Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 198 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,490 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
sydney
January 11, 2018, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Cowleys..
Yes Please..
They would have come at that time I reckon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 170
Cayman_mariner
January 11, 2018, 11:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Quoted from fatharry
Sorry if my comments upset you Herts GTFC,with respect I dont think marcus was given a chance to prove himself which I believe was a mistake by Fenty. Although at the time  in the national north  I saw us storm that league and have no doubt he should be successful at a higher level.  I dont believe you can tell  how good the players would have been unless he had a chance to manage them,but its all water under the bridge now and we'll see how he gets on at chester where he has Harry White our ex centre forward starting to bang them in.I don't want him to do well as we need to get above chester. Osbourne has been instrumental to our improvement in form he's playing really well and we're very happy to have him back.Who knows how long he will stop with us for as you know he has talent beyond this league and personally I would have liked him to succeed at grimsby and get as far as he could but he looks happy and is enjoying his football.Mark Yates and Tim Flowers have transformed us in the short time they have been here,and look a good management team and have given us an outside chance of avoiding the drop.Wishing you all the best fatharry.

Best of luck in staying up Harry.

If you see him, ask Tim Flowers if he remembers playing for Wolves at Grimsby, under Tommy Docherty.  

One of the Wolves players scored a beaut of an o.g. past Tim - lobbed him from outside the box. Probably not a day he would remember fondly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 170
arryarryarry
January 11, 2018, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cayman_mariner

Best of luck in staying up Harry.

If you see him, ask Tim Flowers if he remembers playing for Wolves at Grimsby, under Tommy Docherty.  

One of the Wolves players scored a beaut of an o.g. past Tim - lobbed him from outside the box. Probably not a day he would remember fondly!

I've got that goal somewhere on video, I think it was more a shot than a lob and may have been nearer the half way line although my memory isn't what it was.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 170
Marinerz93
January 11, 2018, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from fatharry
Sorry if my comments upset you Herts GTFC,with respect I dont think marcus was given a chance to prove himself which I believe was a mistake by Fenty. Although at the time  in the national north  I saw us storm that league and have no doubt he should be successful at a higher level.  I dont believe you can tell  how good the players would have been unless he had a chance to manage them,but its all water under the bridge now and we'll see how he gets on at chester where he has Harry White our ex centre forward starting to bang them in.I don't want him to do well as we need to get above chester. Osbourne has been instrumental to our improvement in form he's playing really well and we're very happy to have him back.Who knows how long he will stop with us for as you know he has talent beyond this league and personally I would have liked him to succeed at grimsby and get as far as he could but he looks happy and is enjoying his football.Mark Yates and Tim Flowers have transformed us in the short time they have been here,and look a good management team and have given us an outside chance of avoiding the drop.Wishing you all the best fatharry.

Thanks for your best wishes fatharry, wish you all the best.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 170
Cayman_mariner
January 11, 2018, 11:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Quoted from arryarryarry

I've got that goal somewhere on video, I think it was more a shot than a lob and may have been nearer the half way line although my memory isn't what it was.

Yeah, mine neither Arry.  I think it was a featured game on MOTD or Goals on Sunday or something, a 5-1 win against Wolves.
I remember Tony Ford got one of the goals.  

I'd taped it on VHS and was fuming a few weeks later when I put it in to watch only to find my Mum had taped over it with 'Sons and Daughters'!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 170
Tommy
January 11, 2018, 11:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mariner_09
We missed a trick by not “pushing the boat out” to use JF’s words and buying the Cowleys out of their then 2- year deal at Lincoln in October 2016.

Sorry but this just wouldn't have happened. They were 3 months into a new job and were already showing signs that they'd have a successful season. In the miraculous scenario that Lincoln would have ever agreed to let us speak to them, I doubt they'd have jumped ship.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 170
Mrs Doyle
January 12, 2018, 4:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To add to the Cowley bit does GTFC have any pulling power any more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 170
Bigdog
January 12, 2018, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
To add to the Cowley bit does GTFC have any pulling power any more?

Not as much as Sutton and Solihull apparently..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 170
headingly_mariner
January 12, 2018, 8:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Tommy

Sorry but this just wouldn't have happened. They were 3 months into a new job and were already showing signs that they'd have a successful season. In the miraculous scenario that Lincoln would have ever agreed to let us speak to them, I doubt they'd have jumped ship.

There was a very strong rumour at the time that we could've had them for 30k. They weren't the hot property they are now though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 170
SheepGTFC
January 12, 2018, 9:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Bigdog

Not as much as Sutton and Solihull apparently..

Sutton is in a quite nice area around London.

Solihull is a nice place and right near to Brum. Brum itself is starting to become a quite nice city also.

So yeah, we have no way near the pulling power in terms of the general living area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 170
18 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.