Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,127 views. Print
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
January 4, 2019, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Civvy at last

And long may it continue. IMO it’s the right thing to do.

Let’s face it, IF (and it’s still a bloody big if) there is something happening, the club could be silent for two reasons.
One being that any discussions at the moment are confidential. Or two, having had their fingers burnt (yet again) by premature announcements they are waiting for something concrete to be able to announce.

So well done to JF and the board.  Keep up the silence please.

My point about Fenty's silence was not specifically in connection with the current take over rumour (or any buy-for that matter)

It was merely to point out that he normally cannot keep his mouth shut and himself out of the limelight when we go on a good run (as we did til last week) or when we go on a bad run (the point at which he normally issues one of his ridiculous twice yearly rallying calls) or whenever there is any news / speculation about the fictitious new stadium project or when some sodomist on here upsets him (and getyourfactsright suddenly pops up)

All this and the claims that he was missing at a couple of games recently coupled with his Hammer Horror-like appearance the last time he was caught on camera led me to ask if he had died and gone to the big board room in the sky where no one argues with him and he keeps everyone, not just the Trust, in the dark

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 379
mariner91
January 4, 2019, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Is this a legitimate trusted source though? I’m sure I’d seen elsewhere it was a newly registered domain name and no known journalists are linked to it? Sounds like someone in their bedroom with too much time on their hands 😳

Good for them if that's the case! If I find myself in my bedroom with too much time on my hands I just end up wanking myself silly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 379
Brazilnut
January 4, 2019, 3:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Sounds to me they have taken the various rumors / suggestions posted on here and expanded it into "an Exclusive"

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 379
Son of Cod
January 4, 2019, 3:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Thought this was gonna be another thread about Palace pubs.

Fair play if this isn't real, creating a news website from November last year to roll out this story is top level commitment to hoaxing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 379
monkeyboy
January 4, 2019, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Plenty of the trust on here isnt there? surely someone highish from it can spill some info.?

Dont need mega details just a yay or nay if theres something afoot?

Gets the fans excited and good for business spilling half rumours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 379
golfer
January 4, 2019, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,430
Gold Stars: 116
I said i would run round B.P. with a white feather stuck up my Arsen if Ashley Took over-the offer still stands if this recent  "rumour " is true.   £2-50 entrance fee if it materialises.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 379
Tommy
January 4, 2019, 3:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from monkeyboy
Plenty of the trust on here isnt there? surely someone highish from it can spill some info.?

If, and it is a massive IF, there is any remote bit of truth in this, I wouldn't want anyone from the Club or Trust to come out and say anything about it which may end up jeopardising the whole thing. As much as we all want to know what's going on ,we can't always be privy to everything and sometimes it's for the best.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 379
pen penfras
January 4, 2019, 3:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from monkeyboy

Even if there is something going on, if the club aren't saying it then why would the trust? Any reason would be because it's nowhere near a done deal and likely to get egg on their faces or lose the deal. Plus if the trust say something that puts a deal in jeopardy, then they'll quickly lose any privileges that they currently have. Just because they are here to represent the fans doesn't mean that they should tell the fans everything they know about what's going on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 379
Teesknees
January 4, 2019, 3:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from golfer
I said i would run round B.P. with a white feather stuck up my Arsen if Ashley Took over-the offer still stands if this recent  "rumour " is true.   £2-50 entrance fee if it materialises.

£2.50 entrance fee? entrance fee to what your ars e?

You could have a feather stuck up your ars e. but you could be wearing trousers, so you'd still be sticking to your promise and keeping your meat and two veg out of site!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 379
OllieGTFC
January 4, 2019, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
These rumours have to come somewhere but I’ll only believe it once skysports news confirm it

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 379
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.