February 5, 2018, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Taken from Mr Fentys message
It would be irresponsible and cold of me to not make myself accessible and open for such conversations.

The two-faced irresponsible and cold twit told me never to contact him again!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 111
Ipswin
February 5, 2018, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from supertown
He has put his name to it but I doubt he has actually written it , it’s not in his ‘style’ at all

I prefer it when he writes it himself - such a good laugh, so much funnier !

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 111
rancido
February 5, 2018, 11:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from topuphere666
Does anyone believe we would have had this statement if the videos hadn’t been posted?

And obviously you have never said anything in private that you wouldn't want revealed in public ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 111
grimsby pete
February 5, 2018, 11:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

The two-faced irresponsible and cold twit told me never to contact him again!

AND  told me never to contact him again.!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 111
1mickylyons
February 5, 2018, 12:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Will it give the club the best chance of staying up? We aren't getting hammered and the players are clearly trying. Big gamble to take, who would you get in? Nicky Law?

That`s a bit unfair hm? I had posted several arguments before the latest storm suggesting removing RS and getting in Dave Moore and Buckley til the end of the Season and I stand by that.No I don`t want them for the long haul I want a Bignot/Hurst type but I want a football man Buckley/moore to be part of the selection process.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 111
headingly_mariner
February 5, 2018, 1:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That`s a bit unfair hm? I had posted several arguments before the latest storm suggesting removing RS and getting in Dave Moore and Buckley til the end of the Season and I stand by that.No I don`t want them for the long haul I want a Bignot/Hurst type but I want a football man Buckley/moore to be part of the selection process.

Sorry it wasn't meant to be.
I just look at us and I don't think for one minute the players aren't trying and we are in the games. We aren't getting trounced every week.  You may well be right and I think it's about having the right person to come in. Whoever came in a change in manager would give a lot of the supporters a boost and they would struggle to be less popular than slade.

I think even if he does manage to keep us up I think he should be given the chop as soon as we are safe. He's too divisive a figure and the club needs to bring in someone to rally round so season ticket sales are not completely catastrophic. I am just not sure a change of manager when we cant sign players is a great idea at the minute.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 111
MarinersOnTheUp
February 5, 2018, 2:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
While it was big of him to make a statement the problem is it's just words and unless they're backed up with action, how long will it be before we're back here?

I've said before too that no matter what happens, the relationship between him and the fans is probably already damaged beyond reasonable repair.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 111
Davec
February 5, 2018, 3:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Fenty is not a man to his word, in the past 2 months I've sent him 6 messages, all were respectful and polite I was merely pointing out my concerns and all 6 has gone unanswered, I sent him a 7th this morning and no reply as yet. How irresponsible and cold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 111
horsforthmariner
February 5, 2018, 5:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Too be fair we all are quick to critical when the club makes a PR balls up so I will say that this is a professional job and what the club should be doing PR wise.

Having said that...

SLADE OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 111
Marinerz93
February 5, 2018, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Davec
Fenty is not a man to his word, in the past 2 months I've sent him 6 messages, all were respectful and polite I was merely pointing out my concerns and all 6 has gone unanswered, I sent him a 7th this morning and no reply as yet. How irresponsible and cold.

Mention the MP shares fiasco and maybe go into a bit of detail he'll soon invite you for a one to one.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.