This thread currently has 24,169 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
February 3, 2015, 9:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
This young player could really have had a very successful footballing career, but it seems his off field life has not been very professional. What a waste, I doubt he will get back to higher levels now, he fear he will live to regret what has happened to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 130
denni266
February 3, 2015, 10:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
It was all a con imo.. i live with people with problems and the dont get over things because they move, , He should have been made to stay on the sick untill his contract expired  for trying to con everyone imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 130
Garth
February 3, 2015, 10:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from fleabag1970
He owes GTFC nothing . Been a great player for us ..........

Great! really my friend you are to loose with the word Great, good and very good at times but also costs us goals when defending mattered, don`t put him alongside the true great defenders,  Macca, Futcher, and many more at least two playing in todays team.

IMO he was homesick and got tapped up by Woking, the stress part might be true but,  he has certainly made a complete recovery  
We now have a better defender in Roberson, without the flare and mistakes of Asward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 130
ginnywings
February 3, 2015, 10:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Don't know how it came about, but the word "stress" got used, probably by the club in their statement and if so, you can't blame them for anything as they had to manage a tricky situation without going into too much detail and let it blow over.

Typically, the word stress then got extrapolated by the forum into depression and mental illness. He's better off at somewhere like Woking, where he can carry on his ridiculous notion of being "the best left back outside of the football league". Well Azza, you're not.

You end up in the Conference either because you have not much skill but are a team player with great attitude, or you have talent but can't handle the other parts of the game. Aswad falls into that latter category and playing in front of a thousand fans will suit him. He'll probably be really good against us as he was before we signed him.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 130
mariner91
February 3, 2015, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
I don't think he'll be much good against us personally. He's always had a questionable temperament and I'm sure there will be a fair few Town fans with an axe to grind that day.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 130
ginnywings
February 3, 2015, 10:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Gtfc_aldred_1988
Myself and I'm the daddy said this all along, that he wouldn't be back because of what he did to that house/flat and spitting into an officers face, good riddence to the thug I say!!!! And it's all true as I have seen the footage of this, so is im the daddy going to get reinstated back on to the fishy grimrob???? As we was telling the truth about this idiot of a player, rather him never wear a Grimsby shirt ever again!!!!

It was typing unsubstantiated claims that was the problem. You can't do that even if you know them to be true. Rob can and has gotten into trouble over it in the past and i don't blame him for protecting himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 130
Tommy
February 3, 2015, 10:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Aswad was a good player for us, not a great player.
My positive memory of him will be him setting up the winner at home to Wrexham a couple of years ago with a teasing cross after a knock-and-go around the defender.

Not as comfortable and composed with the ball as I'd like for a full back, too happy to sling it aimlessly down the channel when under any pressure.

And yeah you get the impression the whole stress thing and personal issues has been a big cover up because he wants to go back down south. Hope we didn't pay him off.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 130
Mrs Doyle
February 3, 2015, 10:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from denni266
It was all a con imo.. i live with people with problems and the dont get over things because they move, , He should have been made to stay on the sick untill his contract expired  for trying to con everyone imo

No way he's a bad apple and a expensive bad apple to boot, best get him away from GTFC altogether we have fresh faces ready to battle for the title. Forget Thomas he wasn't that good anyway never liked defending because couldn't be arsed half the time.

Good Riddance!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 130
WetFlannel
February 3, 2015, 10:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
The stress of constantly being on the top floor of Gypsy Tears must've gotten to him in the end .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 130
darren9
February 3, 2015, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 39
Can we not all be cnuts to Aswad and about this situation please?

I live with stress /depression its not nice and I too have had the sort of negative comments posted on this thread, about "not being able to handle" things and acused of taking "tactical" sickness when I couldn't go to work because of it.

If he is suffering - (and none of us know for certain if he is or isn't but as decent people we should be able to give him the benifit of the doubt surely?) then its not something that can be fixed overnight, he's probably going to have this issue on and off for the rest of his life (I know I am) and a move could help him. Being closer to a circle of friends/family and comfortable surroundings will help no-end.

The move back to Woking will help him as a person.

As for his position in the team ... well, it was clear that whatever was going on was affecting his form and his confidence. It probably wasn't going to get any better.

This move is the best for both player and club. The player gets a new start somewhere he is happy and can hopefully work to dealing with his issues.
The club has an unhappy and off form player off the books.

We should move on - concentrate on what our club is doing in the run in, not an ex player.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aswad Thomas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.