14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
February 1, 2018, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Two statements backing the management team. They better hope to the heavens that they can turn this around starting on Saturday otherwise Mr Fenty and his friends have set themselves up to be pilloried like never before.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 132
Gaffer58
February 1, 2018, 8:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
At least we know the clubs PR department works.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 132
Garth
February 1, 2018, 8:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I,m pleased to see the statement of the support of Paul Hurst, always a mariner etc etc
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 132
Sigone
February 1, 2018, 8:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Difference is Paul Hurst has proved to be a winning manager...slade???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 132
chicaneuk
February 1, 2018, 8:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Well at least it's a coherent, well written statement

Unfortunately I have to agree entirely with the comment about the negativity having a detrimental effect on the players. I've already said it before.. a lot of these players are young lads. They're going to be reading the endless hammerings on social media and forums such as this and there's just no way it can't get to them and overall grind them down. Look how defensive Slade is about it all.. at his age and experience he should be a thick-skinned seasoned professional but the pressure shows on him too. Because he's human. And for the players it must be ten times worse as many of them simply do not have the experience to handle it.

I just don't think we're helping ourselves by taking the urine out of the manager, taking the urine out of the chairman, and largely slating most of the team. I accept everyone is frustrated with the current situation and I totally agree that all the positivity and progress created from the promotion has completely been squandered.. but this is our reality and our situation and we just need to accept it and try to make the best of it.

I won't defend the manager or the chairman currently - I never wanted Slade for a manager, and I haven't seen anything yet to make me doubt my feelings there. But I just think we're never ever going to get out of this vicious circle of poor results and this awful rift between the club and the fan base if we carry on as we are.. I think the statement is right that, at this point in time, a change of manager wouldn't help matters.

And I simply don't agree that it's enough to "pay your money" and expect to turn up and see great football, as if that's all fans need to do. It needs to be more than that. We have to get behind them even if what we're seeing on the pitch is hugely disappointing as it will at least help to build confidence.

Just my 2p.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 132
Sigone
February 1, 2018, 8:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
I will always back the players 100%, but since the day he rejoined till the day he leaves I back slade 0%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 132
gary_elton
February 1, 2018, 8:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Yep... the bit about building towards a team capable of a challenge for next season...  didn't someone say there was no reason why we wouldn't be challenging for play offs this season  ?   And the dissatisfaction shown by fans is not doing the club any good...   our fault then....   we need to give ourselves a smacked bottom... how dare we show disapproval...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 132
louth_in_the_south
February 1, 2018, 8:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RoboCod

Well....
"In the fickle and volatile world of football in which we operate, Football Clubs far too quickly respond to demands to change managers with the hope of a short-term points boost."

What as apposed to long term relegation? Ffs who comes up with these statements?!!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 132
TAGG
February 1, 2018, 8:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
What an absolute load of balderdash again.

Slade & Wilko were never the answer.
Two men on there way to the bottom and you Mr Fenty employed em to take our club down with them.
Mr Fenty your ego and arrogance is off the charts, you are a bully ( as well demonstrated with you ambush on MD)
You have never made one good decision that has benefitted our club.
I was always willing to concede you as you always say you are a big fan of the club but can't even do that now because that to is a load of balderdash.
Leave the club and take the rest of the dross with you.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 132
mariner91
February 1, 2018, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
"Despite pressure and direction to do otherwise, the Board are firmly of the opinion that, with time, Russell and Paul will turn the results around on the pitch and assemble a team capable of challenging in League Two next season. "

They've had two windows, have shipped out more talented players than they have brought in and half our team is made up of loan signings. Do they actually engage their brains before making these decisions or writing the statements?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.