Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

This thread currently has 16,233 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
August 29, 2018, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Makes me laugh when people say it’s a peaceful religion because I actually have to agree, there are millions of Muslims in various parts of the world all living under medieval sharia law and I guess that would be kind of peaceful as no one wants to even think of breaking the law.

Talking about Muslim on Muslim attacks although rarely reported it actually does happen here as the case below shows.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....-in-sectarian-attack

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 214
ska face
August 29, 2018, 8:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from Marinerz93

Complex maybe to someone...

See, even in that list of mainly unverified incidents, there's enough information to begin to doubt your hypothesis that Muslims kill purely because they are Muslim, and not as a result of any other factor. I only bothered reading the first five examples, and even then there are two which someone with any critical faculties might want a more in-depth look at - namely an attack by "insurgents" (which suggests involvement in a larger conflict) and one by a person with "psychiatric issues" where he stabbed his mother and sister. In fact, a 30 second search indicates that this being an attack motivated purely by religious fervor is quite unlikely, and that it's more likely that this was due to ongoing family issues - https://www.francetvinfo.fr/fa.....tes-ici_2908225.html

But...we all know this. Obviously you have your view, sad as it is, and it doesn't seem like any kind of rational thought or explanation will convince you otherwise. Ah well.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from ska face

See, even in that list of mainly unverified incidents, there's enough information to begin to doubt your hypothesis that Muslims kill purely because they are Muslim, and not as a result of any other factor. I only bothered reading the first five examples, and even then there are two which someone with any critical faculties might want a more in-depth look at - namely an attack by "insurgents" (which suggests involvement in a larger conflict) and one by a person with "psychiatric issues" where he stabbed his mother and sister. In fact, a 30 second search indicates that this being an attack motivated purely by religious fervor is quite unlikely, and that it's more likely that this was due to ongoing family issues - https://www.francetvinfo.fr/fa.....tes-ici_2908225.html

But...we all know this. Obviously you have your view, sad as it is, and it doesn't seem like any kind of rational thought or explanation will convince you otherwise. Ah well.

That larger conflict is to spread Islam, using faculties would make that clear.

Reading your link, nothing is proven, you have people saying he wasn't a Jihadist, not all jihadists are open about what they do, he was jailed in 2003 for a military offence, so are Kebabs weapons of mass destruction. Also Islamic law of estate-distribution is different to other countries laws for inheritance so if he killed them over a row with inheritance which it looks like, then it will be because his share under French law would be half of what he is entitled to under Islamic law, (I think we can determine that this religious grounds)
The breakdown of the distribution is as follows:

Wife: 12.5%
Son 1: 25%
Son 2: 25%
Daughter 1: 12.5%
Daughter 2: 12.5%
Daughter 3: 12.5%

Maybe you should have put more than 30 seconds into it or is that your limit.

You should be feeling sad for all the victims of the religion of peace not someone criticizing the ideology of Islam, aren't we free to critise any religion. That's the problem with apologists, never lived or worked in a Muslim country, it kind of changes your view when you see women being stoned to death for adultery on the word of a husband with no proof, or a woman being decapitated in a car park because her husband claimed she killed one of their daughters. There are hundreds of videos on the net, sad as it is.

I'll change my view of Islam when they stop murdering people daily and trying to push their bogus Ideology on the world through coercion and fear, rational thought would say this the right approach. Funny how we don't have a debate on the evils of other religions, such as Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists and the like. What other religion is doing what the Muslims are doing today in the name of religion, you may need to put more than 30 seconds into finding that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 214
headingly_mariner
August 29, 2018, 9:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
It seems a few posters have been radicalised themselves. Their is a really dangerous trend in people groomed by far right propaganda in our area. I see it more and more that people quote obscure verses of the Koran, trot out unsupported figures of crimes and share bizarre fake news websites as if it is some sort of truth that people are trying to keep quiet.

Biggest threat of terrorism in the Humberside Police area is from the far right.
The problem of far right radicalisation is very similar to problem of Islamic radicalisation. The people pumping this shite out prey on the insecurities of individuals and brainwash them into hate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It seems a few posters have been radicalised themselves. Their is a really dangerous trend in people groomed by far right propaganda in our area. I see it more and more that people quote obscure verses of the Koran, trot out unsupported figures of crimes and share bizarre fake news websites as if it is some sort of truth that people are trying to keep quiet.

Biggest threat of terrorism in the Humberside Police area is from the far right.
The problem of far right radicalisation is very similar to problem of Islamic radicalisation. The people pumping this shite out prey on the insecurities of individuals and brainwash them into hate.

