TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 3, 2015, 8:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido
I suppose it all comes down to what we want from the club. I love to watch good, flowing football and after watching the last two home games I've come away feeling elated that we won but cheated because of the performance. Unfortunately if we want to get back in the league then maybe we have to put up with these kind of games until the end of the season. The worrying concern for me is that " IF "  PH gets us promoted then will he still adopt the same style in League 2? If he does then he will lose a lot of support and that coupled with maybe a higher playing budget to maintain that level could produce major financial concerns for the club

I think that worries a lot of people and they are also worried that the style of play will not keep us up in L2 very long either.

However, if we are promoted then PH must get the chance to do his thing mustn't he? It's only right that he should. He may prove to be as clever as Dave Penney who brought Doncaster back into the league with one style and up the leagues with another. We just don't know for certain. We might not like it but this is squeaky bum time so we just have to hold on, accept the style and the 1-0 wins and hope we are a league club in August. Then we go from there.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 158
sydney
March 3, 2015, 9:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Looked at the official conference website stats page and LJL is no 1 for "Most shots off target"
He He..
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 158
Maringer
March 3, 2015, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
And we're also the team with the most shots on target. If McKeown has made more saves than any other keeper in the division, that says a lot about our defence which is decent but not as good as our record might indicate.

Interesting to see that Akinde has committed more fouls than any other player in the division! Obviously likes to use his bulk to as much effect as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 158
Theimperialcoroner
March 4, 2015, 8:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Think Fishoutofwater got it spot on when he compared this style of play to Sladeisace style. It was dull then and it's dull now. It does though to a point, get results, it's just a bit dull. It does also stifle creativity; for Neilson read Pinault. The main issue of it is that it requires the opposition to come at you a bit, when this doesn't happen, especially at home, it becomes turgid. It's perhaps on these occasions we need an effective plan B, one where we dictate the pace of the game rather than the opposition. I'm too tactically dumb to suggest how you'd do that, but PH should be able to work it out. Therein lies peoples frustrations I think, as he doesn't seem to know how or even sometimes want to do so.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 158
ackomariner
March 4, 2015, 9:25am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Think Fishoutofwater got it spot on when he compared this style of play to Sladeisace style. It was dull then and it's dull now. It does though to a point, get results, it's just a bit dull. It does also stifle creativity; for Neilson read Pinault. The main issue of it is that it requires the opposition to come at you a bit, when this doesn't happen, especially at home, it becomes turgid. It's perhaps on these occasions we need an effective plan B, one where we dictate the pace of the game rather than the opposition. I'm too tactically dumb to suggest how you'd do that, but PH should be able to work it out. Therein lies peoples frustrations I think, as he doesn't seem to know how or even sometimes want to do so.

Good post.....exactly how it is imo

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 158
Toothill Totty
March 7, 2015, 7:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
so old codger, got owt to say today fella, still not good enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 158
Toothill Totty
March 7, 2015, 7:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -4
Gold Stars: 1
Just seen your post guess I should of checked beforehand, schoolboy error! Everyones allowed to look a t..t every now and then aren't we old codger!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 158
FishOutOfWater
March 7, 2015, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I'm getting well confused....

Unbelievable on this thread

Time to believe on another

We'll just have to wait and see....I'm definitely in the glass half full camp right now though!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 157 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 7, 2015, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Toothill Totty
Just seen your post guess I should of checked beforehand, schoolboy error! Everyones allowed to look a t..t every now and then aren't we old codger!

I think you ought to read more. I have stated ad nausea  that I believe this is a good squad and also that I feel that we are too negative at home. As pleased as I am with today and the rest of our away form, I'm still fearful that our home form will cost us. That's why the thread Time to Believe, because it can be done and everyone from the chairman done needs to be positive.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.