Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, dapperz fun pub and 214 Guests

Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

This thread currently has 16,255 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
August 29, 2018, 9:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,648
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Marinerz93

That larger conflict is to spread Islam

You what?

Quoted Text
Reading your link, nothing is proven, you have people saying he wasn't a Jihadist, not all jihadists are open about what they do

Right, so nothing is proven and you've people saying he wasn't a Jihadist, yet you felt confident enough to give the impression that he was just 2 posts back? Obviously you weren't expecting to be pulled on it, so just how many of these supposed thousands of incidents are as full of holes as this one? Or have I just stumbled upon the only one in the whole list that isn't exactly as black and white as made out?

Quoted Text
he was jailed in 2003 for a military offence, so are Kebabs weapons of mass destruction

Do you know what he the offence was? It could be absolutely anything. Desertion, looting, malingering, drugs or alcohol offences, pissing in the Corporal's boot...anything. Again, you don't know. Don't even have a clue.

Quoted Text
Also Islamic law of estate-distribution is different to other countries laws for inheritance so if he killed them over a row with inheritance which it looks like, then it will be because his share under French law would be half of what he is entitled to under Islamic law, (I think we can determine that this religious grounds)

Can we? Yet another huuuuuuge reach there.

Please don't have me down as some kind of apologist just because I want to see some kind of evidence rather than bigoted guesswork.  I'm not trying to change your view, you've obviously set your stall out in life and have nailed your colours to the mast as someone who'll believe anything and everything dished up as long as it has an anti-Muslim slant. Your view doesn't bother me, but it bothers me that people put such ill-informed rubbish up as unalterable fact to try and convert others to share their narrow minded view of the world.
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Mate...are you serious?? Since when has any group right or left had to rely on actual physical presence of a group to groom/radicalise people in this day and age. It's all over the Internet. I applied for a part time job in a school and the training was partly about the risks of radicalisation and how to spot the signs of it and guess what-along with the obvious risks of Moslem radicalisation a significant part dealt with the effect of groups from the right of the political spectrum. Ask yourself in a Unitary Authority where 97% of the inhabitants are white British and most local Muslims work in the NHS or other public services which radicalisation is more likely.

If it's on the internet Ian then GCHQ are all over it. Radicalisation is going to happen more in a place where there is conflict rather than none, that's what people who groom/radicalise people go for it's a breeding ground for trouble, it is far less likely to happen here with 97% of the population being white British. There is no angst to feed off.

I can accept that just because I haven't seen it, that it isn't going on, what volumes are you talking about? What evidence is there that there is a right wing problem in this Town.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Please don't have me down as some kind of apologist just because I want to see some kind of evidence rather than bigoted guesswork.  I'm not trying to change your view, you've obviously set your stall out in life and have nailed your colours to the mast as someone who'll believe anything and everything dished up as long as it has an anti-Muslim slant. Your view doesn't bother me, but it bothers me that people put such ill-informed rubbish up as unalterable fact to try and convert others to share their narrow minded view of the world.

Sort of thing a Muslim apologist would come out with, I always check what I read with other sources and spend more than 30 seconds researching what I have either read or seen. I don't like the ideology, that is true. I too get bothered when people put up ill informed crap, especially when they haven't even lived or worked in a Muslim country, that's narrow minded.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 214
Grim74
August 29, 2018, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from barralad

