dapperz fun pub
February 1, 2018, 10:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from easypeersy
Last season Notts County were shite and lost ten matches on the trot.
They picked up again and look at them this season!
It is a funny old game!

Russell Slade and Kevin Nolan .... it’s not that hard to work out that one is a failed coach outdated and one is a up and coming manger just off the back of a decent prem career
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 132
February 1, 2018, 10:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Hard to say either way, £34k was paid into the pension pot, but that won't be just JF, most staff will have contributions from GTFC.

£35k is not a massive amount, 12% of my salary is paid into my pension pot.  Add together the salaries of the non playing staff and multiply by a reasonable percentage (double the employee contribution) and I guess it’s not far off.
Reply: 121 - 132
LH
February 1, 2018, 10:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Only permanent staff are entitled to/required to get a pension from the employer though aren’t they? Players wouldn’t count as they are effectively contractors.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 132
arryarryarry
February 1, 2018, 11:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LH
Only permanent staff are entitled to/required to get a pension from the employer though aren’t they? Players wouldn’t count as they are effectively contractors.

Nope, these days just about all staff have to be put into a pension scheme, even families who might employ permanent home help / child carer have to pay into a pension scheme for them.

The employee does have the right to opt out but only after they have been put into the scheme.

All due to Auto Enrolment and the minimum amount is going up to E'er 2% - E.ee 3% from this April then in 2019 E'er 3% - E'ee 5%. Currently the contributions are 1% for both E'er and E'ee.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 132
arryarryarry
February 1, 2018, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker

this is correct, Whilst JF owned Five star He loaned the club some money but when he sold five star the new owners  recalled the money back, I believe it was paid back in installments as pension contributions, as I dont work in finance I dont get why it was done this way, JF does not take a wage from the club or any other payments, The 200k in last years accounts was explained as a separate loan he made to the club when we went to wembly to cover expenses until the club got the revenue back from the EFL..

Not knowing the ins and outs of this procedure but if the pension contributions were classed as employee contributions then that individual may be able to claim an additional 20% or 40% from HMRC as a tax rebate depending on how it was paid into the scheme.

If it was classed as an employer contribution then there would be no rebate.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 132
arryarryarry
February 1, 2018, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Being a contractor and having a contract are two entirely different scenarios. As they play mainly at the same place, have to turn up when GTFC say, are provided with playing kit then I would think HMRC would deem them to be employees for tax purposes.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 132
LH
February 1, 2018, 11:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from arryarryarry

Being a contractor and having a contract are two entirely different scenarios. As they play mainly at the same place, have to turn up when GTFC say, are provided with playing kit then I would think HMRC would deem them to be employees for tax purposes.

I best go knock on the bosses door where I’ve been working as a contractor for 8 months then. Working in the same shed on their shift patterns, wearing PPE with their badge on etc must mean I’m entitled to a pension.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 132
arryarryarry
February 2, 2018, 12:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

I best go knock on the bosses door where I’ve been working as a contractor for 8 months then. Working in the same shed on their shift patterns, wearing PPE with their badge on etc must mean I’m entitled to a pension.

For HMRC working at the same site on shift patterns and in a uniform are sure fire ways to ascertain whether you are an employee or not I would have thought.

We had guys working for us, they were not even given a contract of employment nor uniforms and may only turn up for a couple of weeks at a time from month to month but we still had to auto enrol them.

Unless the company you work for have a dispensation then I would have thought you should be classed as an employee.

If you are serious about this you should give these guys a ring or have a read.

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/pensions-basics/automatic-enrolment
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 132
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 2, 2018, 12:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Russell Slade and Kevin Nolan .... it’s not that hard to work out that one is a failed coach outdated and one is a up and coming manger just off the back of a decent prem career

In hindsight yes, but if town had appointed Nolan to replace Bignot I wouldn’t have been jumping for joy given his record at Leyton Orient but as I have said some clubs suit certain managers and players, we just need to go online to find our perfect Manager,,!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 132
jonnyboy82
February 2, 2018, 7:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I think one reason and it's a big reason slade has survived this long is that it makes the club look stupid AGAIN for appointing a man they should never have appointed AGAIN.

thing is sacking slade would cost compo and that compo could have come from around an extra 800-1000 on the gate Saturday but instead the inevitable is just being delayed as I guarantee slade won't see this season.

Once we get flirting with the bottom five you better hope it's not too late John because this club can't and won't see another relegation.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest board statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.