This thread currently has 17,173 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
UTMAdinfinitum
February 1, 2018, 10:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Same here,  two season ticket holders, 40 plus years..
Never boycotted (except Chuck up trophy).
I'd thought I'd seen it all, but that's it from me and my father.
Cannot begin to respond to the board's statement, it frankly doesn't deserve one.
But if they genuinely think this is a few, fickle fans they are so so deluded.
As for building, you don't start with a wrecking ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 132
friskneymariner
February 1, 2018, 10:40am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from TAGG

Questions for the trust.
Did you sign off on the Club Statement blaming the fans for the excrement the club is in now???
Did you have any input into the Statement????

Why are the Trust reluctant to provide this basic information,you cannot use confidentiality as an excuse.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 132
forza ivano
February 1, 2018, 10:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
it seems to me that people just not turning up is the only answer, that way our fragile players won't be adversely affected by the crowd's negativity and JF will hopefully get the message via a deserted stadium that fans have had enough.

2 other possibilities (backed by publicity)

1) mass return of season tickets by those not planning to go any more
2) public pledge or petition by those season ticket holders who won't be renewing if things stay as they are

you've got to hit JF with ££££ - it's the only thing he listens to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 132
February 1, 2018, 11:03am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I just fear that this is there way of warming towards an administration situation on the back of they can no longer deal and cover the liability, I don't get them and furthermore I don't trust them

Herts have to agree, we’ll be in administration by the end of 2018. It is unlikely the Club will be able to generate much cash from season ticket sales this Summer. We are in transition of DEMISE, instead of shipping in more loan signings,  probably on decent wages it would have been cheaper to let Slade go.
Reply: 53 - 132
horsforthmariner
February 1, 2018, 11:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,631
Gold Stars: 9
I suppose we could organise a mass lets go and watch Cleethorpes Town/Grimsby Borough Saturday afternoon instead of going to Blundell Park - that might send a message to Fenty of how much cash he is missing out on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 132
Cloudy
February 1, 2018, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I suppose we could organise a mass lets go and watch Cleethorpes Town/Grimsby Borough Saturday afternoon instead of going to Blundell Park - that might send a message to Fenty of how much cash he is missing out on

Each to there own.

I tried it and it was awful, Just didnt feel anything for what was going on in front of my eyes. That is not meant to be a slight on the clubs or the local players it just wasnt my team I guess
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 132
horsforthmariner
February 1, 2018, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,631
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Cloudy

Each to there own.

I tried it and it was awful, Just didnt feel anything for what was going on in front of my eyes. That is not meant to be a slight on the clubs or the local players it just wasnt my team I guess

Yeah i get that, I'm just getting desperate. It's clear that Slade and Fenty are destroying this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 132
Quagmire
February 1, 2018, 11:17am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from TAGG

Questions for the trust.
Did you sign off on the Club Statement blaming the fans for the excrement the club is in now???
Did you have any input into the Statement????

My Trust membership expires at the end of this month, and I will (currently) not be renewing.

They have absolutely zero influence in the way the club is run and there has been nothing but silence from them during this shambles that is unfolding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 132
ginnywings
February 1, 2018, 11:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,137
Gold Stars: 548
It's all hot air and guff that i have heard many times before, only this time i won't blindly keep going thinking it will get better, because it never does. They have used up all my good will and that's another supporter of approaching 50 years that will not be buying a season ticket. The other three i attend with probably won't be either. I didn't want Slade back but yet again, gave the club the benefit of the doubt and bought a ST. Quickly realised it was a mistake and the one good game i have seen so far this season cost me £340. Not once have i booed or shouted at the players/management, despite the awful fare on offer at BP, so you can fook right off.

It just shows how little they know about the fans, that they thought bringing back Slade was a good idea. Selling Jones at the 11th hour was just putting the boot in once too often.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 132
RichMariner
February 1, 2018, 11:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
With that statement the board has effectively signed the club's death warrant.

They've put themselves in a no-win situation.

Stick with Slade and we could go down. Even if we stay up, season ticket sales next season will be hit massively.

No one is happy with these results, but more importantly no one is happy with the football. There was discontent among the fans long before this awful run began.

The reasons for sacking Bignot become more ludicrous with every passing day. He was simply not judged on the same criteria as Slade is being judged.

There's clear preferential treatment and that comes from a personal approach, not a club approach. John Fenty has once again let his personal views dictate things.

Even if Slade sorts this mess out, it's only a mess he created in the first place so he won't get elevated in the eyes of the fans. It was he and Fenty who mentioned a push for the play-offs when he was appointed, not us.

So we'll either go down and drift slowly into the abyss, or we'll stay up and attendances will plummet.

The only thing that will improve the situation is if Fenty, Slade or both go.

And the only person who has created this situation is John Fenty.

Don't blame the fans, John. Don't tell us what we should and shouldn't do. We're not responsible for this mess. You are.

You are financially out of pocket because of the mistakes you have made. All our assets - Bogle, Osborne, Jones - have gone. Attendances are falling. The stadium won't happen. You need to up your game to find this investment because right now you're doing irreversible damage to this club and this will be the thing you're remembered for.

Destroying the club I love; my dad loves; my grandad loved; my great grandad loved.

I really hope that troubles you at night. Because it should.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.