Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 408 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,494 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
January 10, 2018, 9:32am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Instead of all these negative vibes and personal insults to the manager and players alike, why dont you just shout "FOCUS"?  The players and manager will see this as support, but it really means "Feck Off Cuz U're Shite"

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 170
Stranger in the Park
January 10, 2018, 10:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
So the "Hurst out" brigade have turned into the "Slade out" brigade. Strangely a lot of these fickle "fans" thought that the clown Bignot should have lasted longer. This sort of "support" is a cancer to the club - and it's spreading as more jump on the bandwagon without giving serious thought to recent history.The long view, as stated in this board release is quite factual and not just the usual PR blurb meant to placate the outspoken dissident fans.If anything stops me from watching Town it will be because I'm sick of listening to the vitriolic diatribe by so called supporters. The experiment of making a team up of lower league players certainly hasn't worked but saddled us with a few contracted none usables and shows the short comings of previous managers and probably tight purse strings. Russell Slade was well aware of this I'm sure and had little choice but to use a few old hands in the current transition and until the deadwood is cleared out don't expect miracles .It took Hurst 5 years to scrape out the Conference and Fourth division football has never ever been attractive so the obvious answer is as the statement says and EVERYBODY to unite and have some realistic belief.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 170
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
So the "Hurst out" brigade have turned into the "Slade out" brigade. Strangely a lot of these fickle "fans" thought that the clown Bignot should have lasted longer. This sort of "support" is a cancer to the club - and it's spreading as more jump on the bandwagon without giving serious thought to recent history.The long view, as stated in this board release is quite factual and not just the usual PR blurb meant to placate the outspoken dissident fans.If anything stops me from watching Town it will be because I'm sick of listening to the vitriolic diatribe by so called supporters. The experiment of making a team up of lower league players certainly hasn't worked but saddled us with a few contracted none usables and shows the short comings of previous managers and probably tight purse strings. Russell Slade was well aware of this I'm sure and had little choice but to use a few old hands in the current transition and until the deadwood is cleared out don't expect miracles .It took Hurst 5 years to scrape out the Conference and Fourth division football has never ever been attractive so the obvious answer is as the statement says and EVERYBODY to unite and have some realistic belief.      

A few old hands? Crikey mate. Listen its not the supporters fault so don't start slinging the blame our way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 170
forza ivano
January 10, 2018, 10:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
'We have decided to inject money to help the manager improve the playing squad - whether that is through new additions or reducing in size - to ensure our budget is competitive within our league.'

interesting part of the statement not previously mentioned. the clear inference from this is that the budget wasn't competitive within the league before this new injection
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 170
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

What people like you always forget to mention is the unwavering support the club got the season we went down. Hurst played percentage football and it never gave the fans real belief that we would go up which led to frustration. Bignot was a loose cannon and I don't see how anyone can back Sladeballs style and player acquisition. How many times have we had rally calls only for someone at the club to smash it to pieces. Why did it take Hurst 6 seasons to get us out of non league, and why did he say when he got to Shrewsbury that he was looking forward to working with honest people, the little Napoleon has form for knocking people, remember the comments at Wembley about fans who probably didn't deserve to be there. What you don't get is that the belief isn't there anymore because we have been let down too many times, the club has to back up it's press release, but I won't hold my breath.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 170
Grantham_Mariner
January 10, 2018, 10:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
First corner we win on Saturday - Please Mr Slade can we leave someone on the half way line.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 170
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Marinerz93

What people like you always forget to mention is the unwavering support the club got the season we went down. Hurst played percentage football and it never gave the fans real belief that we would go up which led to frustration. Bignot was a loose cannon and I don't see how anyone can back Sladeballs style and player acquisition. How many times have we had rally calls only for someone at the club to smash it to pieces. Why did it take Hurst 6 seasons to get us out of non league, and why did he say when he got to Shrewsbury that he was looking forward to working with honest people, the little Napoleon has form for knocking people, remember the comments at Wembley about fans who probably didn't deserve to be there. What you don't get is that the belief isn't there anymore because we have been let down too many times, the club has to back up it's press release, but I won't hold my breath.

In a nutshell!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 170
Stranger in the Park
January 10, 2018, 10:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
"What people like you always forget to mention is the unwavering support the club got the season we went down. Hurst played percentage football and it never gave the fans real belief that we would go up which led to frustration. Bignot was a loose cannon and I don't see how anyone can back Sladeballs style and player acquisition. How many times have we had rally calls only for someone at the club to smash it to pieces. Why did it take Hurst 6 seasons to get us out of non league, and why did he say when he got to Shrewsbury that he was looking forward to working with honest people, the little Napoleon has form for knocking people, remember the comments at Wembley about fans who probably didn't deserve to be there. What you don't get is that the belief isn't there anymore because we have been let down too many times, the club has to back up it's press release, but I won't hold my breath."

Constantly berating your own club in an internet forum will not attract better investors,managers or players and we will soon be another  poisoned chalice that nobody but the desperate will take on .We do not have a divine right to be successful-especially given the obvious budget constraints.Whilst the supporters and and club are so divided (no matter who's fault or history) it will never be successful, Hull being a classic example currently.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 170
RoboCod
January 10, 2018, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Hull are unsuccesful?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 170
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 11:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
"What people like you always forget to mention is the unwavering support the club got the season we went down. Hurst played percentage football and it never gave the fans real belief that we would go up which led to frustration. Bignot was a loose cannon and I don't see how anyone can back Sladeballs style and player acquisition. How many times have we had rally calls only for someone at the club to smash it to pieces. Why did it take Hurst 6 seasons to get us out of non league, and why did he say when he got to Shrewsbury that he was looking forward to working with honest people, the little Napoleon has form for knocking people, remember the comments at Wembley about fans who probably didn't deserve to be there. What you don't get is that the belief isn't there anymore because we have been let down too many times, the club has to back up it's press release, but I won't hold my breath."

Constantly berating your own club in an internet forum will not attract better investors,managers or players and we will soon be another  poisoned chalice that nobody but the desperate will take on .We do not have a divine right to be successful-especially given the obvious budget constraints.Whilst the supporters and and club are so divided (no matter who's fault or history) it will never be successful, Hull being a classic example currently.  

We have had investors and they have left, not because of being berated and mocked on forums but because of someone at the club, who it seems can't relinquish any power, the club has become a poisoned chalice because of someone at the club and how it is managed. The club have released a statement of intent we'll soon see how that pans out and majority of fans will go from there. Where is our budget compared to most in this league because we struggled to compete with Dover in non league regarding budget.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 170
18 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.