Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Quite honestly the thought of those 2 post pee shaking hands hasn't entered my head as much as you'd think.

I meant the glazed eyes of a stalker as you turn around from going to the loo.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 111
Fishy_fishtails
February 5, 2018, 10:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Marinerz93

I meant the glazed eyes of a stalker as you turn around from going to the loo.

You really need to work on your insults/jokes/comments my friend. They don't make an awful lot of sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 111
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

You really need to work on your insults/jokes/comments my friend. They don't make an awful lot of sense.

Just a bit of light hearted banter to lighten the mood, forget it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 111
arryarryarry
February 5, 2018, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Fenty deserves praise for meeting this with a statement he didn`t have to he could have kept silent and hid like plenty of others do. Not his style though and after being a victim of entrapment the day before and saying a few controversial things it took courage (some would say brass neck) to put any kind of statement out knowing full well people would dissect and use it to beat him with further. All that said for me it papers over the cracks of the real problem with JF and that is listening to others.The only thing JF needs to do and should have done weeks ago is sack RS this will buy him valuable time and quieten down the supporter unrest.The statement makes all the right noises and appears an olive branch but with us now locked in a relegation battle I have grave doubts over taking it? Please John sack Slade today and the fans will unite and get behind the Club to stay in League 2 and rebuild.Keep him and you may well still keep in League 2 but at what cost?

I have to disagree, I don't think he had any choice but to issue yet another statement after his very indiscreet comments about Asante, Slade and the Trust, in fact I would have hoped for at least some sort of apology.

However I do agree that we need to get behind the club but I still have very serious doubts about whether this squad has the quality to stay up other than relying on others to fall through the trapdoor.

I also still think that Slade has to go.

Private Message
Reply: 83 - 111
Ipswin
February 6, 2018, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
John Fenty and I have buried the hatchet after exchanging PMs last night. He was, as he said in the latest statement, willing to speak, even to me, and answer concerns. Fair dos for him for that, he did what he said.

I still think he is a very stubborn man who must be hell to work with but, as we appear to be in the eye of a force 10 storm, I am convinced we need someone in the wheelhouse to steer the ship. Hopefully he will steer it to safety (much depends on whether Slade is sacked or not - and I told him so) but I am not sure anyone else can do it.

A sell out is all well and good but, even if a suitable buyer comes forward, (which I doubt) some local involvement and some hometown contact must be maintained at the top and I am convinced Fenty can supply that. I do not suggest he retains a controlling interest but that he remains involved.

I think what he said in Saturday's covert recording went part way towards swinging my opinion in favour of, rather than against him. Not because it was done on the sly but because of what he actually said, not all prepared crap for written statements or fans forums but, in part, what he really thinks about Asante, Bignot and to a degree Slade etc. We can't moan that he feeds us bullshit on one hand (if you pardon the image) and then moan when he says what he is really thinking.

When the going gets tough and all that and Fenty is tough thats for sure, personally I hope he sticks around.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 111
Father Christmas
February 6, 2018, 10:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
What’s he threatened you with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 111
Cloudy
February 6, 2018, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Ipswin the pussycat!
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 111
supertown
February 6, 2018, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
Wow, converted after a couple of PM’s !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 111
sonik
February 6, 2018, 11:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from supertown
Wow, converted after a couple of PM’s !!

Many would be if they actually new the man and understands some of his logic. LOL!. He bleeds Black and White.

Q the red crosses!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 111
golfer
February 6, 2018, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
IPSWIN  Now the truth has come out- you are really "Get Your Facts Right" and all those 10000 venomous posts were really just a smoke screen. You really fooled us Ipswin.    P.S.   Can you keep the Season Tickets same price for next year and do what you can to get rid of your mate R.S.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.