Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,041 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 26, 2016, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Yeh i've seen alot of interesting opinions and options coming from economists from here and other countries on the news, none of it sounding too scary, its going to be an interesting time

meanwhile on twitter its remain voters still going on and on and on about not getting their way, and patronisingly going on about this petition asking leave voters to sign it treating them like stupid children who've wet themselves

We have a referendum that did not go the way the remain wanted,

So they all sign up for another vote,

This time they win , just,

So the out group sign up for another vote,

This goes on for years,

In the end the EU says just fook off.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 356
Grim74
June 26, 2016, 12:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Yeh i've seen alot of interesting opinions and options coming from economists from here and other countries on the news, none of it sounding too scary, its going to be an interesting time

meanwhile on twitter its remain voters still going on and on and on about not getting their way, and patronisingly going on about this petition asking leave voters to sign it treating them like stupid children who've wet themselves

I see this must be straight out of the 6th form common room an anti democracy petition   what a bunch of sad losers  these leftys only want democracy if it suits them and the funny thing is the majority signing the petition are not even British.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 356
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 1:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano
Seems to be a couple of ideas emerging. One is that MPs will block us leaving the single market on the basis that the referendum ok'd us leaving the eu but it didn't specify the single market. This would leave us with a Norway type arrangement, out of the eu but still bound by its rules and the obligation to freedom of movement. The other is that there will be a special deal for us to become a sort of associate member, sort of in but not really in. The this is based on the notion that the politics of mutual necessity will kick in I.e.the French and Germans need to trade with us as much as we trade with them so the trade deals will be done quite quickly and they won't take as long as other deals because we already have much of the eu law already ingrained in our law.
Basically what is proposed is exactly what we had before  but we don't have any influence over eu policy but do have that ultimate prize of being able to say we aren't in Europe and don't do what the eu tell us coz we're British and independent. You couldn't make it up..... Where's ffs when you need him?

It is far from over and it will go one or two ways, the vote will be pulled by various means or we will get free and some sectors of EU will try and make an example of us. If it isn't resolved within the 2 years we will revert to WTO which means tariff's, the Germans and French have already said they want it to go smoothly with the vast amount of business we do with them it makes sense.

What people are worried over is the constant threats, we used to trade with the common wealth of 53 countries with very few problems, that was stopped by the EU doing the deals for us, a limiting bureaucratic faceless deals done behind closed doors which we have no say. We can do deals with Africa meaning they can prosper and not rely on aid all the time. The EU is insular and backward and some people seem happy with the way things are without knowing what is going on and are quite happy to leave the tap on whilst being on a water meter, talking about wastage here in the EU.

It's to be expected that what ever side lost accusations and demeaning of people was going to happen. Typical cat calls of little Englander, bigot, xenophobe, thick, racist etc etc. I would rather be called all those than a traitor, someone who doesn't care that an unelected entity can ruin towns and cities in this country with regulations and policies that suit big corporations who are already fat with cash. Wait till your world is touch by their policies and see how your views change over night. The money men and unelected decision makers don't know who you are and don't care, you are tax fodder, open your wallet whilst they take what they want. For every penny they take out of our country that is a penny that could be spend here on our services, our needs.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 356
Neilo83
June 26, 2016, 2:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

This goes on for years,

It was actually setup by an "out" voter that expected us to remain in, what an absolute numpty!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 356
Rick12
June 26, 2016, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

This goes on for years,

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 356
arryarryarry
June 26, 2016, 4:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,033
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chicaneuk
What pisses me off the most is that basically what we're saying is we think we're better than everyone else, and we both don't need their help, nor do we want to help anyone else. That isn't the British way as far as I'm concerned. I don't identify myself as that person.

I think we're going to find very quickly that the rest of the world doesn't give one excrement about us, and when Scotland re-vote to leave the UK (which is clearly going to happen looking at how they voted to remain in the EU) as well and in fact the whole of the United Kingdom becomes fractured, we'll find ourselves standing very alone.

Scotland flipping off wont be bad as due to the funding they receive from the UK treasury they get more spent per person than us in England as well as having free benefits that the rest of us have to pay for.

Private Message
Reply: 205 - 356
arryarryarry
June 26, 2016, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerMal
Congratulations to the Leave campaign on their victory.

You have got what you wished for and you deserve everything that is about to come with it.

Cheers mate, thanks for that, commiserations by the way.
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 356
arryarryarry
June 26, 2016, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from immariner
Who knew it, turkeys do actually vote for Christmas!

Younger people voted overwhelmingly to remain. And so it looks like the older generations have swung this in Leave's favour due to their latent xenophobia. The people for whom this vote mattered the least have swung it off their own bloated sense of nationalistic self importance. Way to go pops!

And isn't it funny how a lot of people who voted leave are the same kind of people who make the most commotion when Argentina pipe up about The Falklands or Spain make noises about Gibraltar. Yet now they've left Gibraltar out to dry, seemingly without a care.

Oh and goodbye United Kingdom.

What a great day.

As one who may be classed as an older voter may I say why don't you intercourse right off, I have as much right to vote as anyone else did, you sad loser.

Private Message
Reply: 207 - 356
barralad
June 26, 2016, 5:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Neilo83

It was actually setup by an "out" voter that expected us to remain in, what an absolute numpty!

Beat me to it neilo. To be fair though it is reputed that it was launched well before the referendum.
What is done is done. All parties should be addressing how to minimise the effect of such a decision on the population as a whole.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 356
barralad
June 26, 2016, 7:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,295
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Grim74

I see this must be straight out of the 6th form common room an anti democracy petition   what a bunch of sad losers  these leftys only want democracy if it suits them and the funny thing is the majority signing the petition are not even British.

I've stated my belief in democracy elsewhere. It's a pity you haven't yet grasped that the whole E.U. debate cut across party lines and redefined political debate in this country. It may have escaped your notice but we currently have a U.K. government with a majority (which if I'm correct in remembering you celebrated just over 12 months ago) which whatever I think about it are the ONLY people who can move the decoupling from Europe forward.  Perhaps you should leave Labour to its own civil war and look to your mates on the right.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.