Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 131 Guests

How many games has MJ got left.?

This thread currently has 16,761 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
October 20, 2019, 11:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,949
Gold Stars: 65
The thing that worries me is we don’t even look close to winning a game, if we go one or two goals down we ma  go home.
This is a poor league this year apart from Crewe who looked good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 115
oochiad
October 20, 2019, 11:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Rubbish, we’ve come back from behind loads of times this season. Yesterday at 2-0 down we had clear cut chances from Hanson and Whitehouse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 115
mariner91
October 20, 2019, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from bedders78
A couple of bad performances and we lose our heads on here! The problem as far as I can see is that a good start to the season has given us false expectations that we were going to challenging the automatic places.  Not that long ago people were seriously debating Lincoln poaching Jolley.

We're a mid table team at the moment and we're in mid table probably with a mid table budget.  A good run and we could sneak into the play offs which are only 3 points away. We're better than last year and last year was better than the year before. A bit more football would be nice and another winger would be handy.

It's not a couple though is it? The last three games have been against very poor opposition and we've been various degrees of awful. We did really well at Exeter and did okay at home to Macc. We were poor against Salford, terrible against Oldham until the last 20 minutes and were well beaten by Crewe. That's one good performance in 8 games and 5/6 very poor performances.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 115
arryarryarry
October 20, 2019, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Davec

What happened?

I was told he completely lost it with a certain individual, whether that is true I don't exactly know.

I would hope someone who really knows may be able to add more.

Private Message
Reply: 83 - 115
ROKERITE
October 20, 2019, 12:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from bedders78
A couple of bad performances and we lose our heads on here! The problem as far as I can see is that a good start to the season has given us false expectations that we were going to challenging the automatic places.  Not that long ago people were seriously debating Lincoln poaching Jolley.

You're right, three weeks ago Grimsby produced a fine performance resulting in a 1-3 win at the previously unbeaten league leaders.
Unfortunately every time the green shoots of recovery appear they are trampled upon by a series of bad performances and results.
Since his appointment Mr Jolley's sides have tended to go on runs of good results followed by runs of bad results. He needs to make the good runs longer and the bad ones shorter; I know "no sh.. Sherlock".
There is still no-one out there I think would be a better replacement. I still believe he can mount a challenge for the play-offs. So how many games? Unless the team go into free-fall as occurred in the early part of 2019 then I'd hope at least thirty-two in League Two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 20, 2019, 12:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from bedders78

We're a mid table team at the moment and we're in mid table probably with a mid table budget.  A good run and we could sneak into the play offs which are only 3 points away. We're better than last year and last year was better than the year before. A bit more football would be nice and another winger would be handy.

After a year and two bits of Jolley surely the side ought to be showing at least some sort of shape and cohesion. It isn’t simply that some players are off form and we are arguing about who should play left wing or right back - we don’t even know if the next Jolley shake up side will have. LW or RB. And if it does the chances are it could be a natural right sided defender on the LW and a left footer at RB!

It makes you wonder what the players must think of all this, they turn up on a match day having trained in the dark apart from being scared to death by a laptop presentation of their mighty opponents like Leyton. Then they see the team sheet and they get told what to do. No wonder we are rubbish for the first quarter or half and can’t mark people from corners and free kicks, the poor bu99ers are still trying to work out this week’s formation.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 115
GollyGTFC
October 20, 2019, 12:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from ROKERITE

Unless the team go into free-fall as occurred in the early part of 2019 then I'd hope at least thirty-two in League Two.

Some would argue 7 league wins in 27 is free-fall.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 115
Grantham_Mariner
October 20, 2019, 12:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
I used to know a person who had a BA, MA and 2 PHD's in History who was a failed Uni lecturer because although he had a vast knowledge of history he was unable to pass it on to others.

I think I now know of a highly qualified UEFA coach who although he has a great understanding of the game is unable to pass this on to his players.

Knowledge is not everything, how to use that knowledge is the important thing.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 115
headingly_mariner
October 20, 2019, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was told he completely lost it with a certain individual, whether that is true I don't exactly know.

I would hope someone who really knows may be able to add more.

A sladesque pop at the same target and others. Can’t hammer the press for being too negative when you’ve been spanked at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 115
Grimbiggs
October 20, 2019, 1:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Far too quick to be making a judgement, up until 3 weeks ago, we had on the whole been playing reasonably. The Port Vale, and Exeter games showed how well we can play at times. However, of concern is the amount of goals we seem to be conceding, chopping and changing is also a concern, Clifton and Hewitt shouldn't of started yesterday, and why has Pollock been dropped?. Upfront Hanson needs decent service and support alongside, and Rose is better as an impact player. Vernam and Cardwell need to go out on loan, as they both need game time and their confidence restoring. Anyway as bad as it was yesterday it's unlikely that we're going to be facing a relegation battle, so Jolley's position should only be considered nearer the end of the season...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.