This thread currently has 17,176 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
February 1, 2018, 11:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Re Trust, please don't shoot the messenger.

I too hope they will advise whether or not they were party to that statement. If they were then there needs to be some serious soul searching. If they weren't there also needs to be some serious soul searching about why they were not involved. I feel for the Trust, I really do, but the whole guilt by association thing that will inevitably develop with a continued presence on the baord could seriously undermine them - unless the folk sharing their angst on here are not truly representative of the club's fans as a whole, and I don't believe that for one moment.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 132
TownSNAFU5
February 1, 2018, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
"......Clubs respond too quickly to the demand to change managers......."

Ask Everton and Swansea fans if they agree!

It is all about getting the right manager for the Club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 132
MarinerMart
February 1, 2018, 11:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
Should we be losing Saturday with around 10ish minutes to go a mass walk out would be a message to thise watching from director's box
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 132
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 11:54am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Latest statement from board will be General Slade will save the day with his reinforcements.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 132
forza ivano
February 1, 2018, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,209
Gold Stars: 265
how did i know that it'd be the fans who got the blame.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 132
moosey_club
February 1, 2018, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Ok....
well what did anyone expect really ?

We as a board have fcked up by backing Russell just recently but now we have had a change of heart and dont actually think Russell is capable but we cant afford to sack him, so for now he will remain in charge...

The board can only issue the statement it has in reality, how much you want to swallow it or pick it to pieces is down to each individual.

Again in the statement, the board have made it clear that they are open to offers of assistance, backing or takeover subject to subsequent due diligence being undertaken. Surely we all accept we would want that ?
This backs up what JF said at the forum ...basically he is fed up of it and wants out....fans protesting is all well and good but i honestly believe they want out anyway and would jump at a suitable offer.....not the first offer....but an offer from genuine investors, with the necessary skills and finances to secure the future of the club.

Personally i think any fervour would be better spent campaigning suitors to form a takeover party and doing pro-active works in that field than calling for people to go who already accept they want to go but wont just pass it into the hands of any chancers to do so.  

I will be there Saturday to watch my team, i wont be screaming for anyones head, i will support the players and i will groan at the players just as i do at any game of football and will be hoping for three points because my club needs them right now and a volatile atmosphere wont help achieve that.

That statement to me underlines the board want out....the quickest and easiest way to achieve that is to come up with a viable takeover plan IMO.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 132
GollyGTFC
February 1, 2018, 12:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
I think the statement was the best I’ve seen come out of Blundell Park for years. Well structured. Coherent. Good grammar. Such an improvement.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 132
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 12:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
What they really mean is that we have made a right f***ing mess of this and we need someone to come into clean up our s**t

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 132
Marinerz93
February 1, 2018, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Comedy gold coming from the club, you couldn't make it up. I wish Nero was still alive, he could learn a thing or two off Fenty and his yes men. Nero played the fiddle while Rome burned, Fenty and his yes men are partying like they are at a rave.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/okLPx4N.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 132
Stew0_0
February 1, 2018, 12:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 35
Statement of intent...... to P1ss off the town fans even more.

The simple truth is that Fenty had to give him a large 'undisclosed contract' to convince him to come back and that its gonna cost a fortune to pay him off.  Instead lets throw a few cheap loan signings in the mix and hope we crawl to a mid table finish then pray Slade gets his player recruitment better next season.

The fact still remains that he has stripped away the little talent we had left in the squad and replaced them with players like Kelly, Hooper, Cardwell and Dixon that cannot comnand a place in the 11 let alone the matchday squad.

Add to this that an PR relationship with fans and radio humberside has reached breaking point and gate attendances are edging to becoming unsustainable then the board should have thought that a change would be best to save us from potential disaster.

Appears not, they are praying for the miracle of an upturn in form and then they can say they were right not to make a 'knee jerk decision' or listen to us fans.

I really do hope we can survive this season and this wont stop me going to the games to support 'my club' but to say im unhappy is a huge understatement.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.