Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Latest board statement

This thread currently has 17,155 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
February 1, 2018, 8:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't believe for a minute that Mr Fenty has ever had anything but the club's best interests at heart. But, seriously, dragging up a managerial appointment from 8 or 9 years ago that some may have agreed with is hardly a justification. It wasn't the fans who signed his contract!! Look at more recent history. The failure to support the fans post-Stevenage, the failure to understand the fans' views on Checkatrade, the farce that was the Fans' Forum, the SLO situation. These are all this season. Last season was Bignot, the Slade appointment that one journalist was stopped from asking questions about, Paul Hurst's departure & the lack of an S&C coach - I can go on!

Let's consider the finances - how much revenue did the club lose whilst in non-league? I know player wages would have been higher but look at how we have fallen behind others in terms of infrastructure in the interim.

This is such a good post.  Bottom line is that at the beginning of his tenure, probably before, he had nothing but the club at heart.  Let’s face it, he must be a fan and, putting his mistakes to one side, one of great resilience.  He’s in some way the architect of his own failings but let’s not forget, he sold his business for £20m?  So that means he’s put in 20% of his worth!  Ask yourselves this, would you have done the same?  I know I wouldn’t, that’s my money, even though 20% of my jack excrement is still jack excrement.

I posted previously that I don’t know John, what I do know is that He’s put HIS cash where the majority wouldn’t, he deserves some credit for that so whatever the destiny of the club, he deserves some respect.

Reply: 100 - 132
Marinerz93
February 1, 2018, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner

No, I'm not saying that. The failings are numerous. But I think he tried his best. Sadly it wasn't good enough in many cases, but no one has a crystal ball and it is very easy for some people who never had to take decisions to sit back and be wise after the event.  

I see what you are saying, look at it this way and you don't need hindsight to weight up the dilemma we faced.

We owed the taxman a certain amount that had to be paid back in stages, how did Fenty's repayment for paying off Ramsden effect the playing budget, it was Fenty who hired and fired many managers paying them and crap players off then loaning the club money to cover this. We have a benign loan from Fenty is that loan itemized, if not why not. That way we can see why the loan is as high as it is and see the circumstances around it. Why did he have to loan the club money against it's assets when any businessman knows loans against the assets are bad for the books.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 132
February 1, 2018, 8:49pm
Guest User
In case your wondering about my maths, put £2m into an inflation calculator and then add in his time investment.
Reply: 102 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
February 1, 2018, 8:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from 139914

This is such a good post.  Bottom line is that at the beginning of his tenure, probably before, he had nothing but the club at heart.  Let’s face it, he must be a fan and, putting his mistakes to one side, one of great resilience.  He’s in some way the architect of his own failings but let’s not forget, he sold his business for £20m?  So that means he’s put in 20% of his worth!  Ask yourselves this, would you have done the same?  I know I wouldn’t, that’s my money, even though 20% of my jack excrement is still jack excrement.

I posted previously that I don’t know John, what I do know is that He’s put HIS cash where the majority wouldn’t, he deserves some credit for that so whatever the destiny of the club, he deserves some respect.

Deserved, past tense. He's lost every single ounce of respect with his numerous gaff and his lack of respect and contempt for the fans.  I value his mistakes at about 2 million, so he should walk away without his sodding loan.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 132
February 1, 2018, 8:55pm
Guest User
I see the Red Cross brigade are out in force.  Instead of being anonymously negative why not try constructive argument?
Reply: 104 - 132
Cambs Mariner
February 1, 2018, 8:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from 139914

To a lot of fans turning up to every home game costs them more than 20% of their available money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
February 1, 2018, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from 139914
In case your wondering about my maths, put £2m into an inflation calculator and then add in his time investment.

About 3.1 million. http://www.hl.co.uk/tools/calculators/inflation-calculator

His time has been paid for by all the perks of being hosted as a chairman and the salary he draws.

Private Message
Reply: 106 - 132
February 1, 2018, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Deserved, past tense. He's lost every single ounce of respect with his numerous gaff and his lack of respect and contempt for the fans.  I value his mistakes at about 2 million, so he should walk away without his sodding loan.

Thank you, I wasn’t disputing his performance, if you read my previous posts I think you’ll find we are in agreement.  I was merely pointing out that he started with good intent and made a commitment (I won’t call it an investment) that the majority wouldn’t make.  Imagine the scenario, GTFC go into admin tomorrow, will you put 20% of your net worth in to save the club you love?  He did.

Yes he’s exhausted all of the goodwill and ultimately compounded our plight with his mistakes, but he at least gave it a shot.
Reply: 107 - 132
February 1, 2018, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

About 3.1 million. http://www.hl.co.uk/tools/calculators/inflation-calculator

His time has been paid for by all the perks of being hosted as a chairman and the salary he draws.

Lol, smart bottom!
Reply: 108 - 132
February 1, 2018, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
To a lot of fans turning up to every home game costs them more than 20% of their available money.

Equally valid point.
Reply: 109 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.