HertsGTFC
February 1, 2018, 4:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Cloudy

Dont think they would consider moving towards Administration as the primary person to lose out would be JSF

Yeah your right mate I just wanted to vent after waking up to see everyone moving forward and us stuck in the dark ages.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 132
arryarryarry
February 1, 2018, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerMart
Should we be losing Saturday with around 10ish minutes to go a mass walk out would be a message to thise watching from director's box

I think that goes without saying.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 132
February 1, 2018, 5:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think that goes without saying.

Don't we normally start losing after around 10 mins?
Reply: 92 - 132
RonMariner
February 1, 2018, 5:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,660
Gold Stars: 226
"Alternatively, we invite any interested parties who feel that they have the wherewithal to take over the financial and operational running of the Club without the existing Directors to approach the Club to discuss the process.

Such approach may be by an individual, consortium or appropriate organisation.
The existing Directors’ loans and shareholding would not be a barrier to any interested parties subject to the usual due diligence taking place."

It's pretty clear from the above that the current board want out, and that JF is not looking to recover the loans he has put in. So the door is well and truly open for new owners to come in. That is positive because the current board have not been able to take the club forward.

I have some sympathy for JF. He is a fan at heart, and he stepped in after the ITV Digital fiasco and saved the club from going under. He has bankrolled the club to the tune if millions over the years, an amount which even to a wealthy guy like him, is a huge amount of money. It's not like he is a billionaire. It amounts to a very significant personal loss to him.

It's easy, with hindsight, to be critical of decisions which have failed. Didn't most of us welcome the appointment of Newell at the time? Both as a fan and as someone with a huge financial stake in the club, Fenty has taken decisions which he hoped would make the club successful. Ok, so it has largely failed to meet expectations, but at least we are in a better position than the likes of Hereford, Stockport, Chester, Wrexham, Darlington, and other previously well established clubs that have fallen out of the league.  

As we know, many football club owners are rather dodgy characters that often come close to destroying them while lining their own pockets. You can never say that about Fenty. He will walk away from the club millions poorer and with many years of personal abuse as memories. But at least there will still be a club.

The time has come for new owners. Let's hope it happens soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 132
February 1, 2018, 6:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner
"Alternatively, we invite any interested parties who feel that they have the wherewithal to take over the financial and operational running of the Club without the existing Directors to approach the Club to discuss the process.

The existing Directors’ loans and shareholding would not be a barrier to any interested parties subject to the usual due diligence taking place."

It's pretty clear from the above that the current board want out, and that JF is not looking to recover the loans he has put in. So the door is well and truly open for new owners to come in. That is positive because the current board have not been able to take the club forward.

I have some sympathy for JF. He is a fan at heart, and he stepped in after the ITV Digital fiasco and saved the club from going under. He has bankrolled the club to the tune if millions over the years, an amount which even to a wealthy guy like him, is a huge amount of money. It's not like he is a billionaire. It amounts to a very significant personal loss to him.

It's easy, with hindsight, to be critical of decisions which have failed. Didn't most of us welcome the appointment of Newell at the time? Both as a fan and as someone with a huge financial stake in the club, Fenty has taken decisions which he hoped would make the club successful. Ok, so it has largely failed to meet expectations, but at least we are in a better position than the likes of Hereford, Stockport, Chester, Wrexham, Darlington, and other previously well established clubs that have fallen out of the league.  

As we know, many football club owners are rather dodgy characters that often come close to destroying them while lining their own pockets. You can never say that about Fenty. He will walk away from the club millions poorer and with many years of personal abuse as memories. But at least there will still be a club.

‘The existing loans would not be a barrier’, not quite the same as saying ‘all existing loans and covenants will will be removed without penalty to the new investors/owners’.  If he meant that the club will be freed of any obligation to repay then he would have said it.  Yet more desperate spin from a deeply insincere character.
Reply: 94 - 132
Marinerz93
February 1, 2018, 7:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner

So are you are saying he doesn't deserve any criticism, are you saying that his role hasn't helped his life in other areas, if we went into admin Fenty would have lost a significant amount of money why do you think he arranged the club to pay back the tax man every penny, he was protecting his interest, why did he pay himself back whilst we were playing the taxman back, how did this effect the playing budget, how did his hiring and firing policy effect the club. I bet he hated being carried up in the air at Bournemouth when we managed to stay up by the skin of our teeth. In the good times you get the glory and kudos in the bad times you get grief. You reap what you sow.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 132
EY Mariner
February 1, 2018, 7:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Maringer

Disagree with this.

