Maringer
March 3, 2015, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,485
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Badger57

And yet again you get red crosses for another well reasoned and balanced post. Now THAT I find unbelievable.  

Well, I just got a cross for agreeing with another poster that the poor state of the pitch might cost us this season!

Plenty of bell-ends around dropping their little red crosses here and there for no reason. Still, I suppose the sexually inadequate have to do something with their time, don't they?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 158
devon mariner
March 3, 2015, 12:05pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +111
I must admit it is frustrating as hell to listen to Town, week in week out not performing at home. But I am in agreement that at this time I will take another 10 1-0's to end the season.  I wasn't at any of the last 3 games but must say that the Braintree game sounded like absolute dross.  Whether it was the pitch or weather doesn't matter as both teams have to put up with it.  It appears that against the "so called" better teams we defend from the front whereas with the "so called" worse teams we tend to sit a bit deeper and play too many long balls.  Frustrating it may be but as long as we get out of this shitty league I for one don't care.  I would hope that come next season (hopefully as a league club) we can once more make Blundell Park a fortress and get some of those lost fans back.    

Forever Black and White
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 158
BIGChris
March 3, 2015, 12:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Quagmire

Chris,

Is it my imagination or was there a post by either yourself or another Trust board member re PH being told in the summer that the results and entertainment value of home games for season 2014-15 had to improve? I am pretty sure i didnt post that PH had been told such a thing BUT I MAY of said I would have told him that?

I'm pretty certain that in the summer when PH's future was discussed on here that there was pretty much a unanimous feeling that both results and style of play/entertainment at BP had to improve this season.

I think this is where there is a lot of frustration with PH.

Last season we were poor at home and nothing has changed.  It's all well and good this "performances don't matter, it's the points that do now we are getting towards the end of the season" if it wasn't for the fact that we've had to put up with poor home performances for the majority of the last two seasons.

You can pretty much count on one hand the 'enjoyable' games at BP over the last two years - one of those even ended in defeat (Huddersfield). (i dont disagree with that at all- the football is NOT attractive to watch)

It's so frustrating.

It's like Groundhog Day all the time.  Last January there were a number of posters saying we should replace Hurst, this January exactly the same.  Last year numerous posters saying games at BP were poor and needed to improve, this year exactly the same.  All season people have been saying we don't score enough goals, and we look likely to enter the play offs (if we do) with goals being a problem yet again.

Nothing seems to improve.

We continually receive poor performances at home month after month, year after year - those people who mention this are derided as whingers and not 'true' supporters.

At the end of the day, fans are customers and we aren't getting value for money.  Such poor performances at home merely impact on people through the turnstiles and money in the bank.

I really don't think I can stomach another season with such a dull and uninspiring manager as Hurst at the helm.

I go along with the vast majority of your post Quagmire. I totally agree about the lack of excitement on display.

The one area I possibly differ fro some is that I dont care about entertainment IF it leads to promotion. I will take dour football week in, week out if it gets us back in the football league.

I have said before that  if we dont get promoted then I would change the manager at the end of the season BUT until then I will totally support the team, the manager & the club
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 158
Quagmire
March 3, 2015, 12:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from BIGChris

I go along with the vast majority of your post Quagmire. I totally agree about the lack of excitement on display.

The one area I possibly differ fro some is that I dont care about entertainment IF it leads to promotion. I will take dour football week in, week out if it gets us back in the football league.

I have said before that  if we dont get promoted then I would change the manager at the end of the season BUT until then I will totally support the team, the manager & the club

Thanks for the clarification  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 158
FishOutOfWater
March 3, 2015, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Badger57

And yet again you get red crosses for another well reasoned and balanced post. Now THAT I find unbelievable.  

Too logical for some I guess...anyway I've given Chaos a + for daring to challenge the status quo  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 144 - 158
FishOutOfWater
March 3, 2015, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Quagmire

Chris,

Is it my imagination or was there a post by either yourself or another Trust board member re PH being told in the summer that the results and entertainment value of home games for season 2014-15 had to improve?

I'm pretty certain that in the summer when PH's future was discussed on here that there was pretty much a unanimous feeling that both results and style of play/entertainment at BP had to improve this season.

I think this is where there is a lot of frustration with PH.

Last season we were poor at home and nothing has changed.  It's all well and good this "performances don't matter, it's the points that do now we are getting towards the end of the season" if it wasn't for the fact that we've had to put up with poor home performances for the majority of the last two seasons.

You can pretty much count on one hand the 'enjoyable' games at BP over the last two years - one of those even ended in defeat (Huddersfield).

It's so frustrating.

It's like Groundhog Day all the time.  Last January there were a number of posters saying we should replace Hurst, this January exactly the same.  Last year numerous posters saying games at BP were poor and needed to improve, this year exactly the same.  All season people have been saying we don't score enough goals, and we look likely to enter the play offs (if we do) with goals being a problem yet again.

Nothing seems to improve.

We continually receive poor performances at home month after month, year after year - those people who mention this are derided as whingers and not 'true' supporters.

At the end of the day, fans are customers and we aren't getting value for money.  Such poor performances at home merely impact on people through the turnstiles and money in the bank.

I really don't think I can stomach another season with such a dull and uninspiring manager as Hurst at the helm.

I might not agree with every word above Quagmire but you've more or less hit the nail on the head with regards to the frustration that we feel

Whether PH has support in general or not for what he's doing, we really can't carry on in this disconnected vein otherwise people will be tempted to stay away, even if we are winning more often than not

It smacks of Slade's days here, where no matter if we won, lots of folk would come away disgruntled and that can't be right
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 145 - 158
chaos33
March 3, 2015, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Too logical for some I guess...anyway I've given Chaos a + for daring to challenge the status quo  

Hehe, thanks man  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2015, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

Hehe, thanks man  

That's 2 in a day!
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 158
rancido
March 3, 2015, 5:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
I suppose it all comes down to what we want from the club. I love to watch good, flowing football and after watching the last two home games I've come away feeling elated that we won but cheated because of the performance. Unfortunately if we want to get back in the league then maybe we have to put up with these kind of games until the end of the season. The worrying concern for me is that " IF "  PH gets us promoted then will he still adopt the same style in League 2? If he does then he will lose a lot of support and that coupled with maybe a higher playing budget to maintain that level could produce major financial concerns for the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 158
ginnywings
March 3, 2015, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,105
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris

But it isn't really a 'discussion point' when you post the same thing everyday!

I'm so sorry for the repetition. I shall run proposed topics past the relevant bodies in the future to ascertain their suitability for discussion on a GTFC forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.