Ipswin
February 6, 2018, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from supertown
Wow, converted after a couple of PM’s !!

Not converted at all I just think that life without him could, and probably will, be worse. Great idea to have a change at the top but there is more to it than just leaving a note to say where the key to the tea and coffee cupboard is kept on your way out.

I am still not a fan of the bloke and certainly not his management technique but I am a fan of Grimsby Town and I think that as things stand he's he best option we have, his committment cannot be disputed and I don't want him hounded out by toxic attacks thus leaving us even deeper in the excrement.

Feel free to attack Steve 'shut up' Marley, he is a deadweight and needs replacing asap hopefully by someone who is not just a retired accountant but someone who knows a bit about running a tootball club and can be a support to Fenty

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 111
TownSNAFU5
February 6, 2018, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The faults of John Fenty have been well-documented. On the plus side, it is clear that he is a big Town fan.

However, his main impact on the Club and fans has been in showing poor judgement in appointing a number of managers who are either not up to the job and/or not suited to manage GTFC. These managers then recruit a number of poor or unsuitable players.  Bad PR on the pitch.

If he had got this critical element right then all other issues would be of secondary interest.

York City have exactly the same issues that we do.  They are also trying to sell their ground and move to a new one.  Their Chairman (the sole owner and funder of the Club) has made the same bad appointments of managers over 13 years - look what happened to them!  They also have issues with shares and the Trust.  

York City Trust Meeting on 5 Jan 18:
York City Supporters Trust revealed at their AGM that club owner Jason McGill has rejected a compromise proposal over the club’s share issue.

McGill has asked for the Trust’s 25 per cent shareholding in the Minstermen if he is to continue covering the club’s losses until the proposed move to the new community stadium in the summer of 2019.

But a deal that would see the Trust retain five per cent of its shares and JM Packaging – McGill’s Malton-based business – increase their stake from 75 per cent to 95 per cent has not met with the City chairman’s approval.

As part of the proposal, the Trust would also receive a payment if McGill sold his shares within two years of relocation to Monks Cross, as well as 21.35 per cent of any equity left from the sale of Bootham Crescent once the club’s creditors are met.

It has previously been stated that, with the ground valued at £4.5million by the City of York Council, McGill would be out of pocket to the tune of £3million when the ground is sold in terms of being unable to recoup the money that he has ploughed into the club to cover losses since taking over from the Trust as City’s majority shareholder in 2006.

But the Trust have now resolved to seek an independent valuation of the land, which club auditor Steve Kilmartin, who was representing McGill at the Burton Stone Lane WMC event, claimed would not attract offers in excess of £3million from property developers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 111
MarinersOnTheUp
February 6, 2018, 11:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The faults of John Fenty have been well-documented. On the plus side, it is clear that he is a big Town fan.

However, his main impact on the Club and fans has been in showing poor judgement in appointing a number of managers who are either not up to the job and/or not suited to manage GTFC. These managers then recruit a number of poor or unsuitable players.  Bad PR on the pitch.

If he had got this critical element right then all other issues would be of secondary interest.

York City have exactly the same issues that we do.  They are also trying to sell their ground and move to a new one.  Their Chairman (the sole owner and funder of the Club) has made the same bad appointments of managers over 13 years - look what happened to them!  They also have issues with shares and the Trust.  

York City Trust Meeting on 5 Jan 18:
York City Supporters Trust revealed at their AGM that club owner Jason McGill has rejected a compromise proposal over the club’s share issue.

McGill has asked for the Trust’s 25 per cent shareholding in the Minstermen if he is to continue covering the club’s losses until the proposed move to the new community stadium in the summer of 2019.

But a deal that would see the Trust retain five per cent of its shares and JM Packaging – McGill’s Malton-based business – increase their stake from 75 per cent to 95 per cent has not met with the City chairman’s approval.

As part of the proposal, the Trust would also receive a payment if McGill sold his shares within two years of relocation to Monks Cross, as well as 21.35 per cent of any equity left from the sale of Bootham Crescent once the club’s creditors are met.

It has previously been stated that, with the ground valued at £4.5million by the City of York Council, McGill would be out of pocket to the tune of £3million when the ground is sold in terms of being unable to recoup the money that he has ploughed into the club to cover losses since taking over from the Trust as City’s majority shareholder in 2006.

But the Trust have now resolved to seek an independent valuation of the land, which club auditor Steve Kilmartin, who was representing McGill at the Burton Stone Lane WMC event, claimed would not attract offers in excess of £3million from property developers.

Given how similar that sounds to us, surely it highlights why we can't just sit back and move on from all of this as many on here see to want... we could (and probably would if we went down again)  easily end up like them if we don't protect our club. As much as I'd like to say otherwise, the statement - as well thought out as it was, it was just paper over cracks im afraid.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 111
1mickylyons
February 6, 2018, 11:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from sonik

Many would be if they actually new the man and understands some of his logic. LOL!. He bleeds Black and White.

Q the red crosses!

UTM!

