Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 298 Guests

Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

This thread currently has 25,333 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2018, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from heppy88
To be honest I'm just sick of it all.
This will always be my club, but enough.
My parents (season ticket holders) have just told me they are taking a break from attending BP. In all seriousness as they are both pensioners I doubt they will be back. It's a shame, but to be honest I don't blame them. Over the years they have told me stories of their travels in the sixties and seventies, home and away in their Mini van, picking up hitch hiking town fans. That was "their" time. My era was the Buckley years and although not perfect I realise I was spoilt seeing Town battle with the big guns.

But to be honest the passion I had up to and for a few months after promotion to the league has gone.
Over the years I've became too attached to the club and too emotionally invested.
I can't stand what the current board have done and are doing to GTFC.
When I asked the question at the forum about the chances of a new stadium being started this decade I expected more than I got: 7/10 from Fenty. He no longer fervently promoted the vision I had bought in to.
So the chances of no stadium (I'm sure at the press conference announcing the failed project he will compare us to Bristol Rovers, Scunthorpe and their recent failed attempts, as a sign of the times and current economic climate) and the current state of the team (on the field and in the board) lead me to believe the future of the club is bleak. Why would anyone think differently? What have Fenty and Slade ever achieved in football? So why do some believe they can turn things around? Because they put out a nicely written statement full of political spin? It's not difficult to carry out some Due diligence on John Fenty's reign and see it would only take footballing fortune, no sorry, miracle for him to make this club a success.
I honestly believe the statement was put out as a response to the falling gates. As a result I've also decided to take a break. The club won't lose out financially as I'm also a ST holder. But it will be 3 less bums on seats and if that's what it will take to get the message across, with thousands of others then so be it.
Steve.

A very good post and one that is sad to see, I am sorry you feel this way. I have posted very little on here during this week after a weekend of activity as I wanted time to reflect.

I feel exactly the same way and in reality and probably have done since the fans forum where that tw@t Marley told supporters to "shut up" that is all you needed to know about the current exec.

I want better for sure but actually at the moment I would just settle for a board that cared about the betterment of the club ahead of trying to off load it like sh1t off their shoes. Yes JF at times has put his own money on the table but enough is enough, the loans and financial support does not buy you the the right for ever, you have to earn that season by season in my view.

Also this board appointed Slade for one reason - with him in charge it was unlikely we would get relegated, if we did the chances of the directors offloading GTFC would be less than zero. Though I'm sure he's a nice bloke in real life but in football terms he's yesterday's man.  

It's the transfer window and I am embarrassed at what other clubs are doing and how we are falling short. On Sunday on radio & TV we had Newport and Shrewsbury playing in the cup with Podge and the Paul Hurst 5 it felt like Jim Bowen saying "look what you could have won." This Saturday I think I'm more looking forward to seeing Amond than anyone in a GTFC shirt.

I will still go to BP as I am a STH and with a busy work schedule it;s the only time in reality I get with my dad and bless him to a degree he still believes, For me though I am now going to BP out of obligation rather than anything else.

I remember a couple of things about John Fenty that will always stick in my mind,

1 When he was trying to get on the board and wrangling to get a seat he came out in the GET with "I have always wanted to own a football club" "welljon" as you private plate says it's not a fukin Picasso you don't buy it put it on the wall and just leave it.

2. I remember at that time when he was trying to get a seat and giving it the big un in the press we played away at Man City and I was sat near him in that open seating they had at Main Rd  Ironically he was sharing a flask with a few hangers on who are still hanging on. I looked at him then and thought he just might be the one to move us forward, man of the people sitting with the fans etc... how wrong could I be all this time later?    

So my message to JF is move over and let someone else in, you don't have to call your loans in you have some cash in the bank and hopefully as I wish you no you'll not need to worry about leaving an inheritance for a long, long while yet.  Sell your shares for £1 on the understanding we will pay you back overtime once we hi break even each season after the manager has had his budget agreed of course.

So in summary I'll be there Saturday but out of hope more than expectation and obligation more than anything else.

