Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 329 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,518 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Jaws
January 9, 2018, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Very good statement compared to what normally comes out from the club. Not sure what is meant by 'challenge' next season?

Does pretty much confirm Slade another transfer window at least. Having said that, I don't think there is anyone out there at the minute worth gambling on as our 4th manager in less than 2 seasons - we're only going to poach someone from the Conference realistically and no-one sticks out?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 170
marinernige
January 9, 2018, 5:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Seems to me its a statement full of panic .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 170
jonnyboy82
January 9, 2018, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
So now John fenty has decided the assault on the league he promised us this season he wants to do next season.

Just cannot see why they think things will improve as his track record in recent years is dreadful at clubs.

So if we lose on Saturday and don't pick up results then he still has a job this time next week ? Why don't the board keep there mouth shut and keep these conversations between the management as saying russells job is safe no matter what and we are giving him money will look really stupid if we carry on as we are .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 170
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2018, 5:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'll reserve my judgement until we see the quality of signings in this transfer window.

Same..........and agree with this and Forza's comment.

Lets see what this Saturday brings against a buoyant Newport who's golden goose is about to lay, then see what the window brings, my bet is that we'll be looking through it enviously at other teams signings

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 170
SheepGTFC
January 9, 2018, 5:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
Board have stuck rather than twisted which I'm for. Sacking the management won't fix the problems we have. It'd add to them.

If we brought in a new manager it means a mid season system change and vast personnel changes. Not having the right squad for the system we want to use has been what's hindered us since PH left and it took him a good few tries to get the right squad and balance on a much tighter budget.

I don't think with the system Slade uses that we'd ever get relegated. That is all I care about above all else. Playoffs would be lovely, yes. However, if we ever ended up in non-league ever again I think I'd want to off myself. So for me staying in the league is the biggest priority. I have no doubt Slade can achieve that.

Given time we know Slade can build a competitive squad at this level. He's done it before he can do it again. Just need to give him a chance to get the squad he needs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 170
Marinerz93
January 9, 2018, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'll back the club when they deserve it and give me something to shout and get excited about, otherwise I ain't falling for another rallying call. At least 3 marquee signings in this window Fenty or I don't believe you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 170
marinernige
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from jonnyboy82
So now John fenty has decided the assault on the league he promised us this season he wants to do next season.

Just cannot see why they think things will improve as his track record in recent years is dreadful at clubs.

So if we lose on Saturday and don't pick up results then he still has a job this time next week ? Why don't the board keep there mouth shut and keep these conversations between the management as saying russells job is safe no matter what and we are giving him money will look really stupid if we carry on as we are .

So on the 9th of January , just past half way through the season we've given up on this one , even earlier than Bignot did last season,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 170
Garth

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Oh dear manager gets 100% backing from the board, can only end one way as history confirms
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 170
lee65
January 9, 2018, 5:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I understand all the feelings of anger, disappointment and total frustration currently but trying to be objective I think sticking to what we have in terms of Management, at least until the end of the season, might just be the best option.

Whatever else we try has no guarantee of being better, and could just cause more flux and destabilisation
Perhaps I’m just too scared we might have another Bignot situation?, and maybe that’s clouding my judgement?

I’ll also admit that I was pleased to see the back of Paul Hurst at the time (as many were) so I do understand how difficult it is for JF to make the right call (I say JF because it’s obvious that the others on the board just follow his lead)

I guess we’ll just have to see what the next few weeks bring, but as a few have said we need 50 points ASAP, because there’s usually one team in any division who drop like a stone and get sucked in to the relegation scrap from apparent safety and I’m not sure I can face that being us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 170
jonnyboy82
January 9, 2018, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
His record in the transfer market is not good.

Can anyone genuinely name a player apart from dembele who he has bought in who seems good enough ? Genuinely.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.