Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

How many games has MJ got left.?

This thread currently has 16,830 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
October 21, 2019, 12:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Not really read anyones responses to this post other than the first page and yet had to give this response. Ok some want Jolley to go now. We are 14th in the league 3 points off the play offs. Lets put a job vacancy up for Russ Wilcox and John Mcderrmot to apply for AGAIN!!!
Christ weve been here before, we are NOT an attractive propersition for a  manager looking to enhance his career. Geographically we are isolated, imo we are at our level as far as financially and how the club is run, plsyers do not want to move here and we are not favourites to win the league. On paper we have a better squad than last year so we are progressing.
2 weeks ago we were in the play offs and fans were getting carried away. This week all doom and gloom!!
Now is not the time for kneejerk reactions. Back the manager that had us up there a fortnight ago and look at the orient game in isolation.
Jolley will turn this around i am sure but patience is needed and backing from town supporters
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 115
gaz57
October 21, 2019, 12:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Stew0_0
Not really read anyones responses to this post other than the first page and yet had to give this response. Ok some want Jolley to go now. We are 14th in the league 3 points off the play offs. Lets put a job vacancy up for Russ Wilcox and John Mcderrmot to apply for AGAIN!!!
Christ weve been here before, we are NOT an attractive propersition for a  manager looking to enhance his career. Geographically we are isolated, imo we are at our level as far as financially and how the club is run, plsyers do not want to move here and we are not favourites to win the league. On paper we have a better squad than last year so we are progressing.
2 weeks ago we were in the play offs and fans were getting carried away. This week all doom and gloom!!
Now is not the time for kneejerk reactions. Back the manager that had us up there a fortnight ago and look at the orient game in isolation.
Jolley will turn this around i am sure but patience is needed and backing from town supporters
Utm

Well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 115
monkeyboy
October 21, 2019, 6:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Do you know what, i don't think it matters what tactics he plays at the moment as i think our midfield is absolutely utter garbage.
Hess is a decent but average run of the mill mid.
Whitehouse was the one player everyone had there hopes pinned on and has turned out to be a big time flop.
Robson - still a kid and not ours, hit and miss.(where was he saturday?)
Max - still a kid but probably the best potential
Jordan Cook - not a mid but gets lumped there.
Vernum - Again not a mid and really not sure where he would play.
Hewitt - should never ever play in the mid again. terrible. right back tho has been ok.

So looking at that we are really really shite in midfield. i fully expect some new personnel in that area come january.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 115
Northbank Mariner
October 21, 2019, 7:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Stew0_0
Utm

I wish we could look at Orient in isolation but that would be hiding from the facts.
Oldham - awful up until the last 10 minutes and we nicked an equaliser.
Mansfield - no excuse for losing to 10 men, we were devoid of ideas, again woeful.
Sunderland - yes, tinpot, but he put out a strong team an we last to their second string.
Stevenage - bottoms feeders without a win and we couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, terrible again.
Leighton Orient - There for all to see, wrong straying line up, players out of position, players on the bench that should have started...once again....bloody awful...
This is without recounting the games we managed to draw early on, so no, you cannot look at 1 game in isolation, we've been behind in far too many games already and too many times he's got the selection and tactics wrong...
There was a wave of optimism flowing through this club when MJ first came, we all thought we had the new Eddie Howe on our hands but I'm starting see more Marcus Bignott with his cluelessness at times.
Only so much more dire we can take but if we now go on an unbeaten run, playing good, entertaining football I will do as Bart Simpson once said and "eat my shorts"..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 115
Rik e B
October 21, 2019, 10:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'm not so quick to jump on the sudden 'Jolley out' movement (although agree with concerns), feel it may be a bit rash as we known to be a streaky team -there a good chance we'll all of a sudden be back on a winning streak after probably a couple more bad results.

Then no doubt there will be posts about playoff aspirations, getting Jolley tied down etc etc as so it always goes.

Don't get too up when you up and too down when you're down is my mantra.