Not getting one from me John has many faults he also has some qualities one of which is fronting up to a growing crisis.The statement he put out Sunday is not enough to silence the critics BUT it`s enough to gain him back a bit of respect for his tenacity if nothing else.The bloke does his best I don`t doubt that sonik but I do think he could do better and that`s the frustration I have with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 111
lew chaterleys lover
February 6, 2018, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik

Many would be if they actually new the man and understands some of his logic. LOL!. He bleeds Black and White.

Q the red crosses!

UTM!

My late father bled black and white. I bleed black and white and everyone here bleeds black and white.

That is not the point.

Where is the investment, the plan, the acumen and the desire to turn things around? I know he works hard, he lives and breathes it; he is there most days but what has it achieved? The square root of not a lot.

We all make mistakes, some of us loads of them, and they would be forgiven if we have any semblance of how to get us out of this downward spiral.

If we go down, and looking at the table and the fixtures it is quite possible, then he can write it off, as he will get zero support from anybody.

If we survive, he has a mountain to climb to get so many fans even half onside, but if he is determined to stay on, or has to if nobody will negotiate the terms of the money he is owed then he has a huge rebuilding job in how the club is run, on and off the field. Your cavalier "UTM" and we are all in it together are insulting and patronising and makes me feel you have no idea of the threats we face.

Action action and more action is what we need, and the humility to acknowledge that next to nothing has gone right; we need change and lots of it either from Mr. Fenty or somebody new. None of the clubs potential is being harnessed, on or off the field, and it is just not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 111
grimsby pete
February 6, 2018, 12:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Nice to see Fenty and my vile mate Swin have made up,

You can send me a PM John if you want because unlike my vile mate if somebody tells me not to bother them again I don't,

I want Fenty to stay for the same reasons we need him until somebody else appears with not only money but for the same love of the club that John has ,

Our immediate problem is Slade he has to go before he takes us down,

If he can turn things round this season I would want his recruitment for next season to be very carefully monitored by the board and not just " if that what you want Russ type of response"

PS  I see fishy, fantails has appeared again , welcome back mate did you stay away in protest of my ban ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 111
1mickylyons
February 6, 2018, 12:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Fenty/Slade issues at this moment in time are not nearly as important as the fans backing the team. I felt compelled to apologize to John for some of my comments last week when his decision to retain Slade had me in an apoplectic rage now I`m just seething.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 111
GrimRob
February 6, 2018, 12:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

If this is main fault then the same accusation could be levelled at almost every football club owner in the country. There is certainly no guarantee that anyone else could pick better managers. Success and Fenty are certainly not mutually exclusive as we had a great season just two years ago, and during that time we had some great players, atmospheres and memorable occasions. Plus we had one of the best managers (selected by him and the board)  at the level we were playing at in the country. If he (and the rest of the board) were to select the right man after Russell Slade then we could pick up again from 2016.

Yes, the bad PR could certainly be improved but that's not your main accusation.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 111
Cloudy
February 6, 2018, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

My late father bled black and white. I bleed black and white and everyone here bleeds black and white.

That is not the point.

Where is the investment, the plan, the acumen and the desire to turn things around? I know he works hard, he lives and breathes it; he is there most days but what has it achieved? The square root of not a lot.

We all make mistakes, some of us loads of them, and they would be forgiven if we have any semblance of how to get us out of this downward spiral.

If we go down, and looking at the table and the fixtures it is quite possible, then he can write it off, as he will get zero support from anybody.

If we survive, he has a mountain to climb to get so many fans even half onside, but if he is determined to stay on, or has to if nobody will negotiate the terms of the money he is owed then he has a huge rebuilding job in how the club is run, on and off the field. Your cavalier "UTM" and we are all in it together are insulting and patronising and makes me feel you have no idea of the threats we face.

Action action and more action is what we need, and the humility to acknowledge that next to nothing has gone right; we need change and lots of it either from Mr. Fenty or somebody new. None of the clubs potential is being harnessed, on or off the field, and it is just not good enough.

Top post imo.

Most agree that JF is a fan and hurts like hell when we are in positions similar to now.

What he has above all of us is the power to change things around yet he antagonises large numbers of fans with his 'telling it how it is' attitude. I get the impression he hasnt listened to anyone for the last 15 years because if he had then we, and he, wouldnt be in this mess.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 111
Ipswin
February 6, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Top post imo.

Most agree that JF is a fan and hurts like hell when we are in positions similar to now.

What he has above all of us is the power to change things around yet he antagonises large numbers of fans with his 'telling it how it is' attitude. I get the impression he hasnt listened to anyone for the last 15 years because if he had then we, and he, wouldnt be in this mess.

Thing is he probably sees 'listening' to the fans as the fans running the show. In fairness he's right of course, the fans want Slade sacked, should he sack him on that basis? Also of course there are lots who claim often enough that he does not 'tell it how it is' but say he is feeding us bullshit or untruths - which do we want? (I suspect he was close to telling it exactly how it is on Saturday in the covert recording especially about Bignot, Slade and Asante and about how much he wants out)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.