Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 22,942 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

What a load of codswallop

So insightful.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:14pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Azimuth

If you think a marxist who hates everything about our country and way of life and is a friend of terrorist organisations is just what our country needs then I really feel for you and worry about the logic of your thinking.

So who told you that eh? Which rag did you read that in? The Sun? The Mail?

Corbyn opposed wars that we got involved in. Proved right on most of them. He talked to Sinn Fein. So did the Tory government in the 80s! He believes Palestinians deserve a safe homeland - what the intercourse is wrong with that?

All fair British values as far as I can see. If you are worried about anyone's logic it should be your own.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:18pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
You still don't understand how a fiat currency works.

Zimbabwe borrowed in foreign currencies over which they had no control. As did Venezuela, for that matter. We don't. They are also massively corrupt countries with barely functioning governments. We're not there quite yet.

If we need to pay off a debt in Sterling, we just create more and the only place that our creditors can spend their money is ultimately with the UK. As even the Tories have now realised, investors are buying UK government bonds at effectively negative rates - once inflation is taken into account, they pay to lend us money and have been doing so for about 5 years now.

Approximately 25% of the current UK debt was created by QE. So we increased our debt by a full third and inflation has still remained below the 2% BoE target. Nothing magical about it. If there is excess capacity in the economy, government spending isn't going to lead to runaway inflation when you are borrowing in your own currency, especially when most of it is recouped by taxation. Our economy has been crying out for investment throughout the awful and stupid austerity years and this is why the NHS and infrastructure is falling to pieces and large amounts of money needs to be spent. This doesn't even consider what the long term costs of climate change will be if it isn't checked.

Never quite understood why people complain about non-football comments in these threads. After all, nobody has any idea of who the fatcat with a flash car actually is and whether or not he is actually serious about becoming a sugardaddy for a struggling football club.

And you haven't even started on 'who does the government owe the money to?'

[the answer is mostly us]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

That's the mindset of the Brexiteer though. They rely on nostalgia and a misplaced (and down right offensive) belief that we can "rally on the Empire" to get us out of this mess. Whoever presents them with facts, be it the Bank of England, The WTO, Human Rights Experts, Trade Experts they give the same response "THAT'S JUST PROJECT FEAR". You can't reason with these people.

If they've ever bothered to listen to anyone from the Commonwealth, they'd know there is going to be no special treatment for us.

It'd be funny if it wan't so serious.

To be fair, not all Brexiteers are like that though. Just the loud ones.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from golfer
A lot of people calling Boris, FFS he's only been P.M. for 5 minutes. People are bringing things up when he was only in short trousers. He has cleared out a lot of the 2 faced gits like Hammond so as far as I can see he has only done good .

Listen chum, he may have only been in charge of something that covered your part of the country for 5 minutes, but I was a resident of the city he was mayor of for 8 years. The guy's a muppet, a chancer, a comedian. I'd have a laugh with him in the pub over a few pints but I wouldn't leave him in charge of my cat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:39pm
Meths Drinker

No need to apologise Rik - after all you didn't start it.

It is telling how some so called Town fans would starve the club of much needed funds, because they had the temerity to hold a meeting from a main stream political party that doesn't agree with their world view.

Oh! Last resort of the desperate!. Not a Town fan because they don't want the club earning a few quid from someone like Farage. I appreciate you might not agree with me on him and his cause. I get that. But which definition of 'fan' are you working from? Is any politician allowed to book the facilities at BP just because it means money for the club? Are we not allowed to draw any line?

As I said in another post, personally I don't think ANY political party should be allowed to. But to accuse someone of being a 'so-called" Town fan because on principle (rightly or wrongly) they disagreed with a source of money.

Who is out of bounds? Pol Pot? Adolf Hitler? Robert Mugabe? Leonid Brezhnev? Augusto Pinochet? Leopoldo Galtieri? No. All fine as long as it means money for the club.

How about El Chappo Guzman? I'm sure he's not a Commie. or a Brexiteer. That should be OK.

Union Carbide! How about them. Not done us any harm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 186
KingstonMariner
November 13, 2019, 11:41pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

A nice story but the occasion on which this really happened was when James Callaghan took over from Reginald Maudling following Wilsons election victory. The Tories left a defcit of £800,000,000

And took us into the Common Market and signed up to the CFP!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 186
Theimperialcoroner
November 13, 2019, 11:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Love you Kingston ✊🏻

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 186
gaz57
November 14, 2019, 1:41am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh! Last resort of the desperate!. Not a Town fan because they don't want the club earning a few quid from someone like Farage. I appreciate you might not agree with me on him and his cause. I get that. But which definition of 'fan' are you working from? Is any politician allowed to book the facilities at BP just because it means money for the club? Are we not allowed to draw any line?

As I said in another post, personally I don't think ANY political party should be allowed to. But to accuse someone of being a 'so-called" Town fan because on principle (rightly or wrongly) they disagreed with a source of money.

Who is out of bounds? Pol Pot? Adolf Hitler? Robert Mugabe? Leonid Brezhnev? Augusto Pinochet? Leopoldo Galtieri? No. All fine as long as it means money for the club.

How about El Chappo Guzman? I'm sure he's not a Commie. or a Brexiteer. That should be OK.

Union Carbide! How about them. Not done us any harm.

Agree, isn't it funny how the Tories like to call Corbyn a commie when their party is financed by the Russians. Should it be commie Johnson?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 186
arryarryarry
November 14, 2019, 3:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from gaz57

Agree, isn't it funny how the Tories like to call Corbyn a commie when their party is financed by the Russians. Should it be commie Johnson?

Well he is a flipping moron.

About the death of IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

"I have only seen various statements put out by the US about it...surely that would have been the right thing to do. If we want to live in a world of peace and justice we should practice it as well."
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 186
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.