Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Mysterious car/bloke at BP

This thread currently has 23,008 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
wuffing
November 14, 2019, 7:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Reported on Radio Humberside this morning: Farage at Blundell Park for Brexit  Party Conference!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 186
golfer
November 14, 2019, 7:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Listen chum, he may have only been in charge of something that covered your part of the country for 5 minutes, but I was a resident of the city he was mayor of for 8 years. The guy's a muppet, a chancer, a comedian. I'd have a laugh with him in the pub over a few pints but I wouldn't leave him in charge of my cat.

You lot voted him in as mayor-Chum-and then again-Chum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 186
Maringer
November 14, 2019, 10:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well he is a flipping moron.

About the death of IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

"I have only seen various statements put out by the US about it...surely that would have been the right thing to do. If we want to live in a world of peace and justice we should practice it as well."

Putting criminals on trial? What a crazy concept! Al-Baghdadi was certainly an appalling excuse for a human being but once you start trying to ignore the rule of law, it's a slippery slope.

A few of his young kids were apparently killed in the raid - collateral damage, I suppose? (I know the Yanks say he blew himself up, killing the children himself and it may well be the case, but I wouldn't put my money on it being the truth.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 186
lew chaterleys lover
November 14, 2019, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

You lot voted him in as mayor-Chum-and then again-Chum

Don't mention democracy - they seem to think when they lose it is really what the majority want! Like you say, he was sooo bad they voted him in twice in the most Labour leaning city in the UK.
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 186
lew chaterleys lover
November 14, 2019, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh! Last resort of the desperate!. Not a Town fan because they don't want the club earning a few quid from someone like Farage. I appreciate you might not agree with me on him and his cause. I get that. But which definition of 'fan' are you working from? Is any politician allowed to book the facilities at BP just because it means money for the club? Are we not allowed to draw any line?

As I said in another post, personally I don't think ANY political party should be allowed to. But to accuse someone of being a 'so-called" Town fan because on principle (rightly or wrongly) they disagreed with a source of money.

Who is out of bounds? Pol Pot? Adolf Hitler? Robert Mugabe? Leonid Brezhnev? Augusto Pinochet? Leopoldo Galtieri? No. All fine as long as it means money for the club.

How about El Chappo Guzman? I'm sure he's not a Commie. or a Brexiteer. That should be OK.

Union Carbide! How about them. Not done us any harm.

It is you that is getting desperate I'm afraid.

You are trying to equate Farage who is the leader of a British political party which won the last UK wide election, to some despots around the world.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 186
Perkins
November 14, 2019, 11:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from wuffing
Reported on Radio Humberside this morning: Farage at Blundell Park for Brexit  Party Conference!

That's why this thread has been running for the last two days.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 186
mimma
November 14, 2019, 11:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
So we now know who the mysterious rolls Royce belongs to.

Farage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 186
LH
November 14, 2019, 12:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Maringer

Putting criminals on trial? What a crazy concept! Al-Baghdadi was certainly an appalling excuse for a human being but once you start trying to ignore the rule of law, it's a slippery slope.

A few of his young kids were apparently killed in the raid - collateral damage, I suppose? (I know the Yanks say he blew himself up, killing the children himself and it may well be the case, but I wouldn't put my money on it being the truth.)

Err no. The only answer is killing people. Be that terrorists, using nuclear weapons or continually voting in austere policies.
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 186
Maringer
November 14, 2019, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
You have to say, the Tories have done a great job over the past decade:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50397856

Imagine being diagnosed with cancer and urgently referred but then having to wait over 2 months to start treatment? Must be hellish.

Bevan was right - lower than vermin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 186
gtfc98
November 14, 2019, 12:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from golfer

As you well know "short selling" is illegal in certain cases in this country and to make it legal a law would have to be passed. I don't for one minute think this would be passed in parliament even though the government did try to persuade the EU not to ban it. It would be a conflict of interest and carry a custodial sentence

So here's another example;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/26/nigel-farage-raemain-won-brexit-bloomberg

Crispin Odey alone made £220m that night. He doesn't hide that fact. It's only illegal if there's inside trading (I think this example is illegal but it's hard to prove.

If you want to tell me I'm talking codswallop at least come back with something sensible.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 186
19 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Mysterious car/bloke at BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.