Footnote.............The players might not want to play for Slade but they have an obligation to play for the fans, if they do then maybe I'll walk away feeling a bit better even after Podge sticking the knife in again.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 170
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2018, 8:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fatharry
As a Solihull fan I have taken an interest in Grimsby since Omar signed for you.It was a shame that Paul Hurst left,but
I feel  that Fenty made a good brave decision when he appointed Marcus Bignot, and if he had not sacked him you would be seeing the benefits by now. Fenty in my eyes bottled it and wanted a yes man that was easy to control,but by appointing Slade has let the club and supporters down,and has now again made the wrong decision to back him.Its not slade's fault  its Fenty's bad decision making that is to blame,and he needs to stop hiding and blaming the people he has appointed.I think he owes the supporters an apology and needs to get the vital decisions right. His actions have led to the situation that the club now finds itself in,and have massive effect to Grimsby supporters and the feel good factor in the area.Thanks for letting me post on your forum I hope things turn around for you soon.

Thanks Paul, I see your brother is fukin up at Chester now too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 170
jonnyboy82
January 11, 2018, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
If it meant podge scoring a hatrick and us getting a hammering on Saturday but slade was out of a job come 7pm then I'm sorry calls me what you want I would snap your hand off.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 170
fatharry
January 11, 2018, 8:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +162
Gold Stars: 3
Its a shame you can't recognise a genuine post.If you dont believe me have a look on solihull moors runboard I use the same name on there and you will see I am just a solihull fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 170
DublinMariner
January 11, 2018, 8:42pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +38
You lads must think that I'm mad to be going to Blundell Park on Saturday afternoon...

Flying from Dublin to East Midlands, driving to BP there and back on the same day!

Been 5 times this season and seen us score twice, we live in hope I suppose...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 170
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2018, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fatharry
Its a shame you can't recognise a genuine post.If you dont believe me have a look on solihull moors runboard I use the same name on there and you will see I am just a solihull fan.

No offence but your point about Bignot and that we would have seen the benefits is ill timed, inaccurate and ill informed. There is absolute zero evidence to suggest that we would be in a better position than we are now from the time he was here. Of all the players he brought in only Jones will be in contention this weekend, his madness in the transfer market cost us dear.

I get your loyalty to someone who helped you up at an amateur/semi pro level but in reality that is his level that's why he's managing Chester and not GTFC.

BTW will you  sell Osborne to a bigger club at the end of this season and cash in?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 170
promotion plaice
January 11, 2018, 8:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from DublinMariner
You lads must think that I'm mad to be going to Blundell Park on Saturday afternoon...

Flying from Dublin to East Midlands, driving to BP there and back on the same day!

Been 5 times this season and seen us score twice, we live in hope I suppose...

Yes.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 170
DublinMariner
January 11, 2018, 8:47pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +38
Obviously these things are booked in advance, you can never know what kind of form that we will be on at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 170
fatharry
January 11, 2018, 10:03pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +162
Gold Stars: 3
Sorry if my comments upset you Herts GTFC,with respect I dont think marcus was given a chance to prove himself which I believe was a mistake by Fenty. Although at the time  in the national north  I saw us storm that league and have no doubt he should be successful at a higher level.  I dont believe you can tell  how good the players would have been unless he had a chance to manage them,but its all water under the bridge now and we'll see how he gets on at chester where he has Harry White our ex centre forward starting to bang them in.I don't want him to do well as we need to get above chester. Osbourne has been instrumental to our improvement in form he's playing really well and we're very happy to have him back.Who knows how long he will stop with us for as you know he has talent beyond this league and personally I would have liked him to succeed at grimsby and get as far as he could but he looks happy and is enjoying his football.Mark Yates and Tim Flowers have transformed us in the short time they have been here,and look a good management team and have given us an outside chance of avoiding the drop.Wishing you all the best fatharry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 170
Mariner_09
January 11, 2018, 10:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
We missed a trick by not “pushing the boat out” to use JF’s words and buying the Cowleys out of their then 2- year deal at Lincoln in October 2016.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 170
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Statement: Grimsby Town FC – Backing Slade/Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.