headingly_mariner
February 4, 2018, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from topuphere666
Does anyone believe we would have had this statement if the videos hadn’t been posted?

Exactly. It's an improvement in communication, but we all already know what he thinks of the Trust and the fans.

I can't believe people are being sucked in by this shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 111
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 8:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I think the secret recording highlights JF’s true feelings about the managerial poisition and his normal 6 game rule of thumb approach to a manager’s suitably to continue in charge.

A defeat next week will be double this and I would guess will see the trigger pulled, I cerythink if we win neither of the next two away games that Slade will still be here for the Exeter game.

No board openly states a Manager has one, two or three games to save his job but ultimately this is how things turn out. So by the end of February we will either have had a win or two or be looking for a new Manager.

I kept saying the same about woods but he was left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 111
Cloudy
February 4, 2018, 8:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I remember when Bignot (aka the fruitloop) was blowing smoke up people's arses and the fishy were loving it.

It's happening again and still many of you can't see through it.

People who talk too much usually fail to deliver. Always have always will.

My laptop isn't designed to give off smells but I for one can smel the bullshite
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 111
Grim74
February 4, 2018, 8:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Very good statement! At the end of the day John means well.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 111
dapperz fun pub
February 4, 2018, 8:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy
I remember when Bignot (aka the fruitloop) was blowing smoke up people's arses and the fishy were loving it.

It's happening again and still many of you can't see through it.

People who talk too much usually fail to deliver. Always have always will.

My laptop isn't designed to give off smells but I for one can smel the bullshite

Bignot actually won a few games tbf how I miss winning a match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 111
HertsGTFC
February 4, 2018, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I guess your damned if you do your damned if you don't.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 111
sonofmadeleymariner
February 4, 2018, 8:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
A well written statement that but its still the same load of rubbish that has come out before, he's still going to ignorne the issues and trying desperately to cover up last nights leaked conversation.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 111
topuphere666
February 4, 2018, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grim74
Very good statement! At the end of the day John means well.

Does he though? He said it himself that 6games is the benchmark for managers to turn it around. If he means well then why the hell are we still managed by Slade after 11 games without a win in which we’ve amassed 4 points and scored 4 goals.

If he means well would he have blamed the fans entirely for PH leaving us? Pretty sure the main reason was that he wanted a sports science coach and a better contract - yes, he has issues with some fans but they were a severe minority.

And let’s not even mention the new stadium. We’ve put up with excrement for 90% of the last 10 + years and it’s time something changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 111
Cambs Mariner
February 4, 2018, 8:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Taken from Mr Fentys message
It would be irresponsible and cold of me to not make myself accessible and open for such conversations.
So can I ask. What is the length of Mr Slades Contract. How much would it cost the club to get rid of him if there isn't an upturn in results over the next 2 or 3 games?
After a weekend of speaking candidly to a fan and now this statement, you seem to be open to answering questions and having a better relationship with the fans, so I look forward to your reply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 111
TAGG
February 4, 2018, 8:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Mikoo

Ah fair enough, odd he didn't mention Collins then

Hopefully this statement isn't empty words...

It is empty words.
It’s a nothing statement.
What is the point of repeating the same old nonsense over and over.
Mr Fenty is still overseeing a basket case of a club.
The worsts Manager in our history is still in charge with his backing.
Mr Fenty is (reading between the lines) still slagging the fans off.
Fookin boring now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.