This thread currently has 18,959 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
March 1, 2015, 9:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The fact is the game was not very entertaining but that was not town's fault. Fans seem to ignore the fact that there was another team out there and they efficiently closed down the game and prevented us from creating chances so I do not blame our strikers yesterday, unlike Tuesday when we wasted many chances. When we come up against a situation where he opposition are also trying to win the game we also look a better team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 158
Richard Cranium
March 1, 2015, 9:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
What a thread this would have been if we had lost !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 158
Richard Cranium
March 1, 2015, 9:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
This thread should be deleted! Withdraw from the Play Offs!?!? What the heck is wrong with people?!!? We have 9 points this week, , scored 5 and conceded a wonder goal, , yes the home games haven't been enthralling affairs but we are WINNING and have 10 more games to go and not many of them are going to be all that entertaining but let's just get out of this league and be entertained in Lg2
Well said

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 158
Maringer
March 1, 2015, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from chaos33

Personally I'm not 'wailing' or 'gnashing my teeth'. You've gotta be chuffed with 9 points in a week. IMO, the Telford game wasn't as bad as some would have you believe, but the ground was stony silent. I was merely wondering why BP is so subdued when the team are on a promotion push and then speculating on the possible reasons for that.
I think people on here need to learn to distinguish between moaning and general or critical discussion.

Not you personally, perhaps, but we're now into page 6 of a thread bitching about the manager's post-match interview following our third win in a week! That marks out wailing and gnashing of teeth to me. That is what is truly unbelievable.

You're quite right about the Telford game where we played pretty well in the first half but were poor in the second half. Some people seem to be retrospectively deciding it was a terrible performance for some reason or other (7 shots on target, their keeper was probably the man of the match) when it simply wasn't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 158
chaos33
March 1, 2015, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
This thread should be deleted! Withdraw from the Play Offs!?!? What the heck is wrong with people?!!? We have 9 points this week, , scored 5 and conceded a wonder goal, , yes the home games haven't been enthralling affairs but we are WINNING and have 10 more games to go and not many of them are going to be all that entertaining but let's just get out of this league and be entertained in Lg2

I can't find any reference to withdrawing from the play offs in this thread???
Why do you have a problem with this discussion? Saying the thread should be deleted sounds a bit, well.....North Korean to me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 1, 2015, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

Not you personally, perhaps, but we're now into page 6 of a thread bitching about the manager's post-match interview following our third win in a week! That marks out wailing and gnashing of teeth to me. That is what is truly unbelievable.

You're quite right about the Telford game where we played pretty well in the first half but were poor in the second half. Some people seem to be retrospectively deciding it was a terrible performance for some reason or other (7 shots on target, their keeper was probably the man of the match) when it simply wasn't.

It wasn't a terrible performance on Tuesday, but there were poor individual performances - one in particular.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 158
Maringer
March 1, 2015, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It wasn't a terrible performance on Tuesday, but there were poor individual performances - one in particular.

Keep on banging the drum...  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 158
ackomariner
March 1, 2015, 10:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer

I will do don't worry about that

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 158
MeanwoodMariner
March 1, 2015, 10:50am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from oldun
The fact is the game was not very entertaining but that was not town's fault. Fans seem to ignore the fact that there was another team out there and they efficiently closed down the game and prevented us from creating chances so I do not blame our strikers yesterday, unlike Tuesday when we wasted many chances. When we come up against a situation where he opposition are also trying to win the game we also look a better team.

Yeah, this cropped up in another thread. Any team in the conference is capable of stifling a match if their only ambition is not to score, even when 1-0 down! I assumed that goal would bring Braintree out and we were in for a decent 2nd half, but it seems they didn't open up at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 1, 2015, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

If you so wish - Paul Hurst's obsession with Lenny will cost us promotion and ultimately, his job.

I could put up with early season Lenny. He balanced his lack of ability with considerable effort. I've seen him twice this week and on both occasions, there has been little or no movement off the ball, no making space for runners and very rarely won anything in the air. All fundamental parts of forward play.

Along with several others, I've noticed how several of our squad would look better in a 433 - Palmer, Jolley, Arnold, Mackreth, Paddy, Clay yet we continue with turgid 442 to accommodate Lenny. Why? He doesn't score, he rarely hits the target.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 158
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.