12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 4, 2018, 7:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Better than an attack and a good attempt at dealing with the protests and secret recordings.

I would say that the things he's said about the Trust and the fans in his statement are miles away from what he has said when he didn't know he was being recorded. They're out there and can't be taken back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 111
Jarmo.Is.God
February 4, 2018, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Good statement.

And I'm with him, I do believe we have a good enough team, and positives could be seen yesterday.

Malik and Jackson showed improvement to previous weeks.

Whilst I'm still in the Slade Out brigade, I won't call for his head during a match, only back the 11 players on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 111
Rick12
February 4, 2018, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good on Fenty

Least he trys to make a effort to talk to the fans on here and in person

Sorry for him that one fan let him down  

I like to think most of us arent like that

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 111
Tangerine Chris
February 4, 2018, 7:45pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Maggy Thatcher would be proud of his Tory logic.  Deflect the real problem by buttering up the fans and paying compliments, while avoiding the real problem, which is a manager who has not got a clue how to get the best from his players.  I DO believe the current bunch CAN avoid the drop, but only if managed properly..  And get rid of the bloody hoofball

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
friskneymariner
February 4, 2018, 7:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Thing is J.F. has been conned by a snake oil salesman with his fancy presentations and his visions,that is not a comfortable position to have to admit.Let us show the morale supreme and help him find away out,even to the extant it is a fund raising campaign to get rid of Slade,(needs must when the devil drives).

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
February 4, 2018, 7:50pm
Guest User
Sums the bloke up - a narcissist
Reply: 15 - 111
sam gy
February 4, 2018, 7:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from pontoonlew
All this statement does for me is offer an extremely worrying insight into Fentys mind. He genuinely believes we have a team that can kick on. He's either very naive or very stupid, we've got some okay players yes. However, we've got rid of our midfield, we played FOUR strikers yesterday because of this.

On top of that, the team is littered with journeymen and loanees.

Naive or stupid John, which one is it?

I mean, he’s hardly going to come out and say “ok guys, I copulated up, and we’re totally excrement” is he.

He needed to make a statement. He has done and he’s trying to rally everyone whilst there’s a very serious threat of relegation. It’s not going to miraculously change anything, but we need all the positivity we can get right now. Let’s get safe and then assess at the end of the season.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 111
DavidB
February 4, 2018, 7:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
That's an excellent message - honest and passionate. Good to see the commitment to work with the Trust and supporters - and the feedback from the players was telling.

On previous occasions any response was likely to be defensive or dismissive - this one reflected an openness and well-crafted phrasing that I've not seen before. The sentiment is one of a willingness to build bridges.

Of course, the proof is in actions, not words - so what transpires next is important. And whilst the issues that have caused such discontent haven't disappeared, if this results in a more united front in vocally supporting the team (whatever people might feel are its limitations), it can only help with squad motivation - and that's crucial in the fight for points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 111
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 4, 2018, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I think the secret recording highlights JF’s true feelings about the managerial poisition and his normal 6 game rule of thumb approach to a manager’s suitably to continue in charge.

A defeat next week will be double this and I would guess will see the trigger pulled, I cerythink if we win neither of the next two away games that Slade will still be here for the Exeter game.

No board openly states a Manager has one, two or three games to save his job but ultimately this is how things turn out. So by the end of February we will either have had a win or two or be looking for a new Manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
topuphere666
February 4, 2018, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Does anyone believe we would have had this statement if the videos hadn’t been posted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.