16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
March 2, 2015, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I agree mate. Unfortunately I think some people find it easy to just label anyone with a critical opinion on anything Town related as a moaner. It's always been the case on here. Personally I find it more tedious than a home game or the small handful of culprits who do actually 'moan about everything'.

Most Town fans are balanced I think. We've got eyes. People can see for themselves what we are and where we are or aren't going. Some people prefer to gloss over it, or pretend it's not real, and some like to overstate it, and whine on about it. Others derive knowledge and pleasure from an informed, rational and even handed discussion.

The season is about to reach its conclusion. What will be will be, and I for one intend to talk about all sorts of aspects of the club and the team. Analysis needs positive and negative. Surely people can accept that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2015, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
I see the word "moaning" again in a few posts. Why is anything other than praise classed as moaning? Surely there is room on a football discussion forum to discuss err.......football.

I am not a fan of the Hurst pragmatic approach and i never have been. I know many fans who stay away because of it and to me that affects the club financially. Surely that is a topic for discussion. The fact that we have won the last three games doesn't change the fact that we have dropped 24 points at home already this season and that will probably cost us the chance of automatic promotion. That means the play offs again and the prospect of not being able to score the goals to get out of this league looms large. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

I think that's an important discussion point but that's just my opinion. If some see that as moaning then so be it, that's their opinion.

Great post as usual Ginny. Maybe need to take the word Old out of my monicker as I'm clearly seen as a grumpy old twit whereas when you make the point about dropped points at BP, it seems more valid. Might call myself Grumpy Old Codger!
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 158
ackomariner
March 2, 2015, 9:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Great post as usual Ginny. Maybe need to take the word Old out of my monicker as I'm clearly seen as a grumpy old twit whereas when you make the point about dropped points at BP, it seems more valid. Might call myself Grumpy Old Codger!

Moaning old codger  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 158
mimma
March 3, 2015, 12:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Anybody think that the state of our pitch must take some of the blame for the poor standard of football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 158
BIGChris
March 3, 2015, 6:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
I see the word "moaning" again in a few posts. Why is anything other than praise classed as moaning? Surely there is room on a football discussion forum to discuss err.......football.

I am not a fan of the Hurst pragmatic approach and i never have been. I know many fans who stay away because of it and to me that affects the club financially. Surely that is a topic for discussion. The fact that we have won the last three games doesn't change the fact that we have dropped 24 points at home already this season and that will probably cost us the chance of automatic promotion. That means the play offs again and the prospect of not being able to score the goals to get out of this league looms large. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

I think that's an important discussion point but that's just my opinion. If some see that as moaning then so be it, that's their opinion.

But it isn't really a 'discussion point' when you post the same thing everyday!

Private Message
Reply: 134 - 158
DocTower
March 3, 2015, 7:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from BIGChris

All about opinions , very emotive .  Seeing as there are 14 pages on this thread think it shows people really do care  about what has and what is happening to our club .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 158
jonnyboy82
March 3, 2015, 7:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BIGChris

Does that go both ways then ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 158
Badger57
March 3, 2015, 8:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from chaos33
I agree mate. Unfortunately I think some people find it easy to just label anyone with a critical opinion on anything Town related as a moaner. It's always been the case on here. Personally I find it more tedious than a home game or the small handful of culprits who do actually 'moan about everything'.

Most Town fans are balanced I think. We've got eyes. People can see for themselves what we are and where we are or aren't going. Some people prefer to gloss over it, or pretend it's not real, and some like to overstate it, and whine on about it. Others derive knowledge and pleasure from an informed, rational and even handed discussion.

The season is about to reach its conclusion. What will be will be, and I for one intend to talk about all sorts of aspects of the club and the team. Analysis needs positive and negative. Surely people can accept that.

And yet again you get red crosses for another well reasoned and balanced post. Now THAT I find unbelievable.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 158
Maringer
March 3, 2015, 8:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,408
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from mimma
Anybody think that the state of our pitch must take some of the blame for the poor standard of football?

I mentioned the other week that I thought the poor condition of the pitch might end up costing us some points this season. Some of the poor passing and control was probably down to the pitch, but the players still need to do better most of the time.

Hopefully, we'll get a warm, dry-ish spell over the next couple of weeks to help the pitch recover a bit. I'm sure it would be helpful if we were able to avoid playing/training on there if at all possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 158
Quagmire
March 3, 2015, 11:25am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from BIGChris

Chris,

Is it my imagination or was there a post by either yourself or another Trust board member re PH being told in the summer that the results and entertainment value of home games for season 2014-15 had to improve?

I'm pretty certain that in the summer when PH's future was discussed on here that there was pretty much a unanimous feeling that both results and style of play/entertainment at BP had to improve this season.

I think this is where there is a lot of frustration with PH.

Last season we were poor at home and nothing has changed.  It's all well and good this "performances don't matter, it's the points that do now we are getting towards the end of the season" if it wasn't for the fact that we've had to put up with poor home performances for the majority of the last two seasons.

You can pretty much count on one hand the 'enjoyable' games at BP over the last two years - one of those even ended in defeat (Huddersfield).

It's so frustrating.

It's like Groundhog Day all the time.  Last January there were a number of posters saying we should replace Hurst, this January exactly the same.  Last year numerous posters saying games at BP were poor and needed to improve, this year exactly the same.  All season people have been saying we don't score enough goals, and we look likely to enter the play offs (if we do) with goals being a problem yet again.

Nothing seems to improve.

We continually receive poor performances at home month after month, year after year - those people who mention this are derided as whingers and not 'true' supporters.

At the end of the day, fans are customers and we aren't getting value for money.  Such poor performances at home merely impact on people through the turnstiles and money in the bank.

I really don't think I can stomach another season with such a dull and uninspiring manager as Hurst at the helm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.