Your statement about millions of Muslims living under Sharia Law interested me enough to turn to my friend Google and see if indeed it was the case. Unsurprisingly it doesn't appear to be the case. Of course in some countries (particularly those in the Middle East led by Saudi Arabia) it is full Sharia law that rules the roost. However in many many others particularly in Africa and further East in Asia some aspects of Sharia law have been incorporated into legal systems often stemming from those used in the European countries which once colonised that particular country (usually France). The "favourite" parts for incorporation appear to be those that deal with civil matters such as legal questions over inheritance and family matters. Now I'm not at all in favour of the "values" that are prevalent regarding the Sharia view of women etc. but I cannot imagine such rules causing fear and anguish to the extent you seem to be suggesting. I was surprised to read that in some prominent Muslim countries-namely Turkey (where Sharia was expressly banned in 1924) Sharia has no legal basis in the interpretation of law in that country. Like the claim that the U.K. is on the verge of total subjugation to Sharia Law made regularly on Social Media (N.B. I'm not accusing you of making that claim) it smacks of near hysterical over-reaction.
I do remember when the su ject came up before on here a poster pointing out that some of the features of Sharia Law such as those demanding mutilation for the perpetrators of various crimes such as theft and rape would find a great deal of sympathy amongst the more right leaning posters....

I too have had a quick look and found that Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Brunei, Qatar, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan and Mauritania apply the sharia code predominantly or entirely while it applies in some parts of Indonesia. So I would guesstimate well over 500 million! so yes my point is valid and stands.

Yes 500+ muslims living in peace Because no one wants to break the the law, or even be accused of breaking the law for that matter, because you can expect to be beheaded in the street or even hung from cranes in these lovely Muslim countries. I say we don’t want this kind of Muslim integration  leave them in peace and do not import this barbaric culture because ours is and will always be superior.

You would be correct to point out most Muslim countries like Turkey you mentioned do have a mix of religious and secular laws which practice the less draconian forms of sharia, although In recent years the Turkish government has been going the same way as a lot of these moderate countries by imposing more Sharia. The government now monitor individual freedom and jail anyone they deemed to have insulted the peaceful religion of Islam.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 214
barralad
August 30, 2018, 9:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Marinerz93

If it's on the internet Ian then GCHQ are all over it. Radicalisation is going to happen more in a place where there is conflict rather than none, that's what people who groom/radicalise people go for it's a breeding ground for trouble, it is far less likely to happen here with 97% of the population being white British. There is no angst to feed off.

I can accept that just because I haven't seen it, that it isn't going on, what volumes are you talking about? What evidence is there that there is a right wing problem in this Town.

You have heard of the dark internet I assume. Isn't the problem for the British security services that Muslims living here are being radicalised by propaganda coming from areas where there is conflict? You'd have to ask the education authorities about the scale of the actual problem locally but as I say they are worried enough to provide tips on how to spot the signs.
As for local evidence I'd say trying to burn down a mosque would be right up there. A few months back I watched three blokes refusing to get in a taxi on Top Town rank and abusing the driver for the seemingly heinous crime of being a Somali. I know this because I wanted to get home so was  very glad to get in his car and he told me. He also said that he'd moved here from Swansea because  he'd heard the people were friendlier...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 214
barralad
August 30, 2018, 9:24am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Grim74

I too have had a quick look and found that Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Brunei, Qatar, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan and Mauritania apply the sharia code predominantly or entirely while it applies in some parts of Indonesia. So I would guesstimate well over 500 million! so yes my point is valid and stands.

Yes 500+ muslims living in peace Because no one wants to break the the law, or even be accused of breaking the law for that matter, because you can expect to be beheaded in the street or even hung from cranes in these lovely Muslim countries. I say we don’t want this kind of Muslim integration  leave them in peace and do not import this barbaric culture because ours is and will always be superior.

You would be correct to point out most Muslim countries like Turkey you mentioned do have a mix of religious and secular laws which practice the less draconian forms of sharia, although In recent years the Turkish government has been going the same way as a lot of these moderate countries by imposing more Sharia. The government now monitor individual freedom and jail anyone they deemed to have insulted the peaceful religion of Islam.

Or of course 500 million might live in peace because, you know, they might just want to get on with their lives like to millions of people who live in this country somehow manage to avoid getting on the wrong side of our laws..
The changes in Turkey by the way have far more to do with Erdogans concerns for his own regime than any religious context and as such are essentially secular.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 214
Grim74
August 30, 2018, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from barralad

Or of course 500 million might live in peace because, you know, they might just want to get on with their lives like to millions of people who live in this country somehow manage to avoid getting on the wrong side of our laws..
The changes in Turkey by the way have far more to do with Erdogans concerns for his own regime than any religious context and as such are essentially secular.

