14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
chicaneuk
February 3, 2015, 7:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Sorry to hear he's gone. He's been a part of the team for a while and thought whilst he was a little inconsistent, he did have some good games for us.

Good luck in your future endeavours, Aswad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 130
rancido
February 3, 2015, 7:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete

Thomas was out of contract at the end of the season,

It was him that took the option up oN his contract for a further year,

Not GTFC,

So he could have gone south last May.

Maybe so but being back home in the summer break could have made him feel more unsettled when he came back for pre-season training. I'm only playing devils advocate here but until we know all the facts then everything is just speculation and surely it is better to wait than condemn him off hand.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 130
ska face
February 3, 2015, 8:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
I'm just looking forward to Pearson and McKeown being to organise themselves and have a breather at breakdowns now. The poor illegitimates seemed to spend almost all their time screaming as Thomas for one reason or another.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 130
grimsby pete
February 3, 2015, 9:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

Maybe so but being back home in the summer break could have made him feel more unsettled when he came back for pre-season training. I'm only playing devils advocate here but until we know all the facts then everything is just speculation and surely it is better to wait than condemn him off hand.

I was not condemning him just stating a fact,

If he was home sick he could have gone home last May,

He chose to stay.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 130
LH
February 3, 2015, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Isn't it the club who have the option of the extension? They get the option to either exercise the option or cancel it.

For example: A player signs a two year plus one year option deal. Effectively signing a three year contract but can be released after two should the club decide not to take the option. The player has already agreed to play for three years by signing the original contract.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 130
cleethorpes_mariner
February 3, 2015, 9:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from LH
Isn't it the club who have the option of the extension? They get the option to either exercise the option or cancel it.

For example: A player signs a two year plus one year option deal. Effectively signing a three year contract but can be released after two should the club decide not to take the option. The player has already agreed to play for three years by signing the original contract.

No its normally the other way round, If a player plays so many games it can trigger a option on his contract, Bignot had one I believe which explains why he is still here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 130
Mrs Doyle
February 3, 2015, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
All I will say is a lot of teams attacked us down the Thomas flank obviously been watching video's and worked out this was a weak spot. Nuff said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 130
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 3, 2015, 9:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but, he was a good left back. Not out of the world and not rubbish, just ok.

I just don't see why this thread is still going!! Tony Daws didn't get this amount of airtime

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 130
Teestogreen
February 3, 2015, 9:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face
I'm just looking forward to Pearson and McKeown being to organise themselves and have a breather at breakdowns now. The poor illegitimates seemed to spend almost all their time screaming as Thomas for one reason or another.

This is a very interesting statement: - exactly what I witnessed at Harrogate Town in pre-season at very close hand.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 130
The Yard Dog
February 3, 2015, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Here's a question, would he be entitled to a league winner's medal if we (when) win the league?
The best medicine for AT is us winning the league and him missing out on playing in the Football league and not getting a medal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.