Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 251 Guests

How many games has MJ got left.?

This thread currently has 16,836 views. Print
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2019, 2:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's astoundingly short sighted, even for our very own boo boy patrol. I thought the ethos of our support as a collective was slowly being changed to be a tad more reasonable and patient, but this thread makes for depressing reading. There is too much idiocy to quote all of them, so thanks for exceeding yourselves fellas. If I could be arsed, I'd search through old posts and find out if anyone calling for his head was proclaiming him the messiah about a month or so ago. Obviously, I don't think everything is perfect but to suggest we haven't moved forward since Jolley came in is mind bogglingly ridiculous.

Let's debunk this myth about the last three "easy" games too. Mansfield have got one of, if not, the biggest budget in the division and arguably the best starting lineup. They will kick on and they will probably at the very least still get a playoff spot if they sack Dempster with enough time. Stevenage may be bottom too, but they've been absolutely hampered by injuries all season. This is a side that got fairly close to the playoffs last season and will, like Mansfield, more than likely start to rise up the table over the next few months. Also, going to a side that hasn't won in ten or so matches is more often than not, not as easy as it seems. I'm not too familiar with the current Orient side other than the ex-Mariners, but there seems to be a lot of disrespect for them. Perhaps one of the experts could enlighten us? They've just taken 10 points from the last 12 which isn't too shabby at all.

You see in all that you say is where the problem lies...to busy looking at the opposition rather than concentrating on our own .
We have no "style" of play, it's altered to suit the opposition which he's got wrong...
Where's the "high press, high tempo" game he talked about??... disappeared into thin air!!...
It's about time he put the right players in their strongest positions, forgot about not losing to the opponent's, create a style
of play that our players can relate and work to and stop chopping and changing.
Get continuity with the starting 11 and build from there ..if you look at the start of the season he didn't change personnel for every game and low and behold we did okay if not pretty well...
Don't necessarily think people are calling for his head, it's more about we want him to stop messing about, learn from his mistakes and actually admit when he gets it wrong and don't blame players who are played in a position and style that's alien to them... these lads are footballers not Philadelphia lawers' for god's sake..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 115
Malta_Mariner_90
October 21, 2019, 2:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's astoundingly short sighted, even for our very own boo boy patrol. I thought the ethos of our support as a collective was slowly being changed to be a tad more reasonable and patient, but this thread makes for depressing reading.

To be fair, most of those that are being heavily critical have been so of Jolley for a while.

There are ones (like myself), that have so far been satisfied with Jolley as he has talked a good game and did seem to get it, regards taking us forward. But I am getting more frustrated with the style of play being crap.

Jolley always said he wanted us to play fast, attractive football. Well his teams have consistently failed to produce this over his tenure. I know he is a young manager and learning etc. unfortunately he seems a very slow learner.

Two things that really urine me off about him though are his aversion to natural wide players and sticking everyone back at set pieces.

Regards wingers last season we had the 3 - 5 - 2 bullshit and this season we only have Max Wright, despite Jolley abandoning 3 - 5 - 2 and signing Hanson.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 115
grimsby pete
October 21, 2019, 7:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
According to some on here you are not supposed to criticise or show your disappointment

I  have said in the past MJ will make a top manager one day but he will not if he does not learn by his mistakes.

He has made a few of them lately so let's hope he gets his selection and tactics right soon and then sticks to them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 115
October 21, 2019, 7:04pm
Guest User
Plenty
Reply: 113 - 115
MarinerDevil
October 21, 2019, 11:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
Not saying this is what is happening on this thread but it always makes me chuckle how football fans sometimes sound like they're accusing a manager of murdering their mother after their team puts in a poor performance.  The level of personal insults thrown around under the guise of 'passionate opinion' continues to astound.

People are obviously upset at the way a promising start has been undone with several poor, very poor or downright average performances of late.  But we're 14th, still well in touch of the play-offs: about where GTFC is if we're honest.

The only game in town for us is to present ourselves as a relatively stable outfit where people will have space to develop.  We can't keep cycling through managers, throwing money at each one until we urine the lower leagues back to our 'rightful' place in the Championship.  Success will come with time I think, the present management team have at least turned the playing department into a reasonably professional outfit once again and have done nothing so far to warrant the axe.  

I've probably just done a PP and guaranteed a slapping tomorrow, we'll see.  

UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 115
Son of Cod
October 22, 2019, 12:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Not saying this is what is happening on this thread but it always makes me chuckle how football fans sometimes sound like they're accusing a manager of murdering their mother after their team puts in a poor performance.  The level of personal insults thrown around under the guise of 'passionate opinion' continues to astound.

People are obviously upset at the way a promising start has been undone with several poor, very poor or downright average performances of late.  But we're 14th, still well in touch of the play-offs: about where GTFC is if we're honest.

The only game in town for us is to present ourselves as a relatively stable outfit where people will have space to develop.  We can't keep cycling through managers, throwing money at each one until we urine the lower leagues back to our 'rightful' place in the Championship.  Success will come with time I think, the present management team have at least turned the playing department into a reasonably professional outfit once again and have done nothing so far to warrant the axe.  

I've probably just done a PP and guaranteed a slapping tomorrow, we'll see.  

UTM

You're bang on the money in my opinion.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 115
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.