The Police are all over far right groups like a rash, and rightly so. I live in work in and around Grimsby and I've never heard of any far right group, grooming people or spreading propaganda, unless you are talking about Leeds as I don't have any local knowledge of that area.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 214
Rodley Mariner
August 29, 2018, 9:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
M93 - you're free to criticise and we're all free to point out you're posting generalised, unsubstantiated balderdash. Stop being such a snowflake just because we disagree with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 9:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
M93 - you're free to criticise and we're all free to point out you're posting generalised, unsubstantiated balderdash. Stop being such a snowflake just because we disagree with you.

Sort of thing a bedwetting apologist would say, what's balderdash is Islam being a religion of peace, that's substantiated with dead bodies in over 50 countries.

Private Message
Reply: 176 - 214
barralad
August 29, 2018, 9:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grim74
Makes me laugh when people say it’s a peaceful religion because I actually have to agree, there are millions of Muslims in various parts of the world all living under medieval sharia law and I guess that would be kind of peaceful as no one wants to even think of breaking the law.

Talking about Muslim on Muslim attacks although rarely reported it actually does happen here as the case below shows.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....-in-sectarian-attack

Your statement about millions of Muslims living under Sharia Law interested me enough to turn to my friend Google and see if indeed it was the case. Unsurprisingly it doesn't appear to be the case. Of course in some countries (particularly those in the Middle East led by Saudi Arabia) it is full Sharia law that rules the roost. However in many many others particularly in Africa and further East in Asia some aspects of Sharia law have been incorporated into legal systems often stemming from those used in the European countries which once colonised that particular country (usually France). The "favourite" parts for incorporation appear to be those that deal with civil matters such as legal questions over inheritance and family matters. Now I'm not at all in favour of the "values" that are prevalent regarding the Sharia view of women etc. but I cannot imagine such rules causing fear and anguish to the extent you seem to be suggesting. I was surprised to read that in some prominent Muslim countries-namely Turkey (where Sharia was expressly banned in 1924) Sharia has no legal basis in the interpretation of law in that country. Like the claim that the U.K. is on the verge of total subjugation to Sharia Law made regularly on Social Media (N.B. I'm not accusing you of making that claim) it smacks of near hysterical over-reaction.
I do remember when the su ject came up before on here a poster pointing out that some of the features of Sharia Law such as those demanding mutilation for the perpetrators of various crimes such as theft and rape would find a great deal of sympathy amongst the more right leaning posters....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 214
barralad
August 29, 2018, 9:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

The Police are all over far right groups like a rash, and rightly so. I live in work in and around Grimsby and I've never heard of any far right group, grooming people or spreading propaganda, unless you are talking about Leeds as I don't have any local knowledge of that area.

Mate...are you serious?? Since when has any group right or left had to rely on actual physical presence of a group to groom/radicalise people in this day and age. It's all over the Internet. I applied for a part time job in a school and the training was partly about the risks of radicalisation and how to spot the signs of it and guess what-along with the obvious risks of Moslem radicalisation a significant part dealt with the effect of groups from the right of the political spectrum. Ask yourself in a Unitary Authority where 97% of the inhabitants are white British and most local Muslims work in the NHS or other public services which radicalisation is more likely. Grimsby especially is full of estates with disaffected, young people particularly men.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 214
Marinerz93
August 29, 2018, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Your statement about millions of Muslims living under Sharia Law interested me enough to turn to my friend Google and see if indeed it was the case. Unsurprisingly it doesn't appear to be the case. Of course in some countries (particularly those in the Middle East led by Saudi Arabia) it is full Sharia law that rules the roost. However in many many others particularly in Africa and further East in Asia some aspects of Sharia law have been incorporated into legal systems often stemming from those used in the European countries which once colonised that particular country (usually France). The "favourite" parts for incorporation appear to be those that deal with civil matters such as legal questions over inheritance and family matters. Now I'm not at all in favour of the "values" that are prevalent regarding the Sharia view of women etc. but I cannot imagine such rules causing fear and anguish to the extent you seem to be suggesting. I was surprised to read that in some prominent Muslim countries-namely Turkey (where Sharia was expressly banned in 1924) Sharia has no legal basis in the interpretation of law in that country. Like the claim that the U.K. is on the verge of total subjugation to Sharia Law made regularly on Social Media (N.B. I'm not accusing you of making that claim) it smacks of near hysterical over-reaction.
I do remember when the su ject came up before on here a poster pointing out that some of the features of Sharia Law such as those demanding mutilation for the perpetrators of various crimes such as theft and rape would find a great deal of sympathy amongst the more right leaning posters....

Some good points there Ian, have you looked at the religious police role in enforcing Sharia law and how they treat non Muslims?

Private Message
Reply: 179 - 214
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.