Much better to be inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in.

If the Trust leaves the board, they will have absolutely no influence thereafter. Flouncing off isn't the way to go, even if they can't achieve a huge amount at present. Hopefully things will change at some point in the future and they'll be able to have a more meaningful input into the running of the club.

I think the events of recent weeks and months show us that the trust has little or no influence on the present regime anyway. For that reason, and others, I believe it, and we, would be much better served if the trust resigns its seat on the board and declares itself ready to work with all interested parties for the removal of the present regime. I have called for that in the trust's survey and I suggest others follow suit. It is crystal clear that the present regime is unable and unwilling to work with other parties on terms that are favourable to anybody other than itself. We saw how they faced dissent, disgracefully, at the fans forum and we've seen it again today with this statement.

Of course, the clamour for change is only getting louder because of poor results recently. The manager has brought the current pressure on himself through the dismantling of a team with promise and his failure to come up with anything better. I hope the new signings will help to change our fortunes and I still intend to be there on Saturday to see whether that is the case. But I am resigned to what may be coming our way over the next few months. I have no confidence in the current management of our club, whether on the field or off it, and what makes it worse is that it almost doesn't hurt anymore. Recently, I could hardly bring myself to celebrate a Town goal. I shouldn't feel like that, but that is what this regime has done. Stop making statements and start taking positive action.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 132
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2018, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RonMariner

I don't believe for a minute that Mr Fenty has ever had anything but the club's best interests at heart. But, seriously, dragging up a managerial appointment from 8 or 9 years ago that some may have agreed with is hardly a justification. It wasn't the fans who signed his contract!! Look at more recent history. The failure to support the fans post-Stevenage, the failure to understand the fans' views on Checkatrade, the farce that was the Fans' Forum, the SLO situation. These are all this season. Last season was Bignot, the Slade appointment that one journalist was stopped from asking questions about, Paul Hurst's departure & the lack of an S&C coach - I can go on!

Let's consider the finances - how much revenue did the club lose whilst in non-league? I know player wages would have been higher but look at how we have fallen behind others in terms of infrastructure in the interim.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 132
RonMariner
February 1, 2018, 8:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

So are you are saying he doesn't deserve any criticism, are you saying that his role hasn't helped his life in other areas, if we went into admin Fenty would have lost a significant amount of money why do you think he arranged the club to pay back the tax man every penny, he was protecting his interest, why did he pay himself back whilst we were playing the taxman back, how did this effect the playing budget, how did his hiring and firing policy effect the club. I bet he hated being carried up in the air at Bournemouth when we managed to stay up by the skin of our teeth. In the good times you get the glory and kudos in the bad times you get grief. You reap what you sow.

No, I'm not saying that. The failings are numerous. But I think he tried his best. Sadly it wasn't good enough in many cases, but no one has a crystal ball and it is very easy for some people who never had to take decisions to sit back and be wise after the event.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 132
RonMariner
February 1, 2018, 8:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't believe for a minute that Mr Fenty has ever had anything but the club's best interests at heart. But, seriously, dragging up a managerial appointment from 8 or 9 years ago that some may have agreed with is hardly a justification. It wasn't the fans who signed his contract!! Look at more recent history. The failure to support the fans post-Stevenage, the failure to understand the fans' views on Checkatrade, the farce that was the Fans' Forum, the SLO situation. These are all this season. Last season was Bignot, the Slade appointment that one journalist was stopped from asking questions about, Paul Hurst's departure & the lack of an S&C coach - I can go on!

Let's consider the finances - how much revenue did the club lose whilst in non-league? I know player wages would have been higher but look at how we have fallen behind others in terms of infrastructure in the interim.

Well it seems he wants to leave the club as much as you want him to, so let's hope it happens soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.