16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
So our esteemed leader now believes that today was the most difficult win of the three. Really? More difficult than winning at the league leaders?

Fed up of saying it - a combination of 442 at home, Paul Hurst and his obsession with Lenny will keep us in this godforsakenshitehole of a league. According to the pre-match interview 'the rest of the team know what Lenny brings'. Could you please share it with the rest of us? Is it the half-time oranges? The post-match beer? A goal from open play would be nice. A shot on target even.
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
February 28, 2015, 7:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Three wins in a row, up to third, still in with a shout and you're bitching about interviews. Unbelievable is about right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 158
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Three wins in a row, up to third, still in with a shout and you're bitching about interviews. Unbelievable is about right.

So you're saying that beating the mighty Braintree 1-0 with your only shot on target is harder than winning away at the league leaders?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 158
Maringer
February 28, 2015, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So you're saying that beating the mighty Braintree 1-0 with your only shot on target is harder than winning away at the league leaders?

When your team hasn't played well, yes.

We were shite yet still won. When you play well, you expect to win. Our problem all too often has been failing to win games like the one today. The three points you receive at the end of the game are still exactly the same.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 158
DocTower
February 28, 2015, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Unfortunately , or fortunately illness prevented me from attending . Sounded as bad as people are saying .  Agree wholeheartedly with your comments , however others views it differently . Three points are three points ok , but it's the manner of how we get them . Some are willing to accept it and say nothing , some give comments and get slated .  Can't win either way .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 158
February 28, 2015, 7:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
So our esteemed leader now believes that today was the most difficult win of the three. Really? More difficult than winning at the league leaders?

Fed up of saying it - a combination of 442 at home, Paul Hurst and his obsession with Lenny will keep us in this godforsakenshitehole of a league. According to the pre-match interview 'the rest of the team know what Lenny brings'. Could you please share it with the rest of us? Is it the half-time oranges? The post-match beer? A goal from open play would be nice. A shot on target even.

You are so right with the rigid 4-4-2. I felt for Christian Jolley today when he come on, the lad is a born outside forward. He isn't a centre forward and never will be. He wants the ball played in front of him, we've seen him destroy us playing wide left of a front three. We are so strong in the middle of the park. We have Disley, Clay, Paddy and Scott Brown. Any three of them would be superb in this league, Macreth would be superb playing wide of the central striker. We can call on Palmer who can do LJL's hold up job, be a physical presence and score goals. I'd be fine with either starting. 4-3-3 does require full backs get a bit further forward, perhaps Magnay and Robertson in particular aren't ideal there but overall the squad makeup is begging for a 4-3-3. At home, we are struggling to break teams down, I know it's generally more about players than formations but we have square pegs in round holes. Put the round pegs in round holes and let them go! We have time, we have a cushion in the play offs but let's go for the title.
Reply: 5 - 158
psgmariner
February 28, 2015, 7:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
It was boring and dull today but 3 points is all that matters. Hurst annoys me but I find it hard to be critical when we are winning.

That said, I can see why home gates are low. Hard working watching that and none of the fun of going away.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 158
jonnyboy82
February 28, 2015, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Boring match.

Boring performance.

Boring experience.

Boring manager.

3 points.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 158
MuddyWaters
February 28, 2015, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

When your team hasn't played well, yes.

We were shite yet still won. When you play well, you expect to win. Our problem all too often has been failing to win games like the one today. The three points you receive at the end of the game are still exactly the same.

Yep, they are the same three points that we have chucked away in so many home games by not being bold enough tactically or attacking enough at the start of games.

Hurst talks about negative fans a lot. Why doesn't he try some positive tactics to get what's left of the home faithful to cheer not moan.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 158
ginnywings
February 28, 2015, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from psgmariner
It was boring and dull today but 3 points is all that matters. Hurst annoys me but I find it hard to be critical when we are winning.

That said, I can see why home gates are low. Hard working watching that and none of the fun of going away.

Not for me. I understand some are happy with "the end justifies the Means" approach but i'd like to see a bit of skill and flair now and again.

What i am seeing regularly at BP is not the game i fell in love with and got me so enthused that i couldn't wait for the next home game.

All about opinions i know but there are lots of stayaways that i know who have voted with their feet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 158
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.