Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 232 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,327 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2018, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
RS- Listen John, if you fire us now, it'll cost you more in compo than we'll spend in the window and you'll look a bigger tw@t than you do already so cut us some slack and we'll get a few out the door. Osborne wants out, so does Tom then we've only got 10 to go.

JF- You're on Russ but will you just do the press release on the way out
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 170
Jaws
January 9, 2018, 5:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Marinerz93
I'll back the club when they deserve it and give me something to shout and get excited about, otherwise I ain't falling for another rallying call. At least 3 marquee signings in this window Fenty or I don't believe you.

Seems fair.

Alexis Sanchez, Thomas Lemar and Jonny Evans or it's two fingers to Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 170
Marinerz93
January 9, 2018, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Jaws

Seems fair.

Obliviously players proven at league 2 or League 1.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 170
tarka
January 9, 2018, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of keeping RS the fans (me included) have complained about poor communication from the Board. The two statements issued today demonstrate they have at least listened to that. What they do not say is that they will be continuing to monitor the situation closely and take action if needs be - but however honest you want them to be they are not going to say that, are they? Whatever their concerns about the playing situation they will back the manager until (and if) they reach the point of having to sack him...in public at least.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 170
Marinerz93
January 9, 2018, 5:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from tarka
Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of keeping RS the fans (me included) have complained about poor communication from the Board. The two statements issued today demonstrate they have at least listened to that. What they do not say is that they will be continuing to monitor the situation closely and take action if needs be - but however honest you want them to be they are not going to say that, are they? Whatever their concerns about the playing situation they will back the manager until (and if) they reach the point of having to sack him...in public at least.

They have weakened what would have been a good press statement by attacking fans again. They want unity but still snipe at fans who don't agree with them, no unity there.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 170
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 9, 2018, 5:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
I found the fact that the Board voted to be of interest and this imples that the future of the management team was actually a matter of discussion/ debate.

If they were not considering sacking the pair why would they need to vote?

May be reading too much in this but maybe RS not as secure as rest of the statement suggests.

Least we have some big signings to come so by the time I can attend again, v Luton, we will be playing like Barcelona!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 170
hheh2
January 9, 2018, 5:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
NOONE IS GOING TO MENTION JAMEY OSBORNE HAS LEFT US FOR SOLIHULL? FUK

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 170
lee65
January 9, 2018, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Jaws

Seems fair.

Sanchez is far too small to defend at corners  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 170
tarka
January 9, 2018, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Marinerz93

They have weakened what would have been a good press statement by attacking fans again. They want unity but still snipe at fans who don't agree with them, no unity there.

Perhaps I've missed something but all I see is an appeal for unity!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 38 - 170
barrattstandman
January 9, 2018, 5:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
So much for pulling together then with these comments. At least many of you have laid your cards on the table. Can I just add who would you suggest to replace Russ ? No successful managers are available so only ones who have been sacked cos they got relegated, or in danger of it. We tried non league and failed so what. This is not in support of the current managerial team but can anyone suggest anything other than the board have suggested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.