We started better than expected now doing worse than expected so together we about where we expected. And probably where we should be budget wise. It's the fare on show and the apparent lack of a cohesive plan andcplayers looking like they not gelled (un-gelled?) from chopping and changing that the immediate concern.

But the reason I posted is over this idea we an unfashionable club, who we going to get etc etc. Now I'm flying in the face of the group of supporters who prefer a steady ship and not jumping to rash decisions, of which I'm more often than not part, but I just don't get this point.

There's always loads of experienced managers out of work and loads of young coach's or retiring players who'd love to make the leap and a lot would take pretty much any opportunity at any Football League Club. We not that unfashionable or out in the sticks and our support especially away from home has not hone unnoticed by anyone in the game who's witnessed us arrive in town.

Sol Campbell took an opportunity at a sinking ship at a minnow club, in comparison we much bigger and stable. On that point he's available and worked wonders, I was previously of the opinion he'd be a disaster.

But not meaning to put names out there as that incinuates Im itchy on the trigger which not the case just yet. Jolley needs to get back to basics and work out his best side and settle with it making only minor tweaks here and there. Long straight punts to Hanson who alone in the centre is simply retarded. I've heard Hanson get stick but it's not his fault if no one around him.

Have a game plan and a backup plan or two and drill them to death so everyone knows what they're doing and where they need to be. Work on partnerships, be it two strikers or LB and LW how they interchange. Keep it stupid simple, old school style, like the great man AB did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 115
GollyGTFC
October 21, 2019, 11:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Whether you like Jolley or not, it is ridiculous to suggest that the only calibre of applicants we would attract to a potential vacancy would be the likes of Russ Wilcox or John McDermott. We clearly wouldn't. Last time round we had an application from Sol Campbell (who did an excellent job at Macclesfield under very difficult circumstances) and Gary Holt who has and continues to do a great job at Livingston. And those are just the applicants who we know were interviewed for the job through national media stories/interviews. In fact we know Gary Holt was offered the job and Fenty changed his mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 105 - 115
cannylad68
October 21, 2019, 11:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I think MJ's appointment had a lot to do with the fans/fishy support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 115
Son of Cod
October 21, 2019, 1:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from chicaneuk

Totally.. a complete overreaction. I mean I worry there is some dressing room issue or something because it’s been such a sudden and terrible drop in form but it’s been literally 3-4 games of bad form and now it seems everyone wants the managers head. Unbelievable.

It's astoundingly short sighted, even for our very own boo boy patrol. I thought the ethos of our support as a collective was slowly being changed to be a tad more reasonable and patient, but this thread makes for depressing reading. There is too much idiocy to quote all of them, so thanks for exceeding yourselves fellas. If I could be arsed, I'd search through old posts and find out if anyone calling for his head was proclaiming him the messiah about a month or so ago. Obviously, I don't think everything is perfect but to suggest we haven't moved forward since Jolley came in is mind bogglingly ridiculous.

Let's debunk this myth about the last three "easy" games too. Mansfield have got one of, if not, the biggest budget in the division and arguably the best starting lineup. They will kick on and they will probably at the very least still get a playoff spot if they sack Dempster with enough time. Stevenage may be bottom too, but they've been absolutely hampered by injuries all season. This is a side that got fairly close to the playoffs last season and will, like Mansfield, more than likely start to rise up the table over the next few months. Also, going to a side that hasn't won in ten or so matches is more often than not, not as easy as it seems. I'm not too familiar with the current Orient side other than the ex-Mariners, but there seems to be a lot of disrespect for them. Perhaps one of the experts could enlighten us? They've just taken 10 points from the last 12 which isn't too shabby at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 115
nightrider
October 21, 2019, 2:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Which manager/s over the last 40 years have the fans wanted?  I can't think think of one

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 115
marinerdazza
October 21, 2019, 2:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from nightrider
Which manager/s over the last 40 years have the fans wanted?  I can't think think of one

Newell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How many games has MJ got left.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.