Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 262,655 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
August 22, 2019, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from marinerjase
Swin spent years slating Fenty, hardly in a position to tell others to ‘ease off’..

For whatever reason -since a phone call or something - he’s now in the ‘can do no wrong’ bracket. All very strange.

Disappointed in you Jase, I was never in the First XI of Fenty slaters anyway compared to many on here but now that it is out in the open that he is not holding out for more (personal)  money, which many have been accusing him of and claiming it as the reason the takeover has apparently stalled, perhaps the tirade of abuse can subside a little, in respect of that accusation at least.

Should Shutes fail to convince Fenty and the Board of his ability / intention to take the club forward then I assume Fenty will get slaughtered again instead perhaps of getting some credit for ensuring our club passes into safe hands.

After all there is still the subject of Fenty's past history to keep the majority of the Fenty bashers going for a while.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1060 - 1162
Rik e B
August 22, 2019, 12:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Have you been invited into one of his 'door always open' chats and won round 'Swin? I could have sworn I spent years defending Fenty at loggerheads with you amongst others. 🤔

Oh how the tables turn, it does seem very strange considering you've always been one on the glass half empty walk of life, to put it mildly 😅😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1061 - 1162
marinerjase
August 22, 2019, 1:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,629
Gold Stars: 147
Ensuring club in good hands - fair do’s. As in everything can twist and turn things to suit - honestly think it’s in best interest if part waves completely - but not sure it’ll happen anytime soon tbh.

Surely you’d acknowledge failings in some areas though? With reference to relations in general ?? (And yes - fault/blame works both ways)

Think for club to move forward - and IF a sale not worked out - then steps need to be taken to repair relationships, and that will only happen if people acknowledge failings and work on improvement. End of the day we all want the same thing - passions run high, things get said etc etc - now though I think it’s about moving forwards.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1062 - 1162
rancido
August 22, 2019, 1:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

Disappointed in you Jase, I was never in the First XI of Fenty slaters anyway compared to many on here but now that it is out in the open that he is not holding out for more (personal)  money, which many have been accusing him of and claiming it as the reason the takeover has apparently stalled, perhaps the tirade of abuse can subside a little, in respect of that accusation at least.

Should Shutes fail to convince Fenty and the Board of his ability / intention to take the club forward then I assume Fenty will get slaughtered again instead perhaps of getting some credit for ensuring our club passes into safe hands.

After all there is still the subject of Fenty's past history to keep the majority of the Fenty bashers going for a while.

Sadly, Ipswin , there are many Shylocks on here who want their " pound of flesh ". They will only be happy if JF is publicly flogged , wearing a hair shirt , and keeps screaming until he  admits he got things wrong.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1063 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2019, 1:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
1) we only have Fenty’s word for it on the price being settled. I don’t particularly think he’s lying but decades of experience negotiating contracts gives me cause for caution on anything until both parties have signed on the dotted line. Often what you think was agreed and clear was not until the other pieces are in place. Added to that past comments like Hurst’s reason for leaving from Fenty lead me to have less than 100% confidence in what he says.

2) in the grand scheme of things, the big risk to GTFC’s financial health isn’t whether a new owner is prepared to chuck in a few hundred thousand pounds to arrest relegation or unexpected drop in revenue. The big risk is over the financing of a new stadium. Has Shutes demonstrated that the development costs have been covered, and secondly that the club won’t be homeless as a result of problems getting the new ground built. I’ve not heard anything about that side of things. Has it been addressed?  If I wanted to show I was taking care of the club before handing over the reins I’d let that be known subject to complying with confidentiality agreements of course.

3) the person who got this whole censorship thing off this week, Forza, didn’t actually say that Fenty was holding out for more money. That would be a narrow interpretation of it. You could check his actual words if the post hadn’t been deleted.

Swin, you’re understating your qualities - you most definitely were in the first XI. You were one of the star players long before most people joined in. Maybe you don’t like actually being in the bigger gang.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1064 - 1162
Ipswin
August 22, 2019, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rik e B
Have you been invited into one of his 'door always open' chats and won round 'Swin? I could have sworn I spent years defending Fenty at loggerheads with you amongst others. 🤔

Oh how the tables turn, it does seem very strange considering you've always been one on the glass half empty walk of life, to put it mildly 😅😉

Not at all and I don't think I was ever so strongly opposed  to Fenty (compared to many) that anyone had to defend him against my posts and no, I haven't been 'won round', I didn't need winning round I just wanted to know what was happening, JSF told me and I was satisfied with that and it is now in the public domain that he accepted Shutes offer weeks ago.

'Glass half empty'? Yes I am still in that group, for example 1) I am convinced we will be in the bottom half dozen or worse at the end of the season 2) I am not at all sure that Shutes ambitions for the club extend beyond buying Fenty out and getting a new ground as part of some 'wonderful Grimsby' vision without investing in the future progression of the football team and 3) The deal may not go through because of 2) above.

I certainly think Fenty deserves some credit for insisting Shutes proves he's in it for the club, don't forget if the deal does not go through Fenty doesn't get his money, he is putting GTFC before himself Whatever he's done wrong in the last 16 years we have a club because of him and hopefully will still have a club because he is making sure all is in order before he hands over

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1065 - 1162
Rik e B
August 22, 2019, 1:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rancido, A simple admittance he could have done some things better but has aways tried to do what's right would go a long way instead of ego soothing  blind insistence done a great job which just winds people up more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1066 - 1162
Rik e B
August 22, 2019, 1:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
You bring balance and debate Swin to counteract all the 'head in the clouds' glass half full dreamers like I myself can be. Disagreeing nothing personal.

Good last point, IF what we are told is the actual truth and IF the agreed price caters for paying out Fenty he could grab his cherished benign loans and finally be shot of the nightmare he took on and be blowed with what happens to the Club afterwards. He's sorted and that's all that matters.

That's if.

I just wonder why the board (Fenty) feel the need to require this evidence when there the 'fit and proper person' checks that should look into these concerns.

Perhaps it's because that system a load of old guff that not fit for purpose if you take a look over at Bury and Bolton!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1067 - 1162
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 22, 2019, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
I remember fenty on the pitch at Bournemouth hailing himself and his ego as the saviour of our great club. I was drawn in.

What happened was 6 years of torrid abuse on and off the pitch, disrespectful managers, players that couldnt be fu(ked, pityful displays and players drawn by an ego and empty wallet. They were sanctioned because people weren't doing their jobs.

Now even further down the line a stadium manager that lost the club the equivalent of a youth team player and board members abusing fans.

Yep. We've certainly had it good in recent times

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1068 - 1162
stevemar78
August 22, 2019, 2:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
I won't dig my Conono cap out just yet then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1069 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.