Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 223 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,493 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
sydney
January 9, 2018, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Always try and support the Club
V disappointed with this statement
Have we lost Osborne and Tombola for good then?
That’s how I read it
Sam Jones and more recently Mills looking a shadow of their former selves
No Good strikers
I expected this tack from the club but what it won’t change is the poor and seemingly disinterested bunch that we have seen the last few weeks
Worried
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 170
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 7:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I literally don't get how people are kind of stating that the statement is a good start towards things...its salesman talk, telling you what you want to hear so you buy into it. By all means we now know this bloke inside out, he's a good talking business man but clueless when it comes to football. Don't believe the dross and stay away, hit these twits in the pocket like they have us over many of years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 170
forza ivano
January 9, 2018, 7:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Call me a cynic but Would be interested to know where the 'investment' mentioned is coming from. Jf increasing his benign loans or from the sales of dembele and Jones? Not totally unknown for a rallying call to be given before the announcement of bad news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 170
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2018, 7:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sydney
Always try and support the Club
V disappointed with this statement
Have we lost Osborne and Tombola for good then?
That’s how I read it
Sam Jones and more recently Mills looking a shadow of their former selves
No Good strikers
I expected this tack from the club but what it won’t change is the poor and seemingly disinterested bunch that we have seen the last few weeks
Worried
Come on Town!!

Mills was my MoM on Saturday, admittedly there wasn't much competition
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 170
ginnywings
January 9, 2018, 8:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I've read it three times now and i really want to believe. Trouble is at the moment i don't think any of the fans have any belief in the manager, his assistant or the players. You can only live in hope for so long before it wears you down. We need to believe and that will only come with better players, better performances and better results. Some decent football wouldn't go amiss either, but for now we need to get back on track and stop the rot.

I said a few days ago that i didn't think the manager was going to be removed, so i would keep my powder dry and see what January brings, and that is what i'm doing. Two players out and one inexperienced player in so far, so they need to up their game somewhat.

I'll leave it for now with this:

Words..........Action. Please don't let it be the former once again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 170
ginnywings
January 9, 2018, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano
Call me a cynic but Would be interested to know where the 'investment' mentioned is coming from. Jf increasing his benign loans or from the sales of dembele and Jones? Not totally unknown for a rallying call to be given before the announcement of bad news

Well i hope they are realising that you have to spend money to make money. Investing in 2 or 3 really good players could pay for itself by the end of the season, if they can get the gates back up again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 170
Harry Haddock
January 9, 2018, 8:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters
You can just imagine Jacob Marley counting the pennies at the gate on Saturday!

SHUT UP ! I'm trying to count !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 170
Cod Cheeks
January 9, 2018, 8:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Is this a vote of confidence because we know what usually follows backing from the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 170
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2018, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Is this a vote of confidence because we know what usually follows backing from the board

This is the board saying that we would lose too much face by sacking him so we're going to let him have some more cash because it would be cheaper than paying off two contracts. In the middle of that, they've employed a PR consultant to write a couple of decent press releases.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 170
Cambs Mariner
January 9, 2018, 8:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
So the next 3 games are Newport at home, Colchester away and Luton at home, All teams above us. What happens if after signing 3 or 4 players we don't win any of the games plus our terrible goal scoring continues. Do we then get rid of the management team or do we just keep hoping whilst the crowds keep dwindling?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.