MuddyWaters
March 2, 2015, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mike_d
Just to say we've beaten Braintree twice this season. Barnet drew and beat them. Bristol Rovers lost one, won one. They're not as bad as a lot of the people on here think.

How about the collective record against Telford or anyone else in the bottom half. Lies, damned lies and statistics eh!
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 158
mariner91
March 2, 2015, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How about the collective record against Telford or anyone else in the bottom half. Lies, damned lies and statistics eh!

Or how about the fact that we're third in the table and have won our last three games? Nobody is saying that we're a brilliant side, I certainly don't think you'd find many willing to argue that we're the most exciting team in the land either. However, we have a chance of promotion still and with 10 games left I'd take 10 boring 1-0 wins right now if it means we get back to the FL. This whole thread is ridiculous and seems to stem from a desire for some to moan about something even at times when there is relatively little to moan about. I know many don't like PH and the way he sets his teams out but I honestly feel if he doesn't get it right this year he'll be gone in May. Until then let's back the team and try and be positive unless there is a genuine reason to moan about something. And FFS let's stop moaning about insignificant things that are said in interviews.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 158
mike_d
March 2, 2015, 5:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Barnet drew once, won once against Telford.

Bristol won three times, but "only" 1-0 each time.

GTFC drew once, won once.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 158
horsforthmariner
March 2, 2015, 5:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 9
We are never going to go through a season winning every game 4 or 5 nil, braintree weren't a bad side and it was very windy. A few of our best players were retuning from injury.

We got 3 points, we are up to third, we've won 6 out of last 8 matches. The Club and  Manager aren't going to make any major changes at this stage of the season so lets all get behind the team and end this nonsense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 158
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2015, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91

Or how about the fact that we're third in the table and have won our last three games? Nobody is saying that we're a brilliant side, I certainly don't think you'd find many willing to argue that we're the most exciting team in the land either. However, we have a chance of promotion still and with 10 games left I'd take 10 boring 1-0 wins right now if it means we get back to the FL. This whole thread is ridiculous and seems to stem from a desire for some to moan about something even at times when there is relatively little to moan about. I know many don't like PH and the way he sets his teams out but I honestly feel if he doesn't get it right this year he'll be gone in May. Until then let's back the team and try and be positive unless there is a genuine reason to moan about something. And FFS let's stop moaning about insignificant things that are said in interviews.

There's so many facts that you can turn into spurious arguments, but like many others, you're saying that because we've won three games in a week then nobody's entitled to have an opinion. Of course, we'd all take 10 1-0 wins because it might well mean that we don't have to go through the lottery of play-offs.

The glass half-empty argument, of which I'm guilty as charged, is that we have had the squad and the opportunities to be in top spot by now if we had shown some half-decent home form.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 158
mariner91
March 2, 2015, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There's so many facts that you can turn into spurious arguments, but like many others, you're saying that because we've won three games in a week then nobody's entitled to have an opinion. Of course, we'd all take 10 1-0 wins because it might well mean that we don't have to go through the lottery of play-offs.

The glass half-empty argument, of which I'm guilty as charged, is that we have had the squad and the opportunities to be in top spot by now if we had shown some half-decent home form.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, nobody has said any different. However, when that opinion is moaning about something completely trivial like an interview after three wins in a row, including a terrific win away at the then league leaders, then it seems to be moaning for the sake of moaning. Just what purpose does it serve, absolutely nothing constructive can come from it. If it had been moaning about a tactical aspect of the game or a personnel selection (which you could definitely say was poor at the weekend, regarding the Parslow substitution) then I could understand it. But it was about an innocuous comment or two in an interview. A pointless interview and a pointless, cheap dig at PH.

My opinion on it at the minute is that, as previously under PH, we're good but not quite good enough. I think we lack a commanding central midfielder and an attacking player with real creative ability. However, it's the business end of the season and at the minute things are going relatively well. At this stage of the season, I'll take results rather than performances but that's just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 158
BIGChris
March 2, 2015, 5:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
6 wins in 8 league games. Is that the best points haul of the season?
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 158
horsforthmariner
March 2, 2015, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from BIGChris
6 wins in 8 league games. Is that the best points haul of the season?

joint after alty away we'd won 5 and drawn 3 of the previous 8 I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 158
Vance Warner
March 2, 2015, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,798
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mariner91

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, nobody has said any different. However, when that opinion is moaning about something completely trivial like an interview after three wins in a row, including a terrific win away at the then league leaders, then it seems to be moaning for the sake of moaning. Just what purpose does it serve, absolutely nothing constructive can come from it. If it had been moaning about a tactical aspect of the game or a personnel selection (which you could definitely say was poor at the weekend, regarding the Parslow substitution) then I could understand it. But it was about an innocuous comment or two in an interview. A pointless interview and a pointless, cheap dig at PH.

My opinion on it at the minute is that, as previously under PH, we're good but not quite good enough. I think we lack a commanding central midfielder and an attacking player with real creative ability. However, it's the business end of the season and at the minute things are going relatively well. At this stage of the season, I'll take results rather than performances but that's just my opinion.

Spot on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 158
ginnywings
March 2, 2015, 8:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
I see the word "moaning" again in a few posts. Why is anything other than praise classed as moaning? Surely there is room on a football discussion forum to discuss err.......football.

I am not a fan of the Hurst pragmatic approach and i never have been. I know many fans who stay away because of it and to me that affects the club financially. Surely that is a topic for discussion. The fact that we have won the last three games doesn't change the fact that we have dropped 24 points at home already this season and that will probably cost us the chance of automatic promotion. That means the play offs again and the prospect of not being able to score the goals to get out of this league looms large. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

I think that's an important discussion point but that's just my opinion. If some see that as moaning then so be it, that's their opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.