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The fact that they have been in power for 29 years compared to 18 shows that most people do NOT agree with you! Why on earth do you think that your views are correct, and anybody supporting Farage or anybody else should be denied the opportunity to go along to BP as Maringer alluded to?

I guess you also think 17.4 million people were wrong? As I say, it is laughable that some people think only their colour rosette has any credibility.

Yes it does show more people disagree with me than agree. Doesn’t make them right though. And yes I do think 17.4 million people were wrong. It’d be totally illogical to change my view just because more people had a different view. I didn’t make my mind up on the basis of who I thought would win.

As for the Brexit Party event at BP, no one has said ‘only Labour must be allowed to hold an event there’. The original point made by a few people on Twitter and on Cod Almighty was that the Brexit Party shouldn’t be allowed to because they are more divisive than anyone else (apart from parties like the BNP or whatever they’re called these days). Personally I’d rather the club turned down any political group, especially now.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 186
lew chaterleys lover
November 12, 2019, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231

Yes it does show more people disagree with me than agree. Doesn’t make them right though. And yes I do think 17.4 million people were wrong. It’d be totally illogical to change my view just because more people had a different view. I didn’t make my mind up on the basis of who I thought would win.

As for the Brexit Party event at BP, no one has said ‘only Labour must be allowed to hold an event there’. The original point made by a few people on Twitter and on Cod Almighty was that the Brexit Party shouldn’t be allowed to because they are more divisive than anyone else (apart from parties like the BNP or whatever they’re called these days). Personally I’d rather the club turned down any political group, especially now.

You are obviously entitled to your view that you think the majority are wrong, but why that equates to the club turning down legitimate income from a political meeting during a General Election campaign I have absolutely no idea.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 186
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 12, 2019, 8:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

I tend to think Corbyn is better for the country than Farage or Johnson or others of their ilk. I’d trust him a lot more than either of those two lying girl privates. Tories like them have copulated over places like Grimsby far more than Labour ever has. They’ve been in power for 29 years to Labour’s 18 of the 47 years since we joined the Common Market.

Corbyn reminds me of a friend at school who was always talking about being kind to animals and then he left school and became a butcher’s apprentice.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 186
Rik e B
November 12, 2019, 9:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Doesn't make you right either Kingston. In my opinion If you think Commie Corbyn would be good for the country you need your head testing!

"Jeremy Corbyn’s fitness for office was questioned today by three former Labour MPs who urged voters to back Boris Johnson instead.

Ian Austin, who worked a special adviser for Gordon Brown and in Downing Street, said that Mr Corbyn was an “extremist” who is “completely unfit” to be prime minister and told The Times that he would be voting for the Conservatives on election day.

“Voting for anybody other than Boris Johnson risks Corbyn getting into No 10 and I think that would be a disaster for Britain,” he said.
"

And I don't see why Brexit Party are at all devisive or should be lumped alongside BNP 🙄 They are no more so than the Liberal (un)democrats and if they were to hold a function at McMenemy's despite loathing their stance I wouldn't begrudge them and would welcome more income for the club.

I don't see their being vast swathes of rent-a-mob (il)liberal extremists foaming at the mouth in BP carpark come Thursday.

Personally, well done to the Club for welcoming people who represent the views of the vast majority of people in the area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 186
denni266
November 12, 2019, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
I think an income to the club is fine from any political party so long as the club stays nutral
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 186
denni266
November 12, 2019, 9:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Personally i would rather see pink floyd there, Could be a problem getting the crowd of 60 thou in but we live in hope as the football has left us all comfortably numb  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 186
denni266
November 12, 2019, 9:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Personally i would rather see pink floyd there, Could be a problem getting the crowd of 60 thou in but we live in hope as the football has left us all comfortably numb  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 186
Rik e B
November 12, 2019, 9:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I wouldn't welcome any controversial hate-inciting group - far right or left, but anybody else in the spectrum welcome in my eyes, like I say, even if not views I agree with.

Money in the coffers the bottom line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 186
moosey_club
November 12, 2019, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from denni266
I think an income to the club is fine from any political party so long as the club stays nutral

Comedy gold.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 186
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.