Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 275 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,330 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
January 10, 2018, 11:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
So the self proclaimed realists tell the frustrated believers that it's the believers that are putting off inward investment. If I was a potential investor, I would rather see thread upon thread of frustrated fans believing the club could be potentially so much more than it is as present, rather than thread upon thread of fans saying that what we've already got is all the club could realistically achieve without a little football fortune once in a blue moon..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 170
ginnywings
January 10, 2018, 11:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Stranger in the Park. Watch this from about 12m on and see what Russ says about what his aims are for this season. We've been patient and there are fans at every club who will berate the board, the manager and the players. It's not unique to this club. It's the job of the club to foster the conditions that keep the fans onside. I wouldn't complain if i could see some sort of plan and some movement toward building a better side. I don't expect instant success, but neither do i expect us to meekly surrender at home to teams below us in the league. It's the job of the board and the manager to make us competitive in the league and they have not done that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgaoz9lJnOA
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 170
RoboCod
January 10, 2018, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
This is all starting to play out like some weird tragi-comedy...

"It was a fantastic result Marcus and the players got (last week) so let's try and build on that..."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 170
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 12:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
"What people like you always forget to mention is the unwavering support the club got the season we went down. Hurst played percentage football and it never gave the fans real belief that we would go up which led to frustration. Bignot was a loose cannon and I don't see how anyone can back Sladeballs style and player acquisition. How many times have we had rally calls only for someone at the club to smash it to pieces. Why did it take Hurst 6 seasons to get us out of non league, and why did he say when he got to Shrewsbury that he was looking forward to working with honest people, the little Napoleon has form for knocking people, remember the comments at Wembley about fans who probably didn't deserve to be there. What you don't get is that the belief isn't there anymore because we have been let down too many times, the club has to back up it's press release, but I won't hold my breath."

Constantly berating your own club in an internet forum will not attract better investors,managers or players and we will soon be another  poisoned chalice that nobody but the desperate will take on .We do not have a divine right to be successful-especially given the obvious budget constraints.Whilst the supporters and and club are so divided (no matter who's fault or history) it will never be successful, Hull being a classic example currently.  

divine right to be successful lol

The fans here are desperate to get behind a Manager and a team to be proud of.You can spin it however you like but fact is 18months ago over 15k people two weeks on the bounce turned up in London to back a Grimsby Town side managed by Paul Hurst. Whatever pros or cons went with PH he had that support he chose not to try and grab it with both hands and embrace likewise the board and now were down to 3k moaning illegitimates. Lincoln on the other hand have gone from less than 3k at that point to more like 9k SPOT THE EFFIN DIFFERENCE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 170
rancido
January 10, 2018, 1:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quote from the statement " unequivocally to support the existing management team financially in the current January transfer window and throughout the summer to continue their rebuilding exercise of the playing squad ".

So, based on that we can expect more wage stealers ,I mean , potential worldbeaters such as Woolford, Dixon, Kelly and JJ to joins our ranks.

Another quote " Russell and Paul have also set out a clear vision to the Board to continue rebuilding the squad towards a tighter-knit, leaner but higher calibre playing squad. We want to reduce it in size but increase the quality over the next six months "

So RS had another Powerpoint presentation , complete with flow charts, to show his vision for the future. This will include reducing the squad size by obviously releasing players he hasn't signed ( otherwise an admission that the ones he signed weren't any good ) and replacing them by higher calibre players of the type he has already signed. If that was the case then why didn't he secure these higher calibre players in the summer or if he couldn't get them then , what has changed to mean he can get them now.
The guy is full of bullsh*t but unfortunately JF believes him - God help us !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 170
MarinersOnTheUp
January 10, 2018, 1:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
So the "Hurst out" brigade have turned into the "Slade out" brigade. Strangely a lot of these fickle "fans" thought that the clown Bignot should have lasted longer. This sort of "support" is a cancer to the club - and it's spreading as more jump on the bandwagon without giving serious thought to recent history.

Not true. I always said hurst was a good manager and not once said he should be sacked, I even went against people who wanted his head on a plate to defend him and was gutted when he left. I also thought Bignots sacking was unfair and it makes even less sense now given that the Board want us to give slade time, given that that’s exactly what Marcus Bignot didn’t get, after doing what was asked of him in plenty of time.

However I want Slade out and I want Fenty out. I haven’t jumped on any bandwagon, strangely enough I have the mental capacity to make the decision myself that I don’t want Slade  or Fenty anyway near my club. I’m aware of recent history too and this feels like 2009 all over again.

What’s a bigger concern is the number of fans who have actually bought into this latest statement. How many times have we been here? It’s a sales pitch, all talk. Yes it’s been spell checked this time but reading it carefull, it’s still the same patronising nonsense that the club always put out.

Until Fenty goes we will never get anywhere and it’ll just be an endless cycle until something goes disastrously wrong and we don’t actually have a club.

Fed up of being lied to by the club aswell.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 170
cannylad68
January 10, 2018, 4:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Town @ 2.7 to win on Saturday at Bet Victor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 170
rancido
January 10, 2018, 5:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Alleged conversation at Board meeting :-

JF : Well Russ, things aren't very good, what's going on ?

RS : Don't worry John it's all in the Masterplan in my Powerpoint presentation. Forget that I got sacked from my last two posts. Concentrate on when I was here last. Watch my second season when I'll get us to a play-off final and then f**k off  , I mean finish the job. Trust me, I'm a schoolteacher .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 170
TAGG
January 10, 2018, 5:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
So the "Hurst out" brigade have turned into the "Slade out" brigade. Strangely a lot of these fickle "fans" thought that the clown Bignot should have lasted longer. This sort of "support" is a cancer to the club - and it's spreading as more jump on the bandwagon without giving serious thought to recent history.The long view, as stated in this board release is quite factual and not just the usual PR blurb meant to placate the outspoken dissident fans.If anything stops me from watching Town it will be because I'm sick of listening to the vitriolic diatribe by so called supporters. The experiment of making a team up of lower league players certainly hasn't worked but saddled us with a few contracted none usables and shows the short comings of previous managers and probably tight purse strings. Russell Slade was well aware of this I'm sure and had little choice but to use a few old hands in the current transition and until the deadwood is cleared out don't expect miracles .It took Hurst 5 years to scrape out the Conference and Fourth division football has never ever been attractive so the obvious answer is as the statement says and EVERYBODY to unite and have some realistic belief.      

balderdash

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 170
golfer
January 10, 2018, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
To sum up the statement in 2 words:-      lies,lies,lies,bullchit,bullchit,bullchit,lies,lies,lies,bullchit,bullchit and more bullchit-----sorry couldn't do it in 2 words
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 170
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.