Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 103 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,554 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
January 9, 2018, 9:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Good statement . Find it a lot harder to believe. First call should be to Debbie McGee for one of her dead husbands magic wands because I haven’t seen much evidence that slade or Wilkinson can find the type players that are being talked about .
I’d love to be proved wrong , fookin love to be proved wrong and I sincerely hope this is the corner .
No pressure on sladey now then till the 31st then .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 170
Elgringo87
January 9, 2018, 9:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Good point Lukeo I was trying to make a point of ,,doesn't matter what profession your in ( we all try our hardest , or you'd like to think so ) plumber joiner accountant football manager , whatever ,,, if you are constantly failing how can you still expect to be employed and be granted more funds to dispose off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 170
promotion plaice
January 9, 2018, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

When was the last time we had a POLL  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 170
January 9, 2018, 9:55pm
Guest User
What a load of convoluted crap, let me convert into English.  Fenty (totally lacking the imagination) appoints a has been who’s never won a thing in his football career.  No consultation at the time of appointment, just another monumental error in a tenure littered with them.  Fans vote with their feet yet Captain Chaos still doesn’t get it, puts out a statement of support and backing which probably amounts to the same value as the deposit on a couple of Hewitts lemonade bottles.

Not enough to entice fans back Fenty, just another facade to cover your latest intercourse up.  Your a joke, a complete clueless joke.  You couldn’t run a tap never mind a football club.  Not one penny of my money is being spent until you are nothing but a painful memory.  Disgraceful!!
Reply: 103 - 170
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Is this a vote of confidence because we know what usually follows backing from the board

In this case, literally a vote.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 170
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well for once it's a bit better written than previous statements. Probably would have been better if kept a bit briefer - e.g. no reference to it not being 'the complete disaster promoted by some' and references to clubs not doing so well.

In the latter case, that sort of statement is liable to come back and bite you on the bottom, like if we get relegated and FGR and Barnet stay up. As well as ignoring successes like Bristol Rovers.

In the former case (1) as Marinerz93 pointed out, if you're appealing for unity you don't pick at scabs (no offence intended to folk who go to the FL Trophy games   ); (2) Town fans don't 'promote' disasters. They might pessimistically exaggerate the extent of failures, but we don't 'promote' them.

I suspect the statement was tinkered with by someone 'who knows what's what' at the last minute to drop those points in.

Now I'll wait for Ascend to explain why people who run businesses know why the statement was an exemplar of its kind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 170
arryarryarry
January 9, 2018, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Grimsby Town Football Club’s Board of Directors met yesterday – as scheduled – to discuss a number of footballing and operational matters. The board wish to place on record how disappointed they are with recent performances and the nature of those performances. The supporters are the lifeblood of our club and have every right to express concern following such performances. Quite frankly – we all expect better.

This reads as a slap on the wrist for Slade and Wilkinson to me.

The Board met yesterday and voted unequivocally to support the existing management team financially in the current January transfer window and throughout the summer to continue their rebuilding exercise of the playing squad.

This sounds a bit like the dreaded vote of confidence.

Russell and Paul have also set out a clear vision to the Board to continue rebuilding the squad towards a tighter-knit, leaner but higher calibre playing squad, reducing it in size whilst increasing the quality over the next six months.

This sounds balderdash considering the crap players he has signed on two year contracts who will unlikely play a major part going forward and be a big drain on resources.

Russell Slade and Paul Wilkinson are vastly experienced. They continue to increase and improve the professionalism of the football club and implement their football ethos throughout the club. This ethos has seen them employed by several high-profile football clubs throughout their careers. They are meticulous in their preparations and are well respected in the game

Slade has also been sacked by several high-profile football clubs for being crap.

While some of this rebuilding took place in the summer it is not always something that can be completed overnight. When you lose big characters like we have over the past eighteen months and have lots of new faces, it takes time for things to gel together and have that desired effect.

For felicitations sake, the time to gel excuse, in frigging January.

The Club needs stability right now and the Board are asking the fans to be even more patient and get behind the manager, club and players as we continue this rebuilding process back in the league.

Better not lose on Saturday then otherwise more excrement will hit the fan.

Russell, Paul and the team are continuing to work tirelessly to bring back the goals, confidence and success to the club. However this will only be possible with the support and backing of our fans

No it will only be possible by signing one or two decent goal scorers.

we owe it to the club we all love by putting our differences aside to unite together.  

I wonder if this applies to Radio Humberside as well.

I'm not that enamoured with this statement as some are as unless our fortunes change on the pitch in the next few weeks it will mean diddly squat.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 170
cod_head_doug
January 9, 2018, 10:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
And the farce continues..................
Why can’t the board see what the fans see?
Russell Slade has destroyed what was a promising team and replaced these players with mainly dross.
I incorrectly thought that Paul Wilkinson would transform our attacking players into a force to be reckoned with.
We have no coherent plan when we take to the field, except route one, and nothing on the bench to change it.
We only seem to have four players who have not yet given up, and all the forward line are shot shy and lacking in confidence.
My conclusion is that the board must sack Slade NOW. We are a rudderless ship heading for the rocks.
We must find a manager who has modern tactics, likes to play football on the ground, is ambitious and brave.
All this will cost a lot of money and I am not sure our board of directors will be able to finance it.
I genuinely fear for our footballing future, I don’t see any future with this current set up.
Do we really think that by the transfer deadline we will have sufficient quality arrive to save us?

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 170
sydney
January 9, 2018, 10:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
What Make are the boilers? 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 170
promotion plaice
January 9, 2018, 10:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

Cod Almighty's slant on things.....         http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6575

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.