Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,040 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
bluerose13x
June 24, 2016, 12:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from forza ivano
it looks very much like it's the working classes and northerners who have really voted for this, and unfortunately it's going to be them who suffer first when the the job losses and factory closures start kicking in.

btw - banks already starting to talk about moving staff from the UK and into Europe. that means less payroll taxes and business taxes coming into the coffers.  companies will not be making investment decisions, they won't be buying new equipment etc and slowly but surely the economy slows down , jobs are lost, less taxes come in and more is spent on benefits.
but at least we won't have immigrants coming in, so that makes it all worth while.hurray!

Less jobs, but no more immigration to take the fewer jobs out there. Equals itself out

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 356
MarinerMal
June 24, 2016, 12:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
More like waking up to a nightmare. It's the leavers who think they are in a dream world fantasy land. They'll realise the truth soon enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 356
Maringer
June 24, 2016, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,620
Gold Stars: 185
Not when you haven't got anybody willing to work on the farms, picking the fruit and veg.

Not to mention the fact that there will be fewer jobs available as the economy shrinks in the first place. I really don't think most people have a clue just how precarious the state of our economy is at the moment. Unfortunately, they are likely to find out soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 356
bluerose13x
June 24, 2016, 12:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I fear you don't know the damage you have done for the young people of this country. All we need now is Boris Johnson in charge and we are well and truly fooked. Sad day for me and i'm a little embarrassed that people from my area voted overwhelmingly for xenophobia, when most of them couldn't spell it, never mind know what it means. Bet most of them couldn't point to Brussels on a map.

Just because you didn't get the result you wanted doesn't mean you should just claim the majority of the people that voted are suffering from  xenophobia. I read your kneejerk comments as saying that everyone who voted to Leave is a xenophobe.  I find that claim insulting. I know this result has prob shocked, surprised and prob even scared you. Take a deep breath give it a few days for the news to sink in and for the dust to settle, then come back rational and calm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 356
bluerose13x
June 24, 2016, 12:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Not when you haven't got anybody willing to work on the farms, picking the fruit and veg.

Not to mention the fact that there will be fewer jobs available as the economy shrinks in the first place. I really don't think most people have a clue just how precarious the state of our economy is at the moment. Unfortunately, they are likely to find out soon.

If there's nobody to work on the land, farmers will have to offer a decent living wage that brits will do it for, instead of the government handing out tax credits to the underpaid. Yes, prices will go up but the government tax take from wages will go down.

Even with companies like Tesco who's staff make their money up to a living wage by claiming tax credits. And staff wanting a living wage being undercut by EU nationals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 356
RoboCod
June 24, 2016, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Working the land is back breaking work, pay enough wages and you'll get workers locally.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 356
bluerose13x
June 24, 2016, 1:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
it looks very much like it's the working classes and northerners who have really voted for this, and unfortunately it's going to be them who suffer first when the the job losses and factory closures start kicking in.

btw - banks already starting to talk about moving staff from the UK and into Europe. that means less payroll taxes and business taxes coming into the coffers.  companies will not be making investment decisions, they won't be buying new equipment etc and slowly but surely the economy slows down , jobs are lost, less taxes come in and more is spent on benefits.
but at least we won't have immigrants coming in, so that makes it all worth while.hurray!

If these big London-based multinational banks are threatening to pull out, let them.

I hope (dream?) we can start manufacturing things in this Country again, with British companies spread across the country instead of London sucking in all the wealth, being held to ransom by London multinationals, and less reliant on cheap imports of trainers from China, cheap imported steel flooding the market etc. Pipe dream? I don't know..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 356
forza ivano
June 24, 2016, 1:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,261
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from bluerose13x

If these big London-based multinational banks are threatening to pull out, let them.

I hope (dream?) we can start manufacturing things in this Country again, with British companies spread across the country instead of London sucking in all the wealth, being held to ransom by London multinationals, and less reliant on cheap imports of trainers from China, cheap imported steel flooding the market etc. Pipe dream? I don't know..

So what sort of things are you going to start making then? the raw materials will be imported for the manufacturing  so, with the collapse of the pound, will be 5-10% more expensive than yesterday.you've already mentioned about raising wage levels so the goods that are produced become even more expensive, even before you've added the tariffs that will be imposed by the countries you're trying to sell the goods to.
you might not like it but financial services basically keep this country afloat. they start pulling out and we will be in even more trouble than we already are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 356
LH
June 24, 2016, 1:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,551
Gold Stars: 174
Anyone who saw the "93 yr mum" tweet yesterday see similarities to this comment?  

Quoted from grimsby pete
When I woke my wife up this morning with a cup od tea,

I said  " its a double whammy "

We are out and Cameron has resigned

Her reply was  " Hooray "  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 356
Hagrid
June 24, 2016, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,475
Gold Stars: 536
I will never say this was a good decision, 75%. Say it again 75% of 18-24 years olds, including myself, voted to remain in the EU. This is my future, and we have left through votes of those these decisions wont affect. Its a democracy, but that isnt fair, the young have been well and truly shafted, again!! Its an uncertain time, very worrying, and all i can say is i hope your dam flipping proud of yourselves
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 356
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.