Difference is we have a legal and justice system whilst they have a 1400 year old book. keep hold of them straws😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 214
Marinerz93
August 30, 2018, 10:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

You have heard of the dark internet I assume. Isn't the problem for the British security services that Muslims living here are being radicalised by propaganda coming from areas where there is conflict? You'd have to ask the education authorities about the scale of the actual problem locally but as I say they are worried enough to provide tips on how to spot the signs.
As for local evidence I'd say trying to burn down a mosque would be right up there. A few months back I watched three blokes refusing to get in a taxi on Top Town rank and abusing the driver for the seemingly heinous crime of being a Somali. I know this because I wanted to get home so was  very glad to get in his car and he told me. He also said that he'd moved here from Swansea because  he'd heard the people were friendlier...

I am well aware of the dark net and the sort of dealings that go on in it and so are the authorities. Muslims living here are more likely to be radicalised in the mosques than dark web, a result of that was one of the Manchester bombers after hearing speaker after speaker at his local mosque calling for Jihad using the Russians and British as reasons why Syrians were being killed. He then bought tickets to the Ariana Grande concert and the death of young girls was the result as challenged by the BBC the Iman walked away from the interview.

As pointed out by someone in an earlier thread a lot of the Mosques are being funded by the Saudi's who are pushing the stone age Wahhabi ideology. Your experience of the Somali taxi driver, did they know he was a Muslim or was it because he was black, because that's racist and nothing to do with ideology.

I have a couple of experiences I'd like to share, I did a job for a chap who was also a taxi driver and he was from Afghanistan. He told me of the horrible way of life under the Taliban living in Kandahar. After I told him I'd been there his wife made me some Nan-i-Afghani bread and they both told me how welcoming Grimbarians had been.

The other one was a Turk, he was so full of hate towards the Jews and Americans because he claimed they were in cahoots to kill all Muslims and were in a constant crusade against them. Even though Turkey benefits greatly from American bases in Turkey and NATO money which as we know the bulk of that money comes from the Americans.

Private Message
Reply: 187 - 214
ska face
August 30, 2018, 1:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,648
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Marinerz93

I am well aware of the dark net and the sort of dealings that go on in it and so are the authorities. Muslims living here are more likely to be radicalised in the mosques than dark web, a result of that was one of the Manchester bombers after hearing speaker after speaker at his local mosque calling for Jihad using the Russians and British as reasons why Syrians were being killed. He then bought tickets to the Ariana Grande concert and the death of young girls was the result as challenged by the BBC the Iman walked away from the interview.

So the thing that radicalised this person was a speech by one preacher, delivered 5 days before the bombing, where nobody even knows if Salman Abedi was even present - especially as this was during a period where he’d been widely reported as being a recluse and going off the radar of the security services?

But being part of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, along with his father and brother (who is still out there, btw), taking part in armed combat during the Libyan civil war as part of a western-backed “rebel” militia group, growing up in a household with a father who’d been part UK-facilitated plots to assassinate Gaddafi...that had no part in his radicalisation? Part of an armed group likely trained by British security forces, allowed to travel to and from the area without question and then finally rescued by the British Navy in Libya and allowed to catch a flight back to Manchester with nobody blinking an eye. This had no bearing on his actions whatsoever? It was a sermon by one imam that Abedi might not have even heard.

Do us a favour.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 214
barralad
August 30, 2018, 3:22pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Grim74

Difference is we have a legal and justice system whilst they have a 1400 year old book. keep hold of them straws😂

Our justice system that has its roots in the laws of Ancient Rome and the canonical diktats of the church of the Middle Ages??

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.