Fishy_fishtails
February 6, 2018, 12:31pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete
Nice to see Fenty and my vile mate Swin have made up,

You can send me a PM John if you want because unlike my vile mate if somebody tells me not to bother them again I don't,

I want Fenty to stay for the same reasons we need him until somebody else appears with not only money but for the same love of the club that John has ,

Our immediate problem is Slade he has to go before he takes us down,

If he can turn things round this season I would want his recruitment for next season to be very carefully monitored by the board and not just " if that what you want Russ type of response"

PS  I see fishy, fantails has appeared again , welcome back mate did you stay away in protest of my ban ?  

Not at all. I barely noticed you had gone never mind come back on. And I don't protest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
Cloudy
February 6, 2018, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Ipswin

Thing is he probably sees 'listening' to the fans as the fans running the show. In fairness he's right of course, the fans want Slade sacked, should he sack him on that basis? Also of course there are lots who claim often enough that he does not 'tell it how it is' but say he is feeding us bullshit or untruths - which do we want? (I suspect he was close to telling it exactly how it is on Saturday in the covert recording especially about Bignot, Slade and Asante and about how much he wants out)

Think you may have been brainwashed!

When i posted 'tell it how it is' I meant how JF sees things from his position. Nobody else influences him, he doesnt take on anything that he feels is criticism.

He is not above criticism, non of us are, but some times it is justified and admitting you got things wrong from time to time is a strength and not a weakness.

I would rather he said less and listened more but sadly i think the cast is set and the prickles are out.

I bet some of those who protested, as are some on here, absolute lunatics with no rational thoughts but one or two may have some fantastic ideas to improve things for the fans, the club and John Fenty himself. Trouble is it just doesnt get heard
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
1mickylyons
February 6, 2018, 12:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Cloudy

When i posted 'tell it how it is' I meant how JF sees things from his position. Nobody else influences him, he doesnt take on anything that he feels is criticism.

He is not above criticism, non of us are, but some times it is justified and admitting you got things wrong from time to time is a strength and not a weakness.

I would rather he said less and listened more but sadly i think the cast is set and the prickles are out.

I bet some of those who protested, as are some on here, absolute lunatics with no rational thoughts but one or two may have some fantastic ideas to improve things for the fans, the club and John Fenty himself. Trouble is it just doesnt get heard

Good post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 111
MuddyWaters
February 6, 2018, 3:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cloudy

I think JF ought to get his head around the fact that there are many of us out here who want to have a successful football club to support and, as part of that, would be happier to contribute rather than moan.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
kingster72
February 6, 2018, 9:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
JF's backing for Slade is so hypocritical.  He says we are a club who don't sack a boss for the sake of it, yet sacked Bignot without giving him anytime at all.  He had appointed an up an coming manager and he should have been given time, but then John's mate Russ needed a job so there we go!  
Bignot, was not the most popular, but he could spot a player, such as Jamey Osborne and Jones for starters.  We have gone 11 games without winning, we are playing terrible football, we are losing players through ill discipline in a way I have never seen and RS's recent record at other clubs should have been enough to avoid with a barge pole, even if he is your mate!  
Russ' quote of building a team is laughable with all the loanees, ageing signings and players out of contract, plus what have been shocking signings in general, whilst he could not see how the likes of Jones, Clements, Osborne and Max Wright could have brought us success.  Slade is clueless, Slade must go, followed by Fenty at some stage, I'm not buying it, you've ruined my club, I won't step foot in BP again (like many others) until Slade is gone and maybe not until Lord Fenty is out too! 15 years of poor decisions, your out of time JF and the longer you stick with Slade the worse it will get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
dapperz fun pub
February 7, 2018, 7:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think JF ought to get his head around the fact that there are many of us out here who want to have a successful football club to support and, as part of that, would be happier to contribute rather than moan.

How can that work when we’re not allowed to know minor things like length of managers contract etc i don’t expect to know everything but fenty tells us zilch
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2018, 7:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

How can that work when we’re not allowed to know minor things like length of managers contract etc i don’t expect to know everything but fenty tells us zilch

Exactly that - and then when bits of information creep out, then the board loses credibility.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
dapperz fun pub
February 7, 2018, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly that - and then when bits of information creep out, then the board loses credibility.

Hence why are PR is dreadful in all aspects , john said the PR is winning games how wrong he is. Lincoln have clearly sat down with someone who know their stuff and said how do we capitalise on this success and drive the whole thing forward .. while we waited to win games 🤨
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
FishOutOfWater
March 24, 2018, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Henryscat
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co......k-you--lets-kick-on/

Fair play to the guy.

Let's all get behind the team

Utm

Just looking back to last month, given the current low profile of JF, I was wondering if there's any likelihood of another statement, trying to drum up support over the next few weeks? Or is it now bunker time and we won't hear any more from him?

As we go through this transitionary period, the other Directors and I will not hideaway and cower. it is now more important than ever that we maintain an ongoing, continuous dialogue together between the Board (mere custodians of our club) and supporters. We have insisted that we will not walk away and abandon the club in a precarious position, but will continue to be approachable and available to speak with supporters about solutions and the way forward for our 140 year old club (whether those solutions are with the current regime or without). I make no apologies for this.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 108 - 111
KingstonMariner
March 25, 2018, 12:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Just looking back to last month, given the current low profile of JF, I was wondering if there's any likelihood of another statement, trying to drum up support over the next few weeks? Or is it now bunker time and we won't hear any more from him?

As we go through this transitionary period, the other Directors and I will not hideaway and cower. it is now more important than ever that we maintain an ongoing, continuous dialogue together between the Board (mere custodians of our club) and supporters. We have insisted that we will not walk away and abandon the club in a precarious position, but will continue to be approachable and available to speak with supporters about solutions and the way forward for our 140 year old club (whether those solutions are with the current regime or without). I make no apologies for this.

If they said anything like that, hardly anyone would have any confidence in it being a genuine invitation for dialogue. It's far too late for that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.