Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 122 Guests

Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

This thread currently has 16,288 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
August 1, 2018, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
“Looked like he’d been starved by the state.” Ffs.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 214
Welwynmariner
August 2, 2018, 2:44pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Return of the Yax? Unsurprisingly, Skrill's linked tweets are incorrect.

Yaxley or Robinson or Harris, or whatever he's calling himself these days, won his appeal relating to the charges in Leeds but faces a retrial so it's yet to be decided if he's innocent of those. Still guilty of the charges from Canterbury as his appeal about those failed. So it seems he's not been proven innocent yet.

It's a re-hearing rather than a re-trial isn't it? In front of a different judge?

The argument was all about the failure to consider mitigating circumstances and the length of the sentence for what he pleaded guilty to in Canterbury. All the Tommy Robinson apologists conveniently ignore the fact that he pleaded guilty to contempt on both counts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 214
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 3:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
I've not followed it all closely enough so you're probably correct.

Have to say, from what I've read he seems to be a bit of an odd character. I can't help but wonder if his 'activism' isn't just a way of making a decent living for him these days. A convicted fraudster on a number of occasions so it wouldn't surprise me if he's willing to spend a bit of time in the clink from time to time in order to make a bit of money. I don't doubt folks on the far right are willing to bung him some money and he's done stuff with various bits of the media in recent years which has probably paid as well.

Still a horrible scrote, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 214
Grim74
August 2, 2018, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Maringer
I've not followed it all closely enough so you're probably correct.

Have to say, from what I've read he seems to be a bit of an odd character. I can't help but wonder if his 'activism' isn't just a way of making a decent living for him these days. A convicted fraudster on a number of occasions so it wouldn't surprise me if he's willing to spend a bit of time in the clink from time to time in order to make a bit of money. I don't doubt folks on the far right are willing to bung him some money and he's done stuff with various bits of the media in recent years which has probably paid as well.

Still a horrible scrote, of course.

Muslim child raping gangs or Tommy Robinson, I know who's side I'm on.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 214
kamakazebear
August 2, 2018, 7:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +470
Quoted from ginnywings
As the saying goes:-

Never try to play chess with a pigeon. He knocks over all the pieces, sh1ts all over the board, and then struts around like he has won.

Was going to bite to one of Grim's ridiculous posts and then I saw this. Absolutely spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 214
ska face
August 2, 2018, 7:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Per head, there are probably more paedophiles, deviants and wronguns on your average EDL March than in any mosque -

https://malatesta32.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/updated-edl-nonce-list/
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 214
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Grim74

Muslim child raping gangs or Tommy Robinson, I know who's side I'm on.

Not a binary choice though, is it? You don't have to pick one or the other when both are wrong. These gangs of alleged sexual predators (who apparently happen to be not very observant Muslims) were entitled to a fair trial. His grandstanding could have led to a mistrial and potentially guilty men going free.

I see Yax has a history of beating up his missus in public as well as the criminal fraud and other various convictions he's had for violence so he's hardly a model citizen, is he?

I still maintain that he's more of a chancer than a serious political activist. Apparently his reunion with his (very upset) kids was filmed and immediately released as a propaganda piece. What sort of a toerag do you have to be to use your kids in such a way? The 'Tommy Robinson' sort.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 214
Grim74
August 3, 2018, 8:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Anyone struggling with the definition of fascism in 2018? Well here it is in all its glory -

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1021712016002740225?s=21

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 214
ska face
August 3, 2018, 8:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
That’s not fascism - you’re thinking of “capitalism”, my mate.

Farage can sit and spout his views all day but there’s no requirement that he should get paid for doing so, and that Joe Public should foot the bill.

If all those brands are happy to sponsor his views, and put their money where their mouth is then they are free to do so. If however what they actually care about is profit, then that’s a decision they have to make.

Unlucky for you that.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 214
Marinerz93
August 4, 2018, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from barralad

Where are these Muslims wanting Sharia Law in Britain?

There are various sources saying 4 in 10 or just over 40% want Sharia law to replace parts of British law. There are 80 practicing Sharia courts around the United Kingdom. While there are undoubtedly lots of different councils and tribunals dealing with Sharia principles, they are not courts of law. It's not clear how many exist, or how many different types there are.

To see Sharia in action search "What Life Is Like Under Sharia Law" and "Women and Sharia Law"

[youtube]3SPkw-1_rb0[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.