Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 288 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,492 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 9, 2018, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,374
Gold Stars: 532
For once a decent statement from
The board. But whether they back it up i do no know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 170
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2018, 6:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
To be fair quite a lot of that is a better statement and a definite change in direction. It's a statement of intent and the proof will be if they make the signings to back it up. Who is paying for these? Will it be loans?

The bit about other clubs is unecessary and disregards the failures the board made last season. There is also no acknowledgement of the unrest about the running of the club and the behaviour of the directors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 170
IlkleyMariner
January 9, 2018, 6:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Well think that the strategy the club have stated is fine. That's a step in the right direction
However the proof of the pudding is in the delivery and that's where the fans are unconvinced.
Russ you have some  fans best wishes to get the players but there is widespread disbelief that you will achieve that.
I would be delighted for you to succeed and if you get the right players the playing style will improve.

Next 22 days could be interesting....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 170
realist
January 9, 2018, 6:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
The  problem is that the board won't recognise that they are the problem. This has done nothing to get  me spending money with the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 170
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 6:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Love how he's blamed the inheritance of hurst and bignots signings, I think somehow the majority of that squads slades riff raff. That board wants shooting for voting to back him. Anyone who believes this backing lark wants to give there head a wobble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 170
StaffsMariner
January 9, 2018, 6:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
I guess we'll know by the end of the month. We've just got small fees for 2 players so who's available that we'd all be happy signing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 170
moosey_club
January 9, 2018, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Well......while some may not like the content i think we can acknowledge it is at least a vast improvement on recent press releases and statements that have come from the club in wording and presentation. Well done.

Shame though that it appears the author(s) are shifting focus to next seasons challenge and the summer......or waving the white flag on this seasons previously stated targets and ambition.  If they feel that achieving the stated ambition is no longer a possibility then why "unequivocally" support the man who they must judge as failing to deliver his brief...and then give him the rubber stamp to rebuild in the summer !!

Otherwise i think the statement echoes (or cuts and pastes) many views on here that we have too large a squad of too poor quality and a clear out is needed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 170
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2018, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Realistically, the board have said as much anyone can expect them to. They're all fans of the club and will probably be as pi$$ed off with the last month on the pitch as we are, as well as copping the flak from all & sundry. What they've got to do now is back it up - time will tell.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 170
buckstown
January 9, 2018, 6:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
Well whatever you think or believe, they've nailed their colours to the mast. All they have to do now is go out and attract the right calibre players to GTFC and they have three weeks to do it.
Then RS has to get them playing and a) secure enough points to ensure we stay up and b) attract some people back to BP
Seems to me the first deadline is 3 weeks away so we wait with bated breath. If it doesn't happen it will be a bigger PR disaster than doing nothing!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 170
MarinersOnTheUp
January 9, 2018, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Sorry but I don’t buy any of it. Just more noncense from the club.

This club is and always will be totally rotten until Fenty and his friends leave. How many times have we been here only to go backwards again.

What’s happened is the board have gone ‘oh excrement, nobody likes us and we’ve seriously messed up, what can we say to soften the blow and inflate our own oversized egos even further?’.

It’s all just words. If anybody actually believes this latest load of rubbish then I’m sorry, you’re just niave and need to get your head out of the clouds. The board are going to end up killing our club completely at this rate. They still fail to realsie the root of all of this Club’s problems is themselves Fenty, Marly and Day just go, we want our club back. Slade has to go but I also don’t trust Fenty to hire anybody better. Knowing him we’d probably hire Steve Davis who has just been sacked by Leyton Orient after they went over 3 months without winning, barely even gaining a point during that time.

As for ‘we’ve injected more money’, they said at the start of the season we had a top 7 budget anyway. Not that it matters, we could have £20 million to spend and with the clowns running the place from boardroom downwards, we’d still go backwards. I do not trust slade to sign anyone better than what we have. He took us backwards in the summer and will do again.

If the board really cared about the club they’d walk, now. They’re going to end up killing the club completely.

Even if by some miracle they were to start running the club properly - which I highly doubt the current load of dictators ever will - it’s too late, there’s no trust between the fans and the club and that will never be totally repaired.

The last few months have been one disaster after another and I can only see that continuing. This latest statement is just a pathetic attempt to paper over the giant craters, as was that unity day nonsense.

We all know what the boards true colours are, they showed that at the fans forum and through all the PR disasters. It’s totally irrelevant what they do now, they have to go.

I’m actually pretty certain Fenty must’ve taken himself and the board along to the Francesco Becchetti school of destroying a football club. That’s how it comes across anyway.

Enough is enough.

We need to do whatever we can to get our club back before we sink into oblivion because if we went back down into the National League, I highly doubt we’d ever get back - just look at York, that could easily be us. If boycotting or protesting is the answer then so be it. The slight loss of revenue the club/ Fenty will incur in the short run is nothing compared to the disaster of losing our club, which will happen if the current clowns stay much longer.

Everything about Grimsby Town FC screams of a dying club. Until Fenty is gone the club always be a rotten, Jurassic age club which is just as backwards as the rest of the town - this isn’t sustainable at all and it really is a case of what will happen first, Fenty leaving or the club becoming extinct, just like all the animals from the Jurassic age we’re stuck in.

FENTY OUT.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.