Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,035 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
June 24, 2016, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,617
Gold Stars: 185
Codcheeky, you're quite right about the disgraceful behaviour of the EU towards the PIIGS countries, Greece in particular. It is the one thing which led me to doubt which way I would vote the other year.

However, this referendum was about the UK. I'd guess that a tiny fraction of a percentage of voters went Leave due to the actions of the EU in southern Europe. Self-interest should have led us to vote remain, but the electorate hasn't just given themselves both barrels in the foot, they've reloaded and done it again!

I shudder to think what sort of an exit plan we will end up with when you've got a post-truth leadership of the Tories such as the liar Johnson and the idiot Gove. Good Lord, we're going to end up with Fox and IDS back in government again with Farage - someone who has stolen a living from the EU for years - helping to steer the debate. The mind boggles as to how much worse than the already terrible Cameron and Osborne this bunch will end being.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 356
codcheeky
June 24, 2016, 10:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Maringer
Codcheeky, you're quite right about the disgraceful behaviour of the EU towards the PIIGS countries, Greece in particular. It is the one thing which led me to doubt which way I would vote the other year.

However, this referendum was about the UK. I'd guess that a tiny fraction of a percentage of voters went Leave due to the actions of the EU in southern Europe. Self-interest should have led us to vote remain, but the electorate hasn't just given themselves both barrels in the foot, they've reloaded and done it again!

I shudder to think what sort of an exit plan we will end up with when you've got a post-truth leadership of the Tories such as the liar Johnson and the idiot Gove. Good Lord, we're going to end up with Fox and IDS back in government again with Farage - someone who has stolen a living from the EU for years - helping to steer the debate. The mind boggles as to how much worse than the already terrible Cameron and Osborne this bunch will end being.

My fears too, it has left the country completely divided with a scary bunch of people in power
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 356
grimsby pete
June 24, 2016, 10:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
When I woke my wife up this morning with a cup od tea,

I said  " its a double whammy "

We are out and Cameron has resigned

Her reply was  " Hooray "  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 356
Perkins
June 24, 2016, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Reporter: "Now Mr Cameron, what are you going to do now?"

Cameron: "Well, I've packed my bucket and spade and I'm going to Cleethorpes for the weekend."

Reporter: : "Will you be riding a donkey while you're there?"

Cameron: "No, fortunately George Osborne isn't coming"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 356
forza ivano
June 24, 2016, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,257
Gold Stars: 266
it looks very much like it's the working classes and northerners who have really voted for this, and unfortunately it's going to be them who suffer first when the the job losses and factory closures start kicking in.

btw - banks already starting to talk about moving staff from the UK and into Europe. that means less payroll taxes and business taxes coming into the coffers.  companies will not be making investment decisions, they won't be buying new equipment etc and slowly but surely the economy slows down , jobs are lost, less taxes come in and more is spent on benefits.
but at least we won't have immigrants coming in, so that makes it all worth while.hurray!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 356
ginnywings
June 24, 2016, 10:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
When I woke my wife up this morning with a cup od tea,

I said  " its a double whammy "

We are out and Cameron has resigned

Her reply was  " Hooray "  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fear you don't know the damage you have done for the young people of this country. All we need now is Boris Johnson in charge and we are well and truly fooked. Sad day for me and i'm a little embarrassed that people from my area voted overwhelmingly for xenophobia, when most of them couldn't spell it, never mind know what it means. Bet most of them couldn't point to Brussels on a map.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 356
grimsby pete
June 24, 2016, 10:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

I fear you don't know the damage you have done for the young people of this country. All we need now is Boris Johnson in charge and we are well and truly fooked. Sad day for me and i'm a little embarrassed that people from my area voted overwhelmingly for xenophobia, when most of them couldn't spell it, never mind know what it means. Bet most of them couldn't point to Brussels on a map.

You are welcome to your opinion Ginny,

In a few years time you will be saying , what a great move it was leaving the EU.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 356
GrimRob
June 24, 2016, 11:28am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
If nothing else there'll be some interesting chants if we play France in the QF! Their stock market is down a lot more than ours today.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 356
MarinerMal
June 24, 2016, 11:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete

You are welcome to your opinion Ginny,

In a few years time you will be saying , what a great move it was leaving the EU.

You have nothing to base that on whatsoever. It was just another lie you were told...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 356
bluerose13x
June 24, 2016, 12:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Quoted from X
I wonder how many of these "out" people are thinking 'I f**ked up' although they'll never admit it.

I wonder just how many of these remain guys have just had the carpet pulled out from under themselves unexpectetly. The remain guys seem shocked that this had happened, like they've been living in a dream world fantasy land.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 356
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.