ackomariner
February 4, 2018, 8:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Exactly. It's an improvement in communication, but we all already know what he thinks of the Trust and the fans.

I can't believe people are being sucked in by this shite.

Exactly how it is....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 111
forza ivano
February 4, 2018, 8:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Credit where credits due it's a much better statement than the usual offerings, correct English and being positive. Obviously only done because of the secret videos, but at least he's better advised about what to say and how to say it.

However words are cheap, and what he's said today are directly contradicted by the things he said yesterday. To end with another cliche, actions speak louder than words, so let's take on board the message, but let's be concentrated on what actions follow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 111
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2018, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Actions speak louder than words.

John, personally I welcome your statement and hopefully yesterday will teach you, if you didn't already know, that our love for the club will always outweigh our feelings about you several times over.

What needs to happen now is for you, your fellow Directors and the Trust to harness the passion that we have for Grimsby Town Football Club. Act now, be decisive and realise that your legacy might be defined by the next three months. Treat us right and I'm sure that you will be treated right in return - we are not 2nd class citizens, just passionate people who love our club.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 111
Mallyner
February 4, 2018, 8:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I have only spoken with John Fenty twice and on both occasions he gave me the impression that he is 100% Grimsby Town and he would like to see success as much as the most passionate supporter. Bignot could be regarded as being a bad employment but who having known about the hard work and dedication he put into Solihull Moors and the wealth of players he signed, would have not expected him to be an ideal choice for us?  
Alan Buckley, Neil Woods, Mike Newell, Slade first time,  Hurst and Scott, Watkiss how many of us queried their appointments at the time, we realised they were the best the budget could afford and we hoped like John did that they would bring success. Ok many were not keen on Slade coming back but we did have the Spurs victory and a play off final which it not for a last minute goal in another game, would have been automatic promotion. A lot of managers mooted over the years as being better for us, have done a lot worse than the ones we have employed.  If I were Fenty I would have gone years ago, there are too many people with no real idea only too keen to have a pop at him.

Having supported the Mariners through thick and thin, mainly thin since 1956, I have not been happy recently too, but I am not blaming Fenty.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 111
jungleland
February 4, 2018, 8:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
great stuff well said John. Now let's all support the team and move up the table utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 111
TheCodfather1966
February 4, 2018, 8:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
A good statement from Fenty, no problem with that, however, I can't help thinking that Rome burns while Nero fiddles............  The root problem is Slade, he needs to be removed from his post friend or not. We will not improve with Slade in charge, simple as that.  We have not slipped in a few games under him, we keep on slipping week in week out, and his interviews have got laughable.  I am all for unity, but we have to tackle the root problems.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 111
February 4, 2018, 8:48pm
Guest User
Good statement which is from the heart.

The one thing that will turn the tide is to get rid of SLADE!!
That will bring some unity and allow us to get back on track. Unfortunately RS brand of Football will never fit in at BP!!

Get rid now and let’s pack the park!!
Reply: 36 - 111
Marinerz93
February 4, 2018, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Look at that statement for what it is, the fentygate recording opened up what he really thinks about the trust, fans and himself.

The statement is well put together and sort of draws you in, but hey hang on we had a statement about the January transfer window and what we should expect to see, what we got is 'players are over priced'.

I'll believe what he says when I see it with my own two eyes. We are where we are because of Slade and Fenty no amount of glossing over will change that.

Back the team, there are clubs with half our support doing better so bums on seats don't win points, so John why don't you give your little pep talk to Slade who has gone almost twice past your trigger finger action.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 111
ginnywings
February 4, 2018, 9:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Unity only comes when you believe in those you are uniting around. I don't believe in Slade and Wilko; they've signed too man poor players and built a totally unbalanced squad to boot. I don't believe in the board, because they sanctioned it all.

For about 14 minutes yesterday, it felt good- it felt like a football match should feel. A new striker scored an early goal on his debut, the crowd were in good voice, then the protests started to remind us all that the football is just a side show now at our club, and downhill it all went again. Back to a side that didn't look like they knew what to do with a lead, slowly but surely being worked out by average opposition and fading more and more as the game went on until the inevitable equaliser arrived, followed by our front men blazing two glorious chances over the bar. Back to the frustration, anger and recriminations we went. Back to news of Trust resignations and secret recordings, back to endless should he stay, should he go discussions, and now another message from the top, the third in as many weeks. Much better written than usual, but the same old message. Stick with it boys and all will be well. I've stuck with it for 46 seasons, including the last 15 years of not much else but mediocrity and relegations. In 2002/3 we finished bottom of Division 1 as it was called, and it's been downhill ever since. Didn't even stop to wipe our feet in the division below and down we went again. Fannied around in the bottom division for a few years before the inevitable happened with a succession of useless players and managers. Hello non league, we've come to say hello before we storm back out again. Yeah right! Now, here we are again, with another deluded manager signing the same mediocre players. We never learn and i'm tired of it.

I will take the part of the message to heart that asks for us to keep behind the team until the end of the season, that's a given for me, but as for the rest, i'm about done with it all. Can't wait for this season to be over and i have no enthusiasm for the next and beyond. I'm hoping that the next three months can change the way i feel and the team start to perform, but history has taught me that it is unlikely. I want to believe, i really do, and for 14 glorious minutes yesterday, they almost had me, almost..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 111
GrimRob
February 4, 2018, 10:05pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
It's a good statement but I suspect until he gets rid of Slade the pressure is going to keep up. Somewhere within our vast squad there probably lie the players who a good manager could get the best out of, but I can see nothing but turmoil for the remainder of the season and then a vast clearout in the summer. They really need to rethink the whole approach to recruitment over the summer. We sign players too late and always seem to start slowly. Even under PH we rarely started well - as soon as he goes elsewhere he starts like